• Chad Warner

Votes: 190 65.1%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 34 11.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be surprised if Zurhaar is of interest. Wrong haircut.

Simpson and Johnson could be game breakers in a few years time.
Simpson sounds like he could be. Johnson certainly has attributes but I haven't seen them displayed in that style during a game. That's not to say he couldn't develop that. He wants for very little talent wise.

I think pick 19 is about the best they could get for him so I doubt it. If it was anywhere near band 1 and they'll be pushing him out the door McKay style.
Yeah you could be right. i was thinking that if the offer was for pick 19 ish (which would be taken at least 5 picks after that if the draft previews are right in terms of where Academy and Father Son prospects will fall) then I think they'll match. If we got him for free then that would be huge for us provided it didnt ruin our salary cap.

Yeah you could be right. i was thinking that if the offer was for pick 19 ish (which would be taken at least 5 picks after that if the draft previews are right in terms of where Academy and Father Son prospects will fall) then I think they'll match. If we got him for free then that would be huge for us provided it didnt ruin our salary cap.
You're not getting a free agent for cheap salary wise and IMO, Zurhaar is a long way off being good enough to butcher you cap for.

You're not getting a free agent for cheap salary wise and IMO, Zurhaar is a long way off being good enough to butcher you cap for.
Yeah I agree. Which is why I'd only get him if the price is right. For what its worth I think he'd score significantly more goals for us then he has at North in recent times due to how he was playing on a team where the second best tall defender matched up on him most games and he was playing in a team that was smashed in the midfield consistently. On a better team where he would get the third or fourth tall defender I think we could isolate him as a deep forward and he'd kick way more goals.

In hindsight, if we took Collingwood's R1 pick from last year's draft for Schultz, we could have got Collard.
Exactly, we're eying off three new shinny things in this years draft rather than the players we missed last year. Hopefully one of them is a top 8 pick and it's not ours. Use it on the biggest X factor in the draft.

Zurhaar size, skill and aggression would be a good fit for us.
Don’t know about character. Might not fit with our 42 angels.

He's a B grader. You could fit him in but I don't think he's a difference maker.

Yeah I agree. Which is why I'd only get him if the price is right. For what its worth I think he'd score significantly more goals for us then he has at North in recent times due to how he was playing on a team where the second best tall defender matched up on him most games and he was playing in a team that was smashed in the midfield consistently. On a better team where he would get the third or fourth tall defender I think we could isolate him as a deep forward and he'd kick way more goals.

I don't. Doesn't seem to work that way. Hogan kicked more at the basket case Dees than he did here, for example.

If we're throwing cap around then it needs to be for genuine quality.

Adelaide paid up to get Curtin they aren’t letting him go after 1 year. Isn’t he on a three year contract? That’s a pipe dream. From all reports he is looking goods and enjoying his time in Adelaide.

Good option for us to keep in contact with for the future and we should be thankful that WCE didn’t chase harder via draft trade.

Adelaide paid up to get Curtin they aren’t letting him go after 1 year. Isn’t he on a three year contract? That’s a pipe dream. From all reports he is looking goods and enjoying his time in Adelaide.

Good option for us to keep in contact with for the future and we should be thankful that WCE didn’t chase harder via draft trade.
I don't think anyone is alluding to trading for him after one year. It will most likely be 3 years + before we will get a chance to land him. In the meantime Collard will be much easier to trade for should we deem him worth to chase.

If we turned Knobel and Murphy into Edwards and Curtin I'd be happy.

Knobel is going to struggle for game time with us: Edwards can develop and has greater diversity.

Murphy may be wanting to fly home: so might Curtin. (not suggesting equal value)

Not sure how those deals get done, but Taylor may be bored?

Knobel would need to sign an extension first. Out of contract end of this year.

I wouldn't expect a club to suddenly be interested in him with a year or two of physical development added but if one were interested prior to the draft they might think they could secure him in a trade for a late pick end of 2024. A third round pick out of contract with zero games played, they'd expect to get him for close to nothing.

Murphy could be in a similar position end of 2025.

Edwards and Curtin both carried much more significant draft rankings into the AFL. Pick #32 for Edwards was the third pick of the second round, Curtin was pick #8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Knobel starts dominating at peel this year, I can see his currency rise quite dramatically, he may only need a couple of game at senior level to get clubs interested.
Murphy has a few years of development ahead of him before he starts dominating at WAFL level.

Forget draft position and top picks getting longer initial contracts. They need to introduce some sort of loading of initial draft contact based solely on height.
Sub 190 cm 2 years
191-200 cm 3 years
201+ cm 4 years

Forget draft position and top picks getting longer initial contracts. They need to introduce some sort of loading of initial draft contact based solely on height.
Sub 190 cm 2 years
191-200 cm 3 years
201+ cm 4 years
You've officially lost the plot.

If we turned Knobel and Murphy into Edwards and Curtin I'd be happy.

Knobel is going to struggle for game time with us: Edwards can develop and has greater diversity.

Murphy may be wanting to fly home: so might Curtin. (not suggesting equal value)

Not sure how those deals get done, but Taylor may be bored?
Edwards got to the Cats, the team he supported

He won't come home unless he is forced out

Will battle it out with Conway for the next 10 years

No he won't. If both are any good they play in the same side and if they can't one of them requests a trade.
Feels like you're agreeing with me but you started with no he won't so idno

My point stands that he won't leave unless he is forced out, otherwise he battles it out with Conway for the #1 role or battles it out in a tag team with him

If Neale comes on then one is more likely to be forced out but tbh I'll be surprised if all 3 make the grade

Anyway the original point is that Edwards won't leave unless he is forced out (how that happens doesn't matter, could be not good enough, could be not locking down the #1 role etc)

If curtin shows any decent form at all he would cost an absolute bomb in trade capital. Adelaide would be ruthless to deal with too.

Feels like you're agreeing with me but you started with no he won't so idno

My point stands that he won't leave unless he is forced out, otherwise he battles it out with Conway for the #1 role or battles it out in a tag team with him

If Neale comes on then one is more likely to be forced out but tbh I'll be surprised if all 3 make the grade

Anyway the original point is that Edwards won't leave unless he is forced out (how that happens doesn't matter, could be not good enough, could be not locking down the #1 role etc)

Depends whether you’re talking forced out of the side or out of the club.

I don’t think too many no.2 rucks are genuinely forced out of clubs but plenty realise they’ll be playing state leagues until the no.1 is injured and decide to request a trade.

One of the biggest questions for us with Edwards was whether he was much of a forward. Conway is a pure no.1 ruck. Unless Edwards develops a forward game they won’t be able to play in the same side imo.

Depends whether you’re talking forced out of the side or out of the club.

I don’t think too many no.2 rucks are genuinely forced out of clubs but plenty realise they’ll be playing state leagues until the no.1 is injured and decide to request a trade.

One of the biggest questions for us with Edwards was whether he was much of a forward. Conway is a pure no.1 ruck. Unless Edwards develops a forward game they won’t be able to play in the same side imo.
I'm considering it same/same in this scenario tbh

Either forced out of the side and then has to leave or forced out of the club because he doesn't make the grade

TBH we are the last team that would look at recruiting a ruck anyway so its not too relevant, I just know he isn't leaving Geelong unless he really has to

I'm considering it same/same in this scenario tbh

Either forced out of the side and then has to leave or forced out of the club because he doesn't make the grade

TBH we are the last team that would look at recruiting a ruck anyway so its not too relevant, I just know he isn't leaving Geelong unless he really has to

Yea it’s going to be enough of a struggle actually keeping a third ruck on our list that’s ready to go if Darcy and/or Jackson is injured imo.

Whoever the third ruck is probably won’t even get a game when one of those two is injured.

Trading in someone from an opposition club will be near on impossible with those two on the list. Only scenario would be if there’s someone who needs to play in WA for whatever reason and West Coast isn’t interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back