Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm listening right now, caller suggested 9, 17 and 26 for Baker and Bolton, so we keep our pick 10. I think it's a little too optimistic.

That's what I was thinking and I also think it's optimistic, so I would throw in F1 for Richmond F2 coming back. It's only a one pick downgrade though...

This is disgusting.

Bolton replaces Walters
Baker replaces Banfield
Johnson Replaces Fyfe
Noddy should be oin the wing but he did look good in the guts on Saturday
Don't think Bolton is all that good to replace Walters tbh. He's an A Grader and will be a massive difference maker if used correctly and tbh I don't think that's exclusively in the forward line.

Realistically Lachie Schultz is exactly what we need to replace Walters. It's great getting a top ten pick and everything for Schultz but we're top four this year with him or someone like him in the side.

The more I think of it the more we still need that type of player even if Bolton comes. And I really want Bolton to come btw.

Last edited:
I don’t mind a legitimate family reason (as much as I gave shit to Schultz, but that was mostly bc Collingwood) but can’t stand a Cerra type family reasons where they just wanna live back home.
I get it, but happens to all clubs, and as with Cerra can provide an opportunity to improve the list.

lol, 9&17 is too much for Bolton but 26 isn’t enough for Baker.
Likewise 9 & 26 is probably right for uncontracted Bolton but 17 is too much for Baker.
I can definitely see 9,17&26 being the play for a package deal.
To be fair, you only need to beat a WCE bid to get Baker, there's no reason to pay more than they do. Are they even looking at using their 2nd round pick on Baker or less? If less, his value drops dramatically.

Personally, I don't want Baker anyway. I'm all in on The Chad and don't want to compromise that trade whenever it happens by adding someone who I don't see making much difference to our side.

lol, 9&17 is too much for Bolton but 26 isn’t enough for Baker.
Likewise 9 & 26 is probably right for uncontracted Bolton but 17 is too much for Baker.
I can definitely see 9,17&26 being the play for a package deal.

This is the absolute max we could pay surely.

Anything more is massive overs.

Nod is perfect for Johnno's split inside/wing role as he appears to have proper aptitude for both.
Tbh Noddy should be playing majority wing position with the odd centre rotation to get his game experience up. I would leave Johno where he is because he has a very important position to fill when Fyfe retires.

Don't think Bolton is all that good to replace Walters tbh. He's an A Grader and will be a massive difference maker if used correctly and tbh I don't think that's exclusively in the forward line.

Realistically Lachie Schultz is exactly what we need to replace Walters. It's great getting a top ten pick and everything for Schultz but we're top four this year with him or someone like him in the side.

The more I think of it the more we still need that type of player even if Bolton comes. And I really want Bolton to come btw.

I understand a need/ want to ‘replace’ guys but we simply need goal scorers. Walters isn’t the prototype and even if he is/ was it hasn’t led to anything previously.

I think we’re close as is. Amiss and Treacy will continue to develop. Jackson and Sturt will continue to develop. Frederick is a nice point of difference. Bolton brings his ‘x-factor’. Mids can continue to rest forward and chip in.

That whole forward line has huge improvement in them. Even just through age.

Our defense holds up.

Our mids are exceptional.

If this team can’t make a sustained 5 year run at it I’m just at a loss.

Hand on heart there’s no other team I’d take right now over ours for 2025 onwards for 5 years.

Sure, a genuine small crumbing forward would be awesome. A big bodied midfielder like prime Fyfe. A better distributor off half back.

But what we do have is ridiculously talented, young and hopefully hungry.

I understand a need/ want to ‘replace’ guys but we simply need goal scorers. Walters isn’t the prototype and even if he is/ was it hasn’t led to anything previously.

I think we’re close as is. Amiss and Treacy will continue to develop. Jackson and Sturt will continue to develop. Frederick is a nice point of difference. Bolton brings his ‘x-factor’. Mids can continue to rest forward and chip in.

That whole forward line has huge improvement in them. Even just through age.

Our defense holds up.

Our mids are exceptional.

If this team can’t make a sustained 5 year run at it I’m just at a loss.

Hand on heart there’s no other team I’d take right now over ours for 2025 onwards for 5 years.

Sure, a genuine small crumbing forward would be awesome. A big bodied midfielder like prime Fyfe. A better distributor off half back.

But what we do have is ridiculously talented, young and hopefully hungry.

Schultz was a goal scorer but he also provided elite defensive which ATM we really really need. Watch teams take it out from our back half. Only Switta and Frederick are chasing nearly well enough to cause turnovers and Frederick can't tackle.

As much as it's not as good to the scoreboard directly I think I'd take a guy that scores 30 goals and is the best pressure forward in the side over a guy that kicks 40 goals where we are currently.

I'd take Bolton over both but that doesn't mean I don't want the pressure forward who kicks 30 goals.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very glad to hear this, basically means Tabs is definitely done, if we didn’t already know that. Time to get the Sturt autograph on an important piece of paper.
You've got delist someone every year (three players according to AFL rules actually - more realistically). There wasn't a single chance it wasn't Taberner. Surprised we haven't seen a retirement announcement by now tbh.

Schultz was a goal scorer but he also provided elite defensive which ATM we really really need. Watch teams take it out from our back half. Only Switta and Frederick are chasing nearly well enough to cause turnovers and Frederick can't tackle.

As much as it's not as good to the scoreboard directly I think I'd take a guy that scores 30 goals and is the best pressure forward in the side over a guy that kicks 40 goals where we are currently.

I'd take Bolton over both but that doesn't mean I don't want the pressure forward who kicks 30 goals.

Baker could bring pressure. I don’t think Bolton won’t bring pressure. Just his presence will make the opposition scramble.

I’ve mentioned this before, but I think it’s our system that’s creating less stoppages inside 50m. I like our current system heaps more. We’re isolating forwards and passing it in.

Baker could bring pressure. I don’t think Bolton won’t bring pressure. Just his presence will make the opposition scramble.

I’ve mentioned this before, but I think it’s our system that’s creating less stoppages inside 50m. I like our current system heaps more. We’re isolating forwards and passing it in.
Baker isn't a forward. Simple as that.

He's an upgrade wherever else we could realistically chose to play him though.

You're treating it as a personnel issue, when I'd say it's as much a systems issue as any thing else, if not more (and not even an "issue" necessarily). Yes, oppo take it out from our half back — but for the most part, along the boundary, because our half forwards are set up to leave that open, to protect the corridor and allow team defense to set up.

That doesn't mean these HFs never get the opportunity to tackle/lock it in I50, or might not be better off applying that kind of pressure at times rather than letting oppo out along the boundary. But the way I see it, this year has been about bedding down those forward systems. Next year we will hopefully see experience and judgement start to come into it, with better F50 pressure and more goals from F50 turnovers and stoppages as a result.

So we sign Banfield and Voss but no word on Sturt?

We better sign him. I swear if Sturt is kicking 45 goals for some Melbourne team next year while we are still here stranded outside the top 8 watching JL chewing his nails while Banfield butchers chances…

Sturt is the one key player OOC we need to sign. All these others are C graders

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back