Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Banfield, Fyfe, Walters, JoM and Aish played 100 games last season.

Fyfe had his best year in 5, and didn't get injured, and still barely held a spot in the 22.
Walters really slowed towards the end of the year. Unlikely to best 22.
Aish was dropped from best 22.
Banfield was dropped, and not in best 22.
JoM held a spot in the 22 just, another year older I don't see him improving.

I really think only JoM should be near the best 22 next year, with no injuries, but this means we either need to have no injuries, bring in 2 or 3 players which seems unlikely, or find 2 or 3 draftees who can hit the ground running, once again unlikely unless we snag a mature age player.

If can't replace them, we could take a step backwards next year, until our bottom 5 players are good enough. (Hopefully this doesn't happen)

How many games do each of them play?
Who replaces them?

Here is my shot.

Banfield 5 to 10
Fyfe - 5 to 10
Walters - 1 to 5
JoM - 15
Aish - 5

Leaves roughly 60 games to fill.

Bolton 20
Small forward - 20 games - Pickett, Berry, Richards or ... (Need to add two small forwards to the list)
NOD - 10 more games
Erasmus 10+ games - should play all games Fyfe doesn't.

Banfield, Fyfe, Walters, JoM and Aish played 100 games last season.

Fyfe had his best year in 5, and didn't get injured, and still barely held a spot in the 22.
Walters really slowed towards the end of the year. Unlikely to best 22.
Aish was dropped from best 22.
Banfield was dropped, and not in best 22.
JoM held a spot in the 22 just, another year older I don't see him improving.

I really think only JoM should be near the best 22 next year, with no injuries, but this means we either need to have no injuries, bring in 2 or 3 players which seems unlikely, or find 2 or 3 draftees who can hit the ground running, once again unlikely unless we snag a mature age player.

If can't replace them, we could take a step backwards next year, until our bottom 5 players are good enough. (Hopefully this doesn't happen)

How many games do each of them play?
Who replaces them?

Here is my shot.

Banfield 5 to 10
Fyfe - 5 to 10
Walters - 1 to 5
JoM - 15
Aish - 5

Leaves roughly 60 games to fill.

Bolton 20
Small forward - 20 games - Pickett, Berry, Richards or ... (Need to add two small forwards to the list)
NOD - 10 more games
Erasmus 10+ games - should play all games Fyfe doesn't.
I could easily see O'Meara improving, how likely that is I'm not sure.

Whatever people think of him, Fyfe was a core part of a midfield that produced elite results this year. There's no reason he couldn't replicate his role next year... maybe in a reduced minutes kind of way.

We can only hope Erasmus demands a spot by his performances. I also think it's very important to add someone like O'Driscoll to the core midfield options.

Melb ITK reckons Kozzie 100% staying now 😔
He is clearly open to a move but maybe not 100% committed. Having a child recently and with both parent support networks in WA, you would think he has very strong incentive to return home.

If Walls is any good at his job as list manager (not talent scout), then we should expect him and the team to prioritise Pickett (after Bolton is done) and court Pickett's family hard this September to convince them to request a trade. If he doesn't pursue him then people need to stop treating Walls as the messiah.

Also if it is true that Pickett keeps asking about a return home every year and then changing his mind, you are now a dad. People are relying on you and have expectations. It is time to make a commitment and do what's best for your family, whatever that is.

I could easily see O'Meara improving, how likely that is I'm not sure.

Whatever people think of him, Fyfe was a core part of a midfield that produced elite results this year. There's no reason he couldn't replicate his role next year... maybe in a reduced minutes kind of way.

We can only hope Erasmus demands a spot by his performances. I also think it's very important to add someone like O'Driscoll to the core midfield options.
I doubt Fyfe is a good next year, and he has no injuries.

He is clearly open to a move but maybe not 100% committed. Having a child recently and with both parent support networks in WA, you would think he has very strong incentive to return home.

If Walls is any good at his job as list manager (not talent scout), then we should expect him and the team to prioritise Pickett (after Bolton is done) and court Pickett's family hard this September to convince them to request a trade. If he doesn't pursue him then people need to stop treating Walls as the messiah.

Also if it is true that Pickett keeps asking about a return home every year and then changing his mind, you are now a dad. People are relying on you and have expectations. It is time to make a commitment and do what's best for your family, whatever that is.
Walls is not the Messiah...
But he is a Very Clever Boy!

No but for real, the Pickett stuff is 100% up in the air until literally confirmed either way. To counter the Melbourne guy, someone else just told me a Demons player thinks he's gone.

No one knows, it's all guesswork at the moment
And I like your guesswork better!

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Football teams and the Titanic are totally related for my analogy.

When jumping ship, it’s best to get in first.

With that analogy, backed by strong evidence, Pickett to Freo is a mere formality.

The ship has already hit an iceberg. They’re taking on water. Gawn is going to go down with the ship. Viney too.

Petracca will jump next year.

Kosi will jump this year ‘children first’

Bank it.

Maybe, but that's still in the tea leaves. His role can be tailored to where he's at. As long as he can play a valuable role for the team, which I'd be confident he can (luck willing) for at least a good part of next year.
I doubt he would want to change anything re his offseason, given he had his healthiest year in a long time this season, but I would love to see Fyfe losing 5kg and training to get some mobility back. Would be quite the risk however.

With that analogy, backed by strong evidence, Pickett to Freo is a mere formality.

The ship has already hit an iceberg. They’re taking on water. Gawn is going to go down with the ship. Viney too.

Bank it.
I like it.

Jackson has been awful playing as first ruck. You clearly don't watch enough Freo games otherwise you would know this. They had to play Reidy because he could not cover Darcy's absence.
No Jackson hasn'T been awful as 1sT ruck. He was producing midfileld like numbers playing ruck when Darcy wasn'T in the team for all but a handful of games and was outstzandng in that role for all but the Geelong game and maybe one other game Ive forgotten. He did get worn down and clearly played sore in the second half of the year though and his overall form dropped off but in most of those games he ws second ruck.

Bank it.
Always thought Ross was right about letting the cobblers do the cobbling 😄

Bailey Banfield walking around into Day 1 of pre-season:

"You're Shai Bolton"

"Yes"

"You play half forward"

"Yes"

"I play half forward too"

"So?"

"Well are you better than me?"

"Well I never met you, but yes"

200.gif

This is Melbourne to Pickett right now.

I don't recall his departure being this publicised before. He could be genuinely undecided.. who knows.

Bailey Banfield walking around into Day 1 of pre-season:

"You're Shai Bolton"

"Yes"

"You play half forward"

"Yes"

"I play half forward too"

"So?"

"Well are you better than me?"

"Well I never met you, but yes"
Ive seen how Bailey interacts with other people when he visits the childrens hospital as Ive visited my mates sick kid who has cancer numerous times with my mate. Bailey's way more likely to be the first person to invite Shai over for dinner and ask him if he needs a hand to unpack then see Shai as a positional rival.

Ive seen how Bailey interacts with other people when he visits the childrens hospital as Ive visited my mates sick kid who has cancer numerous times with my mate. Bailey's way more likely to be the first person to invite Shai over for dinner and ask him if he needs a hand to unpack then see Shai as a positional rival.
it’s a joke from the Simpsons

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back