Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Switta requests a trade which he is rumoured to be doing, then I think we will trade him. I think Richmond will ask for 3 first round draft picks for Bolton, and we will do it.

If that happens and he wants Richmond, it would make life much easier because his two years of contract will muddy the waters of a trade. Freo will value him very highly.

But Switta for Bolton is a massive upgrade. Switta for Baker is not a big difference in that mid/fwd role.

Except he wasn't because he too was injured. Bit like his time at Melbourne and Carlton. Great having a depth KPD but not one who is notoriously injury prone. And it goes back to why I think we need a spare, all of our KPD's are injury prone.

We have FOUR spare KPDs outside our best 22 and we only play TWO of them.

May as well recruit more rucks.

If that happens and he wants Richmond, it would make life much easier because his two years of contract will muddy the waters of a trade. Freo will value him very highly.

But Switta for Bolton is a massive upgrade. Switta for Baker is not a big difference in that mid/fwd role.

He'll probably request a trade to Carlton.

Missing finals should be a real jolt to the club. It's really unacceptable and the club will be feeling the choker tag this week.

Anyone that doesn't have a contract will be nervous. However, If we cut Sturt, I expect Cockburn will be visited by one of those Ukrainian FPV bombs.

If Switta requests a trade which he is rumoured to be doing, then I think we will trade him. I think Richmond will ask for 3 first round draft picks for Bolton, and we will do it.
Where have rumors' of the Switta trade come from? I've only heard a suggestion of a trade for him

Missing finals should be a real jolt to the club. It's really unacceptable and the club will be feeling the choker tag this week.

Anyone that doesn't have a contract will be nervous. However, If we cut Sturt, I expect Cockburn will be visited by one of those Ukrainian FPV bombs.

The Cerra trade was for Carlton’s pick 6.
Out first and second gets Bolton.
What did we pay for Hogan?
Two first rounders and you sell the farm.
You want a flag? Selling everything for one player the only thing you’ll win is comedy and ridicule.
Hey what if we get Jackson? That’s the missing piece and what did he cost😜

And we'll have 44 if I have to explain my analysis on our KPDs again. I'll do it. You see if I don't!

We’ve already recruited spare KPDs and more than every AFL club has.

I don’t think we have McDonald out for basically a whole season and Cox and Pearce basically combining for a whole season out very often.

Draper, Davies and Murphy are only going to be better next year. The club has literally already planned for this - if anything they’ve slightly overdone it imo.

We’ve already recruited spare KPDs and more than every AFL club has.

I don’t think we have McDonald out for basically a whole season and Cox and Pearce basically combining for a whole season out very often.

Draper, Davies and Murphy are only going to be better next year. The club has literally already planned for this - if anything they’ve slightly overdone it imo.

Problem is the injury cloud that hangs over all three. McDonald is notorious for being injured, Pearce has spent his career injury prone and of course we chuck him back in straight away only to get injured again, and Cox has had two fairly decent injuries. The other 3 are all development and as KPD's won't be ready for 2 to 3 years as the bodies mature. Okay, it's rare for them all to be injured but that's where we ended up.

Basically we need a resilient, mature bodied key defender. Tell you who was never injured. Zac Dawson!

No way we give up 3 first round picks for Bolton only unless it includes Baker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is the injury cloud that hangs over all three. McDonald is notorious for being injured, Pearce has spent his career injury prone and of course we chuck him back in straight away only to get injured again, and Cox has had two fairly decent injuries. The other 3 are all development and as KPD's won't be ready for 2 to 3 years as the bodies mature. Okay, it's rare for them all to be injured but that's where we ended up.

Basically we need a resilient, mature bodied key defender. Tell you who was never injured. Zac Dawson!
I think your real argument is one of them should be delisted / traded because there is no scenario we bring in another KPD without that happening

It’s a bit premature to be writing off Cox coming off a significant hamstring where he has definitely not been given the time to work back to full fitness before coming in due to others being injured.
He’s far better than the player we’ve been watching recently.

It’s a bit premature to be writing off Cox coming off a significant hamstring where he has definitely not been given the time to work back to full fitness before coming in due to others being injured.

Exactly, Cox needs a preseason and fitness. But the big thing is he's not a KPD. His breakout year was really as an intercept.

How much ****en time does he need? He did the Hammy 5 months ago. Should be humming by now. Yesterday was unacceptable

How much ****en time does he need? He did the Hammy 5 months ago. Should be humming by now. Yesterday was unacceptable
Humming is a reach. Should be trying a lot harder than he did on the weekend because that was just plain lazy.

But he was injured for 8 weeks on top of a 15 week hammy. There’s zero chance his body gets back to what it was before those injuries this season, especially missing so much pre season.

Humming is a reach. Should be trying a lot harder than he did on the weekend because that was just plain lazy.

But he was injured for 8 weeks on top of a 15 week hammy. There’s zero chance his body gets back to what it was before those injuries this season, especially missing so much pre season.
Humming isn’t a reach if you are a professional athlete. If he was that underdone, put in Davies

He’s played a couple of games at Peel and 7 games now in the ones. If he can’t be up to speed by then, I don’t think he will ever be

Last edited:
(I couldn't find great sources on VFL games so may be wrong on McDonald)

McDonald has played 139 AFL/WAFL/VFL games since 2015 for an average of 13.9 games per season.

Cox has played 128 AFL/WAFL games since 2017 for an average of 16 games per season.

Pearce has played 144 AFL/WAFL games since 2014 for an average of 13.1 games per season.

Obviously covid has affected those numbers a bit but that's not great. That means assuming they aren't injured at the same time we wouldn't get a full season of 2 experienced KPDs fit out of the 3 of them on average.

This season was probably on the higher end of games missed but to expect all 3 to be fit for more than 2/3 of a season each is highly optimistic.

(I couldn't find great sources on VFL games so may be wrong on McDonald)

McDonald has played 139 AFL/WAFL/VFL games since 2015 for an average of 13.9 games per season.

Cox has played 128 AFL/WAFL games since 2017 for an average of 16 games per season.

Pearce has played 144 AFL/WAFL games since 2014 for an average of 13.1 games per season.

Obviously covid has affected those numbers a bit but that's not great. That means assuming they aren't injured at the same time we wouldn't get a full season of 2 experienced KPDs fit out of the 3 of them on average.

This season was probably on the higher end of games missed but to expect all 3 to be fit for more than 2/3 of a season each is highly optimistic.
Of anything, your research shows how we should be perfectly covered. We should normally have 2 of 3 available with Draper to cover when needed. It's just been an extra bad season between the three of them

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back