Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Bolton wants to break his contract with Richmond and play for Freo, why does Freo or Richmond need to cover his wage?

I see a lot of, he'll come to Freo but Richmond will pay some of this wage. Surely he forgoes anything in the Richmond contract and he works out with Freo how much he gets paid.

Yes, that is what happens. A new contract is drawn up, but a team can still have the old team pay part of a new contract.

It’s why we’ve been shafted a few times because players have left towards the end of their contracts when they’re on the lower dollars.

Front loading may be good to entice a player over, but harder to keep them at the end if they’re about the money, which is what Lobb, Henry, Hill, Neale and others would’ve been about.

I think we’ve learned from that and are signing long deals and salaries are likely spread systematically.

If Bolton is on $1.1 over next 4 years I think we’ll try to smooth it out over say 6 years with a slight increase and ask Richmond to cover some.

Maybe $5.5 total over 6. Richmond pay off $1.5 over next ~3 years. Effectively $4million over 6 years, but we’ll pay overs with picks.

I feel it will go down like this.

If Bolton wants to break his contract with Richmond and play for Freo, why does Freo or Richmond need to cover his wage?

I see a lot of, he'll come to Freo but Richmond will pay some of this wage. Surely he forgoes anything in the Richmond contract and he works out with Freo how much he gets paid.

Because he is already on 1.2 million, and Freo can't afford to match that. If he forgoes his contract and works out a new one that has nothing to do with Richmond, he stands to lose a few million dollars. The only way he gets what he signed up for is if Richmond pay a large chunk of it.

Richmond will also be struggling to meet their minimum payments threshold, so it is an opportunity to buy an extra first rounder for them.

Ideally yeah but if you signed a contract for 1.2 million a year are you giving any of that back?
You are if you want to break the contract.
If we were in the US sports situation and wanted a trade, sure trades include salary differential, but we aren’t.
Only reason for Richmond to agree to pay any part of his salary is for more draft capital.

100%!! Now we just need to keep Sturt and Hopefully Switta and that is a serious forward line. Draft this Berry kid everyone keeps going on about with the other first and a winger/outside mid who can kick with the Saints 2nd and we are sweet.

Because of cap space for both clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon I could be offered 95% of eagles salary cap for 18 years and I could not play for that shit

Lol. If this were possible I reckon the rest of the squad would be the lowest paid 43 players in the comp or at least close to.

Not only would the team suck you wouldn’t be very popular. That’s a lot of money though - do it for a couple of seasons and invest well and you’d never need to work again.

If Baker genuinely wants to go there it shows where his heads at. Have fun mate

I don't blame him, tbh. If the fortunes of the two clubs were reversed and I were in Baker's shoes there is still no way in hell I would pick WC.

I don't blame him, tbh. If the fortunes of the two clubs were reversed and I were in Baker's shoes there is still no way in hell I would pick WC.

Agreed. If he chooses West Coast, I respect that a lot. We question players loyalty then mock Baker for picking the team he grew up supporting, when he has every reason to turn his back on the team he supported.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Based on his Instagram story am I to believe Switta got his kitchen re-tiled yesterday? Surely you're not doing that if you're requesting a trade lol
I don't see Sturt retiling...#sturtisntleavingconfirmed

He hasn't got a house to retile. 😜
Think About It GIF by Identity

Can't get resell value if we don't pay him enough to buy one 🤣

If Baker genuinely wants to go there it shows where his heads at. Have fun mate
It's a shame because I was starting to warm up to the idea of getting him. A very reliable footballer with good skills and IQ. He would have been a great replacement for JOM. I suppose Simpson can take his spot when the time comes. I agree with the others, no point targeting Baker if he wants to be an Eagle. No one should his take his personally either, if I was in the AFL I would not be caught dead in Eagles colours unless my career was on the line. To play for the team you supported would be a dream.

This guy every now and then update the phantom draft. Look like he considered many trades and changed the draft order . Have a look at our draft picks and look like we kept our middle first round and a pick 19 appear ... and we have pick 30 as well. Any idea? does he think Port will have pick 17 which slided to pick 19? can't work it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back