Votes: 169 67.3%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As a DFA and depth, Martin seems like a good choice to me
Do we have enough list spots to take him?

I think I would prefer Winder over him.

Anyone who watches WAFL, have any info on Jaren Carr.

Father son pick if we want him, and passed on midseason draft (maybe due to interest from us)

Walyalup (Fremantle) are one of a number of clubs interested in the son of former player Matthew Carr, but in a sensational move, the South Fremantle youngster isn’t going to nominate.

I mentioned Martin earlier, would be a great pickup if we can get him fit

It was Riley Beveridge though, not Cal Twomey, so the source is nowhere near as good

Martin (when fit) has been brilliant for Carlton, the issue is he is barely fit
A bit like Wham…Cal is George Michael and Riley is his school friend there to make up the numbers.

Last edited:
Jack Martin could be a useful half forward if he's free, both in terms of trade and injury.

Do we have enough list spots to take him?

I think I would prefer Winder over him.

Anyone who watches WAFL, have any info on Jaren Carr.

Father son pick if we want him, and passed on midseason draft (maybe due to interest from us)

Walyalup (Fremantle) are one of a number of clubs interested in the son of former player Matthew Carr, but in a sensational move, the South Fremantle youngster isn’t going to nominate.

Martin over Winder easily got me given he'd proven handy at AFL level. I'd also rather him over Emmett just quietly

Interesting that Twomey still mentioned us for Logan Mcdonald. Although he said he believes he will stay at Sydney till Free Agency.

St Kilda offering $750k+ for Stengle being turned down, I wonder if they are going to throw big money at Banfield - the next unrestricted free agent forward on the list.
Ainsworth surely is next before Banfield. They also have Battle to worry about, I can't see them getting a free agent if it impacts the Battle compo.

Can we please sign up Sturt and Banfield, starting to get nervous.

I think we should consider Isaac Cumming (UFA?) coming off the HBF. Better skills than Wagner and would allow Chappy to push to the wing.

Ainsworth surely is next before Banfield. They also have Battle to worry about, I can't see them getting a free agent if it impacts the Battle compo.

Reports were Lyon was meeting with Stengle, but burning a spare top five pick in compensation would be peak St Kilda

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure banners had a good relationship with Ross. He has a good one with Justin.

Only way we lose banners is if we low ball him

I wouldn't think money wise he would be asking what isn't fair, more to do with two or three years for security

I would see Sturt more as a flight risk
That was a joke about us losing Acres, by under paying him.

Banfield has earned a 2 year contract, on decent money. Happy to add an option for the 3rd.

That was a joke about us losing Acres, by under paying him.

Banfield has earned a 2 year contract, on decent money. Happy to add an option for the 3rd.
Banner is still in the bottom 5 players in our team. He try's hard and is a great human but lets not kid ourselves that he's suddenly deserves decent AFL money. We pay him as little as possible that keeps him on the list for 3 years. I'm very happy for a longer contract as I think we will be looking to upgrade him in the future and having depth is important, even better if they can't leave.

Banner is still in the bottom 5 players in our team. He try's hard and is a great human but lets not kid ourselves that he's suddenly deserves decent AFL money. We pay him as little as possible that keeps him on the list for 3 years. I'm very happy for a longer contract as I think we will be looking to upgrade him in the future and having depth is important, even better if they can't leave.
Doesn't deserve decent AFL money lol 😂 what's decent coin for you..

Seems like he should be happy to be paid peanuts and be happy just to be on the list

An exercise for those interested on player salaries..

In the list of AFL players ranked by salary, the guy right in the middle made around $400,000 last season.

So assuming all clubs are distributed along the salary range the same, half your playing group needs to be earning under that, by averages. Does Banfield sit in that upper half and if so, how far up that list he is?

An exercise for those interested on player salaries..

In the list of AFL players ranked by salary, the guy right in the middle made around $400,000 last season.

So assuming all clubs are distributed along the salary range the same, half your playing group needs to be earning under that, by averages. Does Banfield sit in that upper half and if so, how far up that list he is?
Think he’d be pretty close. (Moving forward).

$450k afl salary
$150k sustainability officer
$50k starlight ambassador.

Currently would probably be around the 300-350k mark

Back