Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is fine, we walk away from the deal. If Richmond will only accept way over Bolton's price on a deal and retain probably their highest paid player who doesn't want to be there, that's on them. The deal only gets worse in future years and I don't see the point of retaining Bolton as they rebuild.

The onus is on Richmond to assist Bolton getting home, not us. We can offer a fair deal but no reason to go overboard.
I feel that if we overpay for Bolton Richmond pay part of his Salary. I wouldn't want him on the reported 1.1m. Not sure if its still a rule but if clubs still need to use 95% of their cap it may be a possibility.

WC people are very adamant (including reliable posters) that Freo are WC are planning on a pick swap. Essentially our firsts for 3 and 23. The idea between the 2 clubs being the latest of our firsts help WC get Baker while they draft with the other two while we would use pick 3 and change on Warner.

It seems WC peeps are hearing Warner is still absolutely in play this year. Thoughts on the possible price if it comes through?

WC people are very adamant (including reliable posters) that Freo are WC are planning on a pick swap. Essentially our firsts for 3 and 23. The idea between the 2 clubs being the latest of our firsts help WC get Baker while they draft with the other two while we would use pick 3 and change on Warner.

It seems WC peeps are hearing Warner is still absolutely in play this year. Thoughts on the possible price if it comes through?

Expensive but I’d pay it in a heartbeat.

We still have our second to get a small forward or whoever our top rated talent is.

Would change be a future first?

Happy to pay over a million for Warner

We can't if we pay over a million for Bolton

With Fyfe and Walters entering their twilight we need both Bolton and Warner but can most likely only afford one of them especially with Brayshaw coming out of contract next year.

I'd rather Warner as we need more pace through the middle

Not keen on that, but obviously depends on where the picks end up. If we're giving away three firsts then I'd wanna use that pick 3 on the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that’s the case then I’m ok with it but Bolton ain’t happening.

Pick three should be enough

Why? You hope pick three ends up like Chad Warner. Take Chad Warner
Why? 1) Because our small forwards have been our weakness all season and 2) We just lost and Sydney just got demolished and recency bias is very strong when it comes to these things.

That seems like a bad deal for us and if I was Sydney I'd prefer it not to happen tbh. Unless both our first and Port end up like 16/17

Our main key defender and the nearest mature body injured. The other back ups are kids. Fair play to Draper but I'd prefer Hamling out there right now.
We have Hamling at home. He's injured. How many Hamling's is enough? I think we are over stocked in kpd if I'm being frank.

2 AFL quality - Pearce and Cox
1 depth - McDonald
1 borderline AFL quality - Draper
2 developing. - Davies and Murphy

We have Hamling at home. He's injured. How many Hamling's is enough? I think we are over stocked in kpd if I'm being frank.

2 AFL quality - Pearce and Cox
1 depth - McDonald
1 borderline AFL quality - Draper
2 developing. - Davies and Murphy
McDonald honestly looked like an upgrade on Hamling in the few games I saw him play. Would've been nice if that knee was as serious as Cox's hammy. Then we could've got games into Draper while also having experienced replacement for Pearce.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back