List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I genuinely don't want us to trade out any player for like, five years minimum.

I'm exhausted.
Unfortunately with the list we are building, some quite good players will be leaving for greater opportunities elsewhere.

Edit: here’s this years list of players whose contracts expired in 2024, we need to delist/trade at least 3 main list players. If we trade someone in, that’s 4 from the main list we need to remove.
Sturt
Emmett
Stanley(R)
Wagner
NOD
Knobel
Banfield
Hughes
Tabs
Reidy(R)
Williams(B)
Jones(R)
Kuek(R)
Corbett

This is my priority ranking of importance to keep, so Corbett, Tabs and Hughes would all be in the firing line, Banfield if we get McDonald.

Last edited:
Unfortunately with the list we are building, some quite good players will be leaving for greater opportunities elsewhere.

Edit: here’s this years list of players whose contracts expired in 2024, we need to delist/trade at least 3 main list players. If we trade someone in, that’s 4 from the main list we need to remove.
Sturt
Emmett
Stanley(R)
Wagner
NOD
Knobel
Banfield
Hughes
Tabs
Reidy(R)
Williams(B)
Jones(R)
Kuek(R)
Corbett

This is my priority ranking of importance to keep, so Corbett, Tabs and Hughes would all be in the firing line, Banfield if we get McDonald.
5 players, no? assuming we pick up 2 of the train-ons via SSP, or 1 and 1 from the mid-year draft, that is. There's scope to delist and rookie one or two. E.g. Reidy's fate is not looking good. Williams and Kuek are 50/50, you'd think. With Corbett (also 50/50 at best), that's 4. Have to trade/delist someone else, or only take the 1 SSP/MSD.

5 players, no? assuming we pick up 2 of the train-ons via SSP, or 1 and 1 from the mid-year draft, that is. There's scope to delist and rookie one or two. E.g. Reidy's fate is not looking good. Williams and Kuek are 50/50, you'd think. With Corbett (also 50/50 at best), that's 4. Have to trade/delist someone else, or only take the 1 SSP/MSD.
Yep. Can't really count Corbett or Kuek if we've already replaced them.

Sturt
Emmett
Stanley(R)
Wagner
NOD
Knobel
Banfield
Hughes
Tabs
Reidy(R)
Williams(B)
Jones(R)
Kuek(R)
Corbett

I can get 3-4 to delist there reasonably easily. Important to note that if we sign Voss and someone else this year it will likely be two more that will need to come off

You can’t include rookies or cat B rookies though, they must come off the main list. 3-4 is Corbett, Hughes, Tabs and Banfield.
I think we've been through this but you can include rookies because you would just move someone else to the rookie list from those out of contract. Functionally little difference these days (Cat B is different)

I think we've been through this but you can include rookies because you would just move someone else to the rookie list from those out of contract. Functionally little difference these days (Cat B is different)
Are we allowed to place Hughes and Banfield on the rookie list again(I know the answer is yes) how many years have they each spent there?

Are we allowed to place Hughes and Banfield on the rookie list again(I know the answer is yes) how many years have they each spent there?
Yeah not sure (I imagine there is some kind of restriction) but any one of those names could go on the rookie list IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Knobel starts dominating at peel this year, I can see his currency rise quite dramatically, he may only need a couple of game at senior level to get clubs interested.
Murphy has a few years of development ahead of him before he starts dominating at WAFL level.
I can totally see him being the "next great ruck" in the future. He's got some fine attributes for sure.
Will make for some good match up viewing when he's up against Darcy 2030.

You can’t include rookies or cat B rookies though, they must come off the main list. 3-4 is Corbett, Hughes, Tabs and Banfield.
Can't include Category B rookes but imo you can include other rookies.

You can always delist and re-rookie fringe senior listed players to make it all work.

At 192cm, I do think he'd get an offer elsewhere. As you say, a free hit.
He's a free agent anyway.

Unless he establishes himself as best 22 we'll probably offer him one year at best. If he gets offered two elsewhere he's probably gone.

It's probably one of Sturt, Emmett, Banfield and whatever SPP we pick up (Voss/Beattie) to be delisted at year's end

I don't think Sturt needs anything more than 2-3 good games to move into re-sign category. Emmett is pretty much the same imo. Banfield is a bit older so probably needs to be best 22 to get much more than one year.

The thing that will hurt more is missing out on Curtin at pick 8. WA guy, good talent to build around.
Could've traded up for Pick 8, given it was losing value the more Curtin slipped down.
Getting Reid AND Curtin would've been raving all pre season.
They had pick 1(2024) on the table for Curtin

Couldn't offer much more than that, GWS decided they wanted to stay in last years draft and WCE didn't have a pick high enough to make it work, can't really fault them for it, pick 30 odd wasn't anywhere near enough to get to 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back