Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think Pickett wants to come here, but it might not be an absolute must for him right now. And Melbourne know this and will refuse to trade him at this point. There might still be a very small chance the situation changes.

Demons are going to be the next WC/Richmond, but at the worst possible time with Tassie coming in. They are in for a world of pain. I reckon their WA players are going to be leaving in droves with WC presumably starting to climb back up, and Freo hopefully going strong. Pickett would be wise to do it now. But if not, then I'd be staying in his ear and look to bring him in end of 2027 as a RFA. Would still only be 26 and a perfect age with Brayshaw, Serong, Young, Jackson, etc.

Have said for a while Rivers should also be a long term target. Also a RFA end of 2027. Replace Ryan who will be 31 and UFA end of 2027.

If there's something big cooking, maybe its the fabled "non-WA" target that's dying to join? Wallsy does owe us one.
You know how players have monster games against teams they’re trying to impress?

What’s a big name that tore us a new one in one of our only shellacking for the season? 🤔🤔

Non-wa
Big name.

It just makes sense!

I'm having a bit of fun with all this, but I'd seriously need Warner with a contract signed and Sydney having agreed to discuss a trade this year to not make Pickett basically priority number 1.5 (Bolton did ask for the trade first). I just think he's too perfect for what we need and too perfect a fit next to Bolton

But it makes sense right? You can’t just waltz in a week or so ago and jump the queue, when the front of the queue is Warner.

I’ll hold fire, but if all we get is Bolton, maybe Baker and some around the fringes moves we have simply stuffed it big time.

Pickett is a gun.

There HAS to be an additional gun to Bolton.

But it makes sense right? You can’t just waltz in a week or so ago and jump the queue, when the front of the queue is Warner.

I’ll hold fire, but if all we get is Bolton, maybe Baker and some around the fringes moves we have simply stuffed it big time.

Pickett is a gun.

There HAS to be an additional gun to Bolton.
I'll be here for you when Winter arrives

Cobbler, if I had even half of the optimism you do my life would be a hell of a lot better

Honestly, I’m pretty pumped if all we land is Bolton and still have some picks. Bolton certainly adds immediate value to our team.

I really like Baker too. Many here seem to be a bit meh on him. He’d be extremely handy.

I don’t think we can ‘lose’ in the upcoming draft period.

But I do genuinely think there’s more at play and BIG.

Hearing you guys have thrown big money at Quinton Narkle. Won’t be revealed until Port are out of finals though.

Hearing you guys have thrown big money at Quinton Narkle. Won’t be revealed until Port are out of finals though.
Just a smokescreen for Josh Sinn

You joke but I swear a Port poster (who appreciates Pickett as a person, not just a footballer) said his and Picketts partners are sisters or something...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You joke but I swear a Port poster (who appreciates Pickett as a person, not just a footballer) said his and Picketts partners are sisters or something...
We gonna offer him a role as an academy coach or something?

I don't think Pickett is done.

He's flagged that he's homesick and has asked for a trade - either directly or in a roundabout way, it has to have been asked though or it wouldn't have gone as far as it did in such a short space.

The club have likely reassured him his place is with Melbourne for the time being, and given him some space and time to head off to Darwin to be with family.

There's every chance he returns back to Melbourne and asks for the deal to be done. Ralph's a self-assured knob.

As for Warner, I reckon we should be barracking for a Swans flag because should be get one he's ticked the one major box early in his career, much more likely to head over home.

I don't think Pickett is done.

He's flagged that he's homesick and has asked for a trade - either directly or in a roundabout way, it has to have been asked though or it wouldn't have gone as far as it did in such a short space.

The club have likely reassured him his place is with Melbourne for the time being, and given him some space and time to head off to Darwin to be with family.

There's every chance he returns back to Melbourne and asks for the deal to be done. Ralph's a self-assured knob.

As for Warner, I reckon we should be barracking for a Swans flag because should be get one he's ticked the one major box early in his career, much more likely to head over home.
I think the combination of Bolton and Pickett is more lethal then Bolton and Warner. The first combination just compliments our list too well.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back