Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think I could handle that. Maybe if they were paying 80% of his salary.
They’d want to be paying all of it for three years. 🤢

Would expect there’s something back, also don’t think it will come to that, just that we may be prepared to pay that.

That's why I'd trade him if he's not going to get in professional athlete shape. He's gun when he's fit, but he simply doesn't give himself the best chance of being fit. That needs to change now.
Yeah so why would we trade him before seeing how he comes back in the off season?

If we're getting 2nd round change and significant salary, I actually think it's palatable if and only if Chad is still on next year. But we'd want to be sure about that.

Yeah so why would we trade him before seeing how he comes back in the off season?
Have you even known someone that tells you they're going to do the right thing over and over but never does? At some point you cut that person loose but for all you know the next time was the time they made the change. Always that risk.

If we're getting 2nd round change and significant salary, I actually think it's palatable if and only if Chad is still on next year. But we'd want to be sure about that.

Have you even known someone that tells you they're going to do the right thing over and over but never does? At some point you cut that person loose but for all you know the next time was the time they made the change. Always that risk.
Well when that person has been available and played good consistent footy to a high level up until mid last year then and then had their whole pre season interrupted by multiple surgeries then you give them another chance.

If we give three firsts, and get three seconds back, deep draft with clubs needing points, does that make it ok?

I’d still like one of those firsts, but maybe it’s not so much of a leap.

Still think that it’s a “we’ll
Do it if we have to” not a fait accompli

I'm not sure thats how its worked in previous years though, think some have known before they finished up

Maybe some ask for it earlier

edit: Like last year, we delisted Colyer, Wilson and Benning in August

Benning didn't play finals but the other 2 did
the year before we waited until the end for Crowden

Well when that person has been available and played good consistent footy to a high level up until mid last year then and then had their whole pre season interrupted by multiple surgeries then you give them another chance.

You can't possibly think he's in anywhere near the physical shape 99% of the AFL is? He's a clear outlier and that is independent of injury otherwise Morabito would have been 200kg.

He's 26, at what point do you concede this is what he is? I'm giving him 1 more max but I think I'd cash out now for Warner if that was on the table.

If we give three firsts, and get three seconds back, deep draft with clubs needing points, does that make it ok?

If we got 3 seconds I think that's perfectly fine. I wouldn't expect that though. 1 or 2 + $2.5m works for me though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9,10,17 for Bolton, 20, Richmond F2, 36.

Wow.

Swap 9 or 10, with an F1 it maybe it gets better. We are really betting on ourself, if we do that.

You can't possibly think he's in anywhere near the physical shape 99% of the AFL is? He's a clear outlier and that is independent of injury otherwise Morabito would have been 200kg.

He's 26, at what point do you concede this is what he is? I'm giving him 1 more max but I think I'd cash out now for Warner if that was on the table.

If we got 3 seconds I think that's perfectly fine. I wouldn't expect that though. 1 or 2 + $2.5m works for me though.
I actually don’t care how fat Darcy is when he has the impact he does for us. He’s had one season where multiple injuries keep derailing him and it came after two surgeries. 2023 they made the decision to send him for surgery so he missed a lot. There’s no world where you don’t give him at least an extra year to get his shit together. Same thing happens next year and it’s a genuine discussion, with Knobel et al developing in the background.

Pretty sure there’s a wait and see

I actually don’t care how fat Darcy is when he has the impact he does for us. He’s had one season where multiple injuries keep derailing him and it came after two surgeries. 2023 they made the decision to send him for surgery. There’s no world where you don’t give him at least an extra year to get his shit together. Same thing happens next year and it’s a genuine discussion, with Knobel et al developing in the background.
Nobody (other than Cornes) is questioning his ability.

I don't think I'd have to dig very hard to find studies showing correlation between BMI/weight and injury in athletes. That's my issue and I simply don't believe the penny is going to drop for him.

Like I said, I'd keep him around for 2025 unless there was a chance at Warner this year, who clearly does take his career 100% seriously.

I don’t know why so much is made of his salary for us to take on or the Tiges to pay part there of.
Bolton and management are pursuing a trade home ..is that right?
Then the contract changes, we pay a renegotiated contract and give up less picks, surely that’s gotta be in play.
Richmond get him off the books for 9 and 17.

Richmond pay half his contract for the next 4 years and we give up 9, 17 and 27.
Freo get our old second back and we go to the draft with 10 and 29.

Cap space and picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back