List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 50.0%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.6%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

To be quite frank Baker could replace any player in your best 22 under 190cm outside of your starting 3 midfielders.

Forget about his height Baker is a deadset gun. We don’t want to lose him for pick 10-15.

You seem to have the attitude of many opposition fans but no you cannot get Baker easily from a state league club. He literally established himself as a best 22 player when we were at our peak and has not only never been dropped but also finished high in our B&F consistently. Take it from a fan who knows him well, if you get him and Bolton top 4 should be your benchmark for the next 3 years (with your list) maybe longer.

In your view, what are Baker’s best attributes?

I often wonder what our established current players think about trading v drafting?
For example I’m sure Serong and Brayshaw or even older guys like Ryan and AP want all three R1 picks used to bring in mature ready to go players instead of kids.

Most of them are thinking if I don’t win one in the next 3 or 4 years it might never happen.

They really don’t give a shit about freo drafting an 18 yo that will hit his straps in the 2030s, when they mostly won’t be around.

Fans by contrast love draft picks and having a hopeful future, decade of dominance, that kinda thing.

Regarding the potential for us to trade for North's F1 - apart from the obvious (get a chip in that should form the bulk of a Chad Warner trade), is it possible that we're also thinking that we can't afford to have **** all picks in the next couple drafts? The alternative to going for North's F1 is telling Sydney "take all our (hopefully) shit first rounders and good day sir". But can we afford to do that with the apparently great crop of NGAs over the next couple years, no more discount, and a pick points system that apparently won't let teams take the piss with bids?

We've also seen multiple suggestions this year re Baker that Baker wants Richmond to be "adequately compensated" at the trade table, and if a team takes the piss in that regard he won't go there. Notwithstanding that there appear to be very one-sided definitions of adequate compensation, is there not a risk that Chad will make a similar demand?

In your view, what are Baker’s best attributes?

His number 1 attribute is I think you’d struggle to find a single Richmond supporter that has thought he should have been dropped since he established himself in the team in 2019.

His pressure and attack on the contest/courage is about as elite as it comes. He’s very consistent, doesn’t really have any weaknesses other than stature, he’s quick and agile, versatile and he still has enough attacking flair to be a weapon when he has the ball.

I watched most of your last game of the season and it was like watching an entire team lacking Liam Bakers elite attributes.

By recruiting Baker you are basically guaranteeing yourself a top 10 player for the next 4-6 years with attributes that most players don’t have.

Interesting that Collingwood coach McRae said today he prefers players not picks.
He tells his recruiting crew all the time! Apparently.
Almost Every coach in the afl would say that.

Ross Lyon famously ranted on footy classified about list manager loving picks.

“As a coach, I need mature bodies with 3 or 4 pre seasons not kids”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be quite frank Baker could replace any player in your best 22 under 190cm outside of your starting 3 midfielders.

Forget about his height Baker is a deadset gun. We don’t want to lose him for pick 10-15.

You seem to have the attitude of many opposition fans but no you cannot get Baker easily from a state league club. He literally established himself as a best 22 player when we were at our peak and has not only never been dropped but also finished high in our B&F consistently. Take it from a fan who knows him well, if you get him and Bolton top 4 should be your benchmark for the next 3 years (with your list) maybe longer.
Yeah but he is uncontracted so you will get unders, probably a 2nd round pick like 27 or so....

Last edited:
I wonder if he’s a backup plan if Bolton falls through. Saints 2nd with something coming back.

If we have a no dickheads policy, we can have one on the list.

I’m desperate to win so I’d take him in a flash.

Off load Brodie and bring in the package and enjoy the roller coaster of him an Bolton going 3/8 one week and 7/2 the next

Well that won’t happen.
Based on what?

Players don't set their trade value. That's up to the clubs to work out. If he doesn't like what we offer.... stay there.

Out of contract smalls like him aren't worth a high end first round pick like 10.

At best he's worth a late first or an early second.

I can’t get around this F1 from north idea at all?

All we are doing is setting a high floor for the Warner trade in 2025, if it indeed ever happens.

Meanwhile Carlton want a 2 time AA the same age as Baker and won’t even entertain using pick 11!
I'd only do it to use in a trade with Richmond assuming they value it more than 9 - they can be patient and have enough picks this year

We've also seen multiple suggestions this year re Baker that Baker wants Richmond to be "adequately compensated" at the trade table, and if a team takes the piss in that regard he won't go there. Notwithstanding that there appear to be very one-sided definitions of adequate compensation, is there not a risk that Chad will make a similar demand?
When did this start becoming a trend in AFL I’d love to know?

Can’t recall many previously traded players having to give their blessing that the trade price agreed between both clubs was to their liking, before they agree to be traded.

It would be nice if Liam Baker just let the cobblers do the cobbling…

When did this start becoming a trend in AFL I’d love to know?

Can’t recall many previously traded players having to give their blessing that the trade price agreed between both clubs was to their liking, before they agree to be traded.

It would be nice if Liam Baker just let the cobblers do the cobbling…
It's all talk too. Like what happens when neither club wants to cough up anything. He's not going to re-sign with Richmond because they weren't addequately compensated.

We need a bingo card for here for the next month for each poster and to see how fast we can bait them into ticking as many off as possible:
  • What did Schultz cost?
  • Baker is gritty/courageous/leader
  • PICK 2 FOR WELLER
  • Bolton is a top 5 player in the AFL in a good team
  • Freo will be premiership favourites getting Baker and Bolton, they have to pay overs for that
  • Richmond have the power in a Baker trade because they have pick 1 PSD
  • Baker is underrated outside Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back