Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, if Pickett actually wanted to come here, given the contract he's on (sounds reasonable) and his age you just make it happen. I don't think there's actually any player (that's actually reasonable) I'd rather have. If we actually said it's "too hard" and we bring Baker in, I'll spit chips
Why play your hand this early?

There’s no need. And nothing in that is categorical.

Need to see about getting a countdown clock added

Playing Cards GIF by Warner Archive

I’m telling you. There’s a big name coming.

Think about it.

Freo have said they’re going to be aggressive. Players themselves have spoken about bringing in experience.

We had Pickett ask the question.

You think this ends with Bolton, maybe Baker and taking a pick or 2 inside 30 to the draft.

When it drops, it’s going to be biblical.

I’m not discounting a monster plus crack at Warner this year. That’s the obvious name.

Melbourne would kick up so much more of a stink than Richmond will with Bolton, and both could have the exact same reasons for returning to WA.

But if you get Bolton done first, then options open up. I think this is only dead when the door closes at 5pm on the last day.

Would be interesting for GC to pay Freo to take a contracted player again, based on current standings that might end up:
#9, #10, #17, #20/#26, #27

Absolutely none. Might’ve even been you that mentioned him at first and I said he was decent player along with a few others. That’s about it. Nothing specifically about Freo at all.

If there’s a smaller name having medicals at Freo this week I am struggling to think who it’d be though. Maybe Hansen jnr but I fail to see what he adds to us next year - it’s always good to add some 18 year olds to the list but outside of that I think we should be looking for instant impact or at the very least someone who could be reasonably expected to be a reasonable chance of being pretty good in 2026.
Guess that’s the kind of player freo are looking for.

Freo were into Hansen Jnr in his mid season draft I’m pretty sure?

Walls has proven to go after players he likes at draft like sharp

Guess that’s the kind of player freo are looking for.

Freo were into Hansen Jnr in his mid season draft I’m pretty sure?

Walls has proven to go after players he likes at draft like sharp
Hansen Jnr is a very good shout. Shown a little bit at North and seemingly unsigned AND we know we were keen

Or the clubs told him to cool it, so we don’t seem so bloody desperate that they bend us over a barrel.

Get Bolton done first, then it’s a case of what we have left

IF Pickett is still a chance it’s gone down like this:

Pickett - Yo, I’m a bit homesick. Keen on Freo.

Management to Freo - Any interest in Kosi Pickett

Freo management - Do we fold in 4th quarters? Of course we’re interested.

Melb management - cool cool

Information reported in media

Freo - But… we do have Bolton deal and a couple of other plays. We just need time to work through it.

Melb management to Pickett - They’re keen. No guarantees. They have a few things on. Will keep you updated.

Kosi - Well, I’m about to head to the top end. Keep me informed.

Management - Well as it stands, you’re obviously a Melbourne player. Simples.

Kosi - Yeah, nothing can be done right now. Obviously I’m a Melbourne player.

Reported as happy to stay.

Hansen Jnr is a very good shout. Shown a little bit at North and seemingly unsigned AND we know we were keen

He’s a long shot to make it IMO. If we get Bolton for two first rounders and use the other on a small forward theres no guarantee said small forward isn’t a better player straight away.

I think we should be after players developed enough to add something to a premiership push as soon as next year (not probable but not impossible) but young enough to still be contributing to one in five years time. That’s why Bolton and Pickett were perfect but if they were 10-15% worse (cos Bolton and Pickett are guns) they’d still be pretty damn good to add to the list.

What’s your intel on Baker? Still WCE bound?
Not a lot. Have no one close to that one.

Still a chance he lands here, think he’s in the queue behind someone else as well.

I think he’d like to come over with Shai, but ultimately just wants to get home.

He’s a long shot to make it IMO. If we get Bolton for two first rounders and use the other on a small forward theres no guarantee said small forward isn’t a better player straight away.

I think we should be after players developed enough to add something to a premiership push as soon as next year (not probable but not impossible) but young enough to still be contributing to one in five years time. That’s why Bolton and Pickett were perfect but if they were 10-15% worse (cos they’re guns) they’d still be pretty damn good to add to the list.
Unless we think basil hart can come straight in next year, then they’d just want a stop gap for a year or two.

IF Pickett is still a chance it’s gone down like this:

Pickett - Yo, I’m a bit homesick. Keen on Freo.

Management to Freo - Any interest in Kosi Pickett

Freo management - Do we fold in 4th quarters? Of course we’re interested.
The only correct response here is actually "By Odin's Raven, I will move the Heavens and Earth to have you playing footy with Bolton, Dogga and Walker in round 4 next year if you tell Melbourne your out. I love you Kozzie and literally want your babies (as father / sons / daughters)"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only correct response here is actually "By Odin's Raven, I will move the Heavens and Earth to have you playing footy with Bolton, Dogga and Walker in round 4 next year if you tell Melbourne your out. I love you Kozzie and literally want your babies (as father / sons / daughters)"

What if Chad is a legit shot this year?

I mean why not?

Freo could easily say to Pickett ‘look. We have Bolton and a couple of others that we’re confident on. Out of respect we have to pass this year BUT if something falls over we’d love to have you at our club’

That’s easier to believe then us just not going all in on Pickett the second he gave us a sniff.

Stringer? Then at least we should have two wins against the Bombers next year as he wont be able to torch us again.
Bold of you to think we’d get them twice.

Though we did lose, so maybe they think that will be a gift.

What if Chad is a legit shot this year?

I mean why not?

Freo could easily say to Pickett ‘look. We have Bolton and a couple of others that we’re confident on. Out of respect we have to pass this year BUT if something falls over we’d love to have you at our club’

That’s easier to believe then us just not going all in on Pickett the second he gave us a sniff.
I'm having a bit of fun with all this, but I'd seriously need Warner with a contract signed and Sydney having agreed to discuss a trade this year to not make Pickett basically priority number 1.5 (Bolton did ask for the trade first). I just think he's too perfect for what we need and too perfect a fit next to Bolton

Playing Cards GIF by Warner Archive

I’m telling you. There’s a big name coming.

Think about it.

Freo have said they’re going to be aggressive. Players themselves have spoken about bringing in experience.

We had Pickett ask the question.

You think this ends with Bolton, maybe Baker and taking a pick or 2 inside 30 to the draft.

When it drops, it’s going to be biblical.

I’m not discounting a monster plus crack at Warner this year. That’s the obvious name.
Cobbler, if I had even half of the optimism you do my life would be a hell of a lot better

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back