Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Richards from Collingwood is being chased by port. He is a small forward.

Baker is another, but likely going to west coast.

Maybe Owies from Carlton but he has his own limitations.

I feel WAFL, VFL, SANFL can be a good hunting ground for small forwards.

Rioli and ballas both came from there.

Here are wa players out of contract the next 2 years

Liam Baker, Mitch Duncan, Denver Grainger-Barras, Jason Johannisen, Jaxon Prior, Riley Garcia, Matt Guelfi, Quinton Narkle, Jack Carroll, Kamdyn McIntosh, David Swallow, Kyah Farris-White, Hamish Free, Kalin Lane

Western Australia​

Jy Farrar, Billy Frampton, Joel Hamling, Jeremy McGovern, Mitch McGovern, Judd McVee, Brandon Starcevich, Taj Woewodin, Charlie Cameron, Jamie Cripps, Jack Darling, Bobby Hill, Ashley Johnson, Arthur Jones, Shannon Neale, James Tunstill, Michael Walters, Corey Warner, Callum Ah Chee, Nat Fyfe, Deven Robertson, Angus Sheldrick, Chad Warner

We’ve had a prior crack at Guelfi… I think he brings something to the squad, assuming he comes very cheap.

I'm not sure what you do with this list other than bring in Bolton and maybe Baker. Why we decided to offer 2 year deals to Fyfe and Sonny is really strange. Fyfe at least plays a role, but Sonny can't keep his feet and he can't evade defenders. Sonny should definitely be outside the best 23 next year.

It is just diabolical this team missed finals. These guys are chokers.

Looks to be a pressure small forward who kicks a goal a game.

Would be handy to have, even if he plays WAFL most weeks.
He's more a HFF than a small forward tbh. My friends that support Essendon thought we should've targetted him for a wing position either 2022 or 2023. He's a good ball user but doesn't get it that much or hit the scoreboard.

He's certainly not a genuine small forward that we need but he's an alright player overall.

He'd only come to become best 22 unless he's about to be delisted, which I'd suggest is unlikely.

Guelfi was a big reason why the Bombers were playing well this year, got injured and they declined.
Problem is he's probably similar to Banfield, a utility.

He's more a HFF than a small forward tbh. My friends that support Essendon thought we should've targetted him for a wing position either 2022 or 2023. He's a good ball user but doesn't get it that much or hit the scoreboard.

He's certainly not a genuine small forward that we need but he's an alright player overall.

He'd only come to become best 22 unless he's about to be delisted, which I'd suggest is unlikely.

I think we just target small forwards unless they are a big upgrade on what we have.

Once we get 2 small forwards, then the competition for wing and half forward should improve a lot as Switta and Frederick gets pushed up the ground.

Perryman or Cummings would be good, but guelfi looks to be 1 level below that as he is not always getting a game at bombers. Did not know he was injured so obviously have not followed him much.

benedict cumberbatch time GIF by Sky

Ok I’m ready for my sugar hits to begin.

The news can start now

Bolton is not going to make the difference if we continue our match selection committee shenanigans.
(Paying him overs could force Sturt or Switta out which would heck us up in the short term, again)
Fyfe is cooked, Walters is cooked.
Continued selection of Banfield after continued games of mediocre.
Management of Darcy, Reidy & Jackson.
I'm not a footy coach, it all looks pretty obvious.

The only good thing about this year was being forced to play Draper, Young and Josh stepping up and Peel. (while not relying on Hughs and Tabs)
Sturt and Switta have shown improvement as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Fyfe or JOM are not in the side, I'll presume one is not. Then it's an opportune time to add a player that is capable of midfield tags. I'm of the firm belief every best 22/23 should have a player that can lay a tag in the midfield.

I think we just target small forwards unless they are a big upgrade on what we have.

Once we get 2 small forwards, then the competition for wing and half forward should improve a lot as Switta and Frederick gets pushed up the ground.

Perryman or Cummings would be good, but guelfi looks to be 1 level below that as he is not always getting a game at bombers. Did not know he was injured so obviously have not followed him much.
HFF/utility types will not help us at all imo. They just become a slight upgrade/downgrade on Switta or Frederick. That or they get placed into a role that doesn't suit them resulting in them looking like absolute hacks. Either way we're talking about the same thing in next year's thread.

Simpson is no different - he's a goal kicking mid that becomes either a mid or HFF at AFL level.

We need to target specific players that can play the roles we need in the side. Bringing in any half decent player that could remotely be described as a small forward won't solve the issue we have.

If Fyfe or JOM are not in the side, I'll presume one is not. Then it's an opportune time to add a player that is capable of midfield tags. I'm of the firm belief every best 22/23 should have a player that can lay a tag in the midfield.
Totally agree. The better sides like Port and the Swans have tags to take the opposition best out of the game yet we are happy to let Bont have his way with us every time we play them as well as JHV, Cripps, Warner, Merrett, etc.

HFF/utility types will not help us at all imo.
They will if they are elite users of the ball and make good decisions. So may times yesterday we had the ball in the middle or on the wing and were out only for a player to blaze away or fumble. Fix that with 2 or 3 players and it wil make a huge difference.

People that actively want to trade Switta on here are crazy. He was our 3rd highest rated player yesterday. 22 Disposals, 12 score involvements, 2 goal assists and a goal. Yes hes not as deadly around goals as people would like but he is a high HF and one of the best in the comp in his role. His agility/evasiveness is key to a lot of scoring chains every week. He brings something that not many on our team have. He leads the AFL in tackles inside 50 and is the leading small forward in pressure acts in the comp. He is 2nd at our club for goal assists and our 7th overall best player for the season. I really hope he doesn't request a trade.. would be a big loss.

To put it into perspective these are the top 10 highest rated small forwards for 2024
Screenshot 2024-08-26 114123.png

And the top 10 that are labelled mid-forwards
1724643626751.png

Attachments

• 1724643566951.png
    1724643566951.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 36
They will if they are elite users of the ball and make good decisions. So may times yesterday we had the ball in the middle or on the wing and were out only for a player to blaze away or fumble. Fix that with 2 or 3 players and it wil make a huge difference.
We still wouldn't have good small forwards.

We'd replace Switta or Frederick who on the average week are already pretty good footballers.

We'd replace Switta or Frederick who on the average week are already pretty good footballers.
We could have the best small forwards in the league but it won't do much good if our talls don't compete and bring the ball down to ground level or our wingers like Sharp just hoist high kicks into the forward line every chance they get.

People that actively want to trade Switta on here are crazy. He was our 3rd highest rated player yesterday. 22 Disposals, 12 score involvements, 2 goal assists and a goal. Yes hes not as deadly around goals as people would like but he is a high HF and one of the best in the comp in his role. His agility/evasiveness is key to a lot of scoring chains every week. He brings something that not many on our team have. He leads the AFL in tackles inside 50 and is the leading small forward in pressure acts in the comp. He is 2nd at our club for goal assists and our 7th overall best player for the season. I really hope he doesn't request a trade.. would be a big loss.

To put it into perspective these are the top 10 highest rated small forwards for 2024
View attachment 2092324

And the top 10 that are labelled mid-forwards
View attachment 2092321
The Baker thing is interesting. Wouldn't have picked it myself

Frederick has been pretty poor most of the season He has become one of those "choose to" footballers, only choosing to play when he wants to and doing little else like tackling and competing most of the time.

We could have the best small forwards in the league but it won't do much good if our talls don't compete and bring the ball down to ground level or our wingers like Sharp just hoist high kicks into the forward line every chance they get.
We seemed to stop leading in the last 1/4 of the season. Sturt and Treacy were the only ones. We may have just run out of steam.

Sharp is a winger not a HFF and one of the main reasons most HFFs aren't wingers is they don't have the running capacity. Having 4-5 AFL standard HFFs won't do sh**.

I honestly didn't think our talls were the problem yesterday and outside of the Geelong (forwards) and GWS (defenders) they haven't been all season.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back