Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

5 year rookie lists are being floated

Really hope these come in, would be awesome if they extended to cat b lists too

Edit: looks like a game limit on it though, does limit the help

For someone like Conrad Williams it might help assuming we keep him next year. I like his athleticism and skills but he’s just so slight. Tbh I do think there’s an AFL player there if we can have him stack on some kgs and have him get a little bit more of the ball. End of 2025 he probably needs to be at least a very good WAFL player for us to upgrade him. These rule changes means he can be kept on another year if he’s just short of that - if they bring them in immediately it wouldn’t hinder his chances of new contract next year either.

If they bring it in this year we might be able to keep Worner on the rookie list another year. I would assume five games in three years wouldn’t mean he’s above any limit. Would make it tough next year with Draper also needing to upgraded (would assume Draper has already played too many games tbh).

I reckon we’ll announce multiple re-signings in a week pretty soon. There’s been no action for a while.

There was that poster suggesting Wagner has re-signed too. Wouldn’t surprise me - it didn’t take us long to get him back involved when he returned from injury. Good sign he’s rated.

Voss is another one that is a no brainer.

Sturt has become a non brainer but that’s only really developed in the last month so it might take us a little bit longer to get him over the line. Not many players last on AFL lists playing as few games as he has - we’ve been loyal which hopefully counts for something.

I reckon we’ll announce multiple re-signings in a week pretty soon. There’s been no action for a while.

There was that poster suggesting Wagner has re-signed too. Wouldn’t surprise me - it didn’t take us long to get him back involved when he returned from injury. Good sign he’s rated.

Voss is another one that is a no brainer.

Sturt has become a non brainer but that’s only really developed in the last month so it might take us a little bit longer to get him over the line. Not many players last on AFL lists playing as few games as he has - we’ve been loyal which hopefully counts for something.
with all the other clubs signing a few this week, I feel the same way

If we do let Brodie go this year, we are going to need some more midfield depth from somewhere for cheap. We've had a really good run of injury but short of getting Warner or moving Simpson onball, our midfielders outside the best 22 (And with an even older Fyfe in the 22) becomes just Erasmus...

I'd honestly be pretty reticent to let him go unless we were paying him too much as it was

If we do let Brodie go this year, we are going to need some more midfield depth from somewhere for cheap. We've had a really good run of injury but short of getting Warner or moving Simpson onball, our midfielders outside the best 22 (And with an even older Fyfe in the 22) becomes just Erasmus...

I'd honestly be pretty reticent to let him go unless we were paying him too much as it was
saw his pic in the main training group, so I guess he is still being considered (but for what is the question)

saw his pic in the main training group, so I guess he is still being considered (but for what is the question)
I wouldnt have thought that means much, he's still behind everyone in the 22 AND Erasmus as it stands. I dont begrudge him if he requests a trade, or if we trade him but there has to be a plan for cheap mature depth if it does happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldnt have thought that means much, he's still behind everyone in the 22 AND Erasmus as it stands. I dont begrudge him if he requests a trade, or if we trade him but there has to be a plan for cheap mature depth if it does happen
That’s where wonder could come in. Can play a few roles if needed.

Dylan Shiel.
Jaeger could become that depth when Warner comes in.
Aish can play mid at a pinch and looks like being squeezed down to peel.

Jack Carroll is out of contract

Dylan Shiel.

Think Carroll will get a better offer.

JoM and Aish actually make a ton of sense. Noddy was also an inside mid as a junior IIRC. Probably enough there as you could even put Banners in there for a game or two we had heaps of injuries to mids or even Jackson.

JOM, Johnson, Erasmus, Noddy (if he survives), Aish

Pretty decent coverage imo

Even Emmett at a pinch, plays that role at Peel sometimes

Then if we wanted to switch it up with smaller players, swit, coops and Wagner can go in there (swit has at AFL, the others at Peel)

Then add Baker to that bottom list when he's here next year

We can definitely let him go if he has a suitor

We have 4 first round draft picks. Some will be used for outside mids.
Simpson as well is a fwd/mid.
Erasmus and Johnson can go inside well.

Winder is a dfa as well.

I'm not concerned about depth players outside our best 30 which imo Brodie is. I don't think he's even been emergency all year. It's not like we've had no injuries at all.

I think we'd be better off developing a new mid in the WAFL than have Brodie basically rotting there until his contract expires.

He's not just behind Erasmus. There's so many options within our best 22 that we've demonstrated we'd turn to first. I think once NOD is 100% fit there's a genuine outside mid that could walk into the role of Johnson and JOM do for if they're injured or go inside.

The following players haven't played for us this year: Ollie Murphy, Jack Delean, Odin Jones, Ethan Stanley, Sebit Kuek, Liam Reidy, Max Knobel, Conrad Williams, Nathan O'Driscoll, Josh Corbett and Will Brodie. There's eight players there with two games between them, two others that have been injured all year and then there's Will Brodie...

Dylan Shiel.

Eagles are apparently having a hard look at Carroll

Let him go as in delist or trade?

Surely there isn't a rival club chasing Brodie?

He's handy depth, our midfield have had a fantastic run of staying fit and hopefully it continues but if someone goes down we have Brodie.

I'm not concerned about depth players outside our best 30 which imo Brodie is. I don't think he's even been emergency all year. It's not like we've had no injuries at all.

I think we'd be better off developing a new mid in the WAFL than have Brodie basically rotting there until his contract expires.

He's not just behind Erasmus. There's so many options within our best 22 that we've demonstrated we'd turn to first. I think once NOD is 100% fit there's a genuine outside mid that could walk into the role of Johnson and JOM do for if they're injured or go inside.

The following players haven't played for us this year: Ollie Murphy, Jack Delean, Odin Jones, Ethan Stanley, Sebit Kuek, Liam Reidy, Max Knobel, Conrad Williams, Nathan O'Driscoll, Josh Corbett and Will Brodie. There's eight players there with two games between them, two others that have been injured all year and then there's Will Brodie...

If 2 of our mids are injured/suspended surely Brodie plays?

When McDonald, Cox and Pearce all played round 1 who would have guessed we'd win a game against top of the ladder a few months later with Draper and Davies as our key backs? You need depth.

Back