Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo need to hold there 3 first round picks & dont get tempted by dreggs from other teams, remember the Tim kelly failure. Bolton is about the only player i would give up a 3rd rounder and no more.

Sounds good, but it won't happen.
They'll be after 2 first rounders, or it won't happen.
Freo will do it, coz they need quality finishers. That's what they lacked yesterday

Its weird that you give someone who is not naturally motivated a contract that long unless it is incentivized in some way?
Not naturally motivated is a bit shallow. Put in a mountain of work in the off season and added more muscle than anyone else at the club, and put in a ton of extra work to get himself ready for round one. That doesn’t sound like something an unmotivated guy would do. Just for whatever reason it’s completely failed to translate to game day this year.

At the same time six years was never really necessary. He was never a chance to move with a baby on the way and a WA partner, no matter what the offers from other clubs were.

Do we role the dice on a guy like Stringer? Ooc isn’t he? Big game player with flaws, but skills aren’t one of them.
No more players in the forward that can't pressure unless they're A Graders.

We probably need two pressure forwards in the forward to go from bottom four to top eight in the pressure rating. Do that and everything else stays the same and we're top four.

No more players in the forward that can't pressure unless they're A Graders.

We probably need two pressure forwards in the forward to go from bottom four to top eight in the pressure rating. Do that and everything else stays the same and we're top four.
I hear ya. But who’s available to do the pressuring that’s experience and available? Baker?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

High risk high reward.

Don’t get me wrong preference is Warner then Bolton. The former probs won’t come though.
If you can get him for 1 year on reasonable coin I think its fine.

But I am sure he'll get a Vic offer at least as good and there is no way you can give him a 2 year deal because he only plays well in contract years.

I just don't understand how the Hawks have been able to build a formidable forward line without an A+ KPF. I just don't get it with our club.

I do think Rick and Sturt aren't fit enough to apply the type of pressure required in modern footy. The Hawks are masters at drawing head-high free kicks. We just don't have those avenues to goal.

If you can get him for 1 year on reasonable coin I think its fine.

But I am sure he'll get a Vic offer at least as good and there is no way you can give him a 2 year deal because he only plays well in contract years.
You’re probably right. My knowledge of who’s ooc is limited, he’s one name I know is so thought I’d bring it up.

I just don't understand how the Hawks have been able to build a formidable forward line without an A+ KPF. I just don't get it with our club.

I do think Rick and Sturt aren't fit enough to apply the type of pressure required in modern footy. The Hawks are masters at drawing head-high free kicks. We just don't have those avenues to goal.

I'm not so sure we would get away with our players drawing high free kicks for so many goals without it becoming a big news story and umpiring interpretations to change.

I hear ya. But who’s available to do the pressuring that’s experience and available? Baker?
We've got to work that one out because we're not even making the last two weeks of finals until we fix it.

I don't think recruiting HFFs and small forwards that average 2 goals a game at a lower level but offer **** all else are a high percentage way of going about it. Not one had heard of Schultz or Switta when we drafted them - might take two years but if Walls can identify similar players that's what we need.

3.4 shots/game @ 48% - Amiss (9.8 points)
3.2 shots/game @ 71% - Treacy (13.6 points)
2.4 shots/game @ 49% - Frederick (7 points)
1.9 shots/game @ 48% - Banfield (5.4 points)

1.3 shots/game @ 46% - Switta
1.3 shots/game @ 45% - Young
1.3 shots/game @ 33% - Sharp
1.2 shots/game @ 39% - Serong
1.0 shots/game @ 30% - Brayshaw

That second group have 6.1 shots at goal for 14.2 points.

That's where our improvement can come from, before I get into marking power.

You’re probably right. My knowledge of who’s ooc is limited, he’s one name I know is so thought I’d bring it up.

Richards from Collingwood is being chased by port. He is a small forward.

Baker is another, but likely going to west coast.

Maybe Owies from Carlton but he has his own limitations.

I feel WAFL, VFL, SANFL can be a good hunting ground for small forwards.

Rioli and ballas both came from there.

Here are wa players out of contract the next 2 years

Liam Baker, Mitch Duncan, Denver Grainger-Barras, Jason Johannisen, Jaxon Prior, Riley Garcia, Matt Guelfi, Quinton Narkle, Jack Carroll, Kamdyn McIntosh, David Swallow, Kyah Farris-White, Hamish Free, Kalin Lane

Western Australia​

Jy Farrar, Billy Frampton, Joel Hamling, Jeremy McGovern, Mitch McGovern, Judd McVee, Brandon Starcevich, Taj Woewodin, Charlie Cameron, Jamie Cripps, Jack Darling, Bobby Hill, Ashley Johnson, Arthur Jones, Shannon Neale, James Tunstill, Michael Walters, Corey Warner, Callum Ah Chee, Nat Fyfe, Deven Robertson, Angus Sheldrick, Chad Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back