Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be nice if Baker just came out and said WC, then we could just focus on Bolton and Warner (maybe one this year and one next year).
I think WCE don't want to give up even pick 23 for him or may have placed a 'We need to see what we can get first' type comment as opposed to an out and out chasing him. Maybe Richmond have already said, we won't accept pick 23.

Hence, Fremantle are in discussions because they can offer more and fits our profile better for the now.

Usually, when you pick a club it's because you're confident they can get the deal done. Baker may very well rather Eagles, but understands it's perhaps not possible and hence 50-50.

I don't think he wants to come to us.

I think WCE don't want to give up even pick 23 for him or may have placed a 'We need to see what we can get first' type comment as opposed to an out and out chasing him. Maybe Richmond have already said, we won't accept pick 23.

Hence, Fremantle are in discussions because they can offer more and fits our profile better for the now.

Usually, when you pick a club it's because you're confident they can get the deal done. Baker may very well rather Eagles, but understands it's perhaps not possible and hence 50-50.

I don't think he wants to come to us.
Baker is OOC though, so Richmond can’t really demand anything with the threat of walking him to PSD if they don’t accept WC offer. They are desperate to keep Freo in the conversation. Realistically WC 23 is a fair price, so if he wants to go there, that probably gets done.

Baker is OOC though, so Richmond can’t really demand anything with the threat of walking him to PSD if they don’t accept WC offer. They are desperate to keep Freo in the conversation. Realistically WC 23 is a fair price, so if he wants to go there, that probably gets done.

Absolutely realistic, but Eagles may just want to bring in youth. Unsure if supporters will want 25 year olds regardless of cost when they’re in full rebuild mode.

If Eagles grab some other currency for Barrass etc then they may be willing to part with 23.

Just my thoughts.

Or Baker is just genuinely torn between playing for his childhood club or a potentially more successful one in the next 5 years.

Or Baker is just genuinely torn between playing for his childhood club or a potentially more successful one in the next 5 years.

Most people don't announce it until the season is over.

Expect an announcement next week, assuming we are out of finals. If we are in finals, then if he has picked us he will wait until we have been knocked out.

I think Richmond can pay Baker enough to retain him if they want to.

Winder might be an okay idea.

Owies is literally a smaller Emmett except way older and only slightly better. When Owies was the age of Emmett he was far worse. I’d rather give Emmett four years (which isn’t happening) than bring Owies across on three. Carlton will offer him a contract imo so we’re not getting him for nothing contract wise.

In no way am I saying Emmett is the answer but it’s players like Owies being best 22 that is separating Carlton between fringe top eight to the star-studded team the media think they are. Their top 12-14 is as good as anyone’s but the rest of their team stinks.
This is so wrong 😂

Owies has no athletic ability but is a clever goal sneak who consistently finishes his chances.

Emmet is the exact opposite lmao

Edit: I'm not necessarily saying we should pick up owies, only that calling owies a smaller emmet had to be called out haha

Most people don't announce it until the season is over.

Expect an announcement next week, assuming we are out of finals. If we are in finals, then if he has picked us he will wait until we have been knocked out.
Yes, but usually someone is a preferred destination.

I think the request will come either way once their season is over. The club of choice will continue to play out.

I think he could be offered massive overs financially, but has made his mind up.

My subtle point is that Richmond could on one hand tell Baker there isn't enough money and with the other pay for Bolton to play somewhere else.

Richmond don't want to keep either Baker or Graham. They want to cash in on their trades or free agency compensation.

They aren't going to fight to retain Baker at the trade table. His value would be mixed in with the other trade of Bolton as if he were the steak knives and Richmond will be happy enough.

This is so wrong 😂

Owies has no athletic ability but is a clever goal sneak who consistently finishes his chances.

Emmet is the exact opposite lmao

Edit: I'm not necessarily saying we should pick up owies, only that calling owies a smaller emmet had to be called out haha
I was never meaning that to mean they have all the same strengths and weaknesses.

All I meant was that if either were best 22 next season or beyond the 2025/2026 version of this thread would be talking about finding a better small forward than Emmett or Owies. Unless either improve of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey staying it seems.
As a registered Banfield ummm doubter... I think Banners on nothing as depth for two years is a good thing. I have no problem him being the 25th-30th option on the list

Owies makes little sense for us. We rely on pressure forwards - he’s not that and although he consistently scores, he’s not a big goal kicker or a match winner. We have a lot of ok or decent smalls already.
Invest in draft or trade in dangerous small forward.

Bailey Banfield:
2022= 23 games, 13 full games, 52 quarters + 5 quarters as sub + 5 games unused sub
= 62% of possible quarters played

Made finals

2023= 14 games, 12 full games, 48 quarters + 1 quater as sub + 3 quarters then subbed off
= 93% of possible quarters played

Didn't make finals

2024= 23 games, 23 full games
= 100% of possible quarters played

The message out of this isn't Bailey Banfield, it's that we need options that keep him in the 20 to 25th player on the squad. He is very good coming on later to impact and he was good earlier in the year.

Well he clearly was at the start of the year and at the time of the contract offer. No guarantee he will be in the future.

I never said he was guaranteed just that he's one of JLos favs and that has me worried.

He's actually a really good depth player, versatile and can have impact as the sub. I just have reservations that he's seen as that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back