• Chad Warner

Votes: 177 66.3%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 17 6.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So yeah anyone still not sure that Shai might add something?
Bolton is a quality player who would improve our team, but I don't think tonights game was a major selling point for him. His first three goals were some of the cheapest goals you will see, primarily the result of the teamwork further up the ground. If we want to play that way, we can get Sturt or Frederick to play that role. His fourth goal was a good mark, although he did have the sit. After that he had some opportunities but sprayed them.

We need a crumber, not someone who can get out the back, or someone who can lead at the kicker when they have the 50 to themselves.

Bolton is a quality player who would improve our team, but I don't think tonights game was a major selling point for him. His first three goals were some of the cheapest goals you will see, primarily the result of the teamwork further up the ground. If we want to play that way, we can get Sturt or Frederick to play that role. His fourth goal was a good mark, although he did have the sit. After that he had some opportunities but sprayed them.

We need a crumber, not someone who can get out the back, or someone who can lead at the kicker when they have the 50 to themselves.
I want Bolton, think he'll be fantastic but he really he kicked 1.3 because, yeah, the first three made McDonalds goals look like hard work. He was good, but 4.3 is not an accurate reflection of his impact

Ruling out a player on one bad game is not a genuine recruiting strategy
Except that's not what I said. Which if I need to explain further is that he should have been essentially ruled out as a target before the game, and that performance would do nothing to change that and only confirm we should not be chasing him.

Except that's not what I said. Which if I need to explain further is that he should have been essentially ruled out as a target before the game, and that performance would do nothing to change that and only confirm we should not be chasing him.
Well he hasn't been ruled out at all

We have a 5 year deal on the table for him

The more time Young and Brayshaw spend forward, the more I want Warner. Do we really need an extra small forward if we have 1-2 of our midfielders rotating forward at all times? I don’t want Baker or Bolton.

We all want Warner

He'd be the line breaking mid that would mean Serong would have less attention placed on him with hard tags

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless we get Warner Dont use all 3 picks. Either move up this year or trade 1 to the first round next year. St Kilda's 2nd will be a good pick and having 4 picks in the top 30(ish) in one year will be tough considering the youth we already have

Unless we get Warner Dont use all 3 picks. Either move up this year or trade 1 to the first round next year. St Kilda's 2nd will be a good pick and having 4 picks in the top 30(ish) in one year will be tough considering the youth we already have
We could try flip saints 2nd and our F2 into an F1, worked last year atleast

The more time Young and Brayshaw spend forward, the more I want Warner. Do we really need an extra small forward if we have 1-2 of our midfielders rotating forward at all times? I don’t want Baker or Bolton.
I agree about Baker but the club doesn't see it that way unfortunately. Idk where we are going to stick him.

When was the last time we had a small forward kick 4.3 or more?

I checked, Shoota did it against a basketcase West Coast last year (5 goals), before that it was Walters with 6 in 2019

Shai would be a pretty flipping handy addition
100% i think he'd fitd better then warner, would love both. but think bolton is better forward

Last edited:
Our forward line is looking pretty much complete. We've been resting midfielders forward more and it has been very productive.

KPF: Amiss, Treacy, Jackson, (Voss)

Medium Forwards: Sturt, Banfield (Emmett)

Small Forwards: Frederick, Switkowski, Walters (Simpson, Delean)

The only vacancy I see is coming from Walters retirement some time, or from a positional move such as Frederick to the wing. Fast track Simpson and hit the draft is what I want.

Rather than overpaying for a player like Zurhar (statistically on a par with Banfield this season) I think the better value comes from transition players. Going hard at Warner is a no brainer. Draft a wing/HBF type.

Warner and Young rotating forward is the best strategy for improving our goal scoring.

I think we need to splash some cash on Josh Treacy. Other clubs will be circling if they aren’t already.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He recieved a big contract extension last year but yeah with we added a few more years on at his previous going rate

I’m not Shai’s biggest fan, but If he said he wanted to come and Richmond were open to it you’d have to have a crack.

Hardest thing is the money he’s on, can’t see how we would fit Bolton and Warner and I doubt he would take a pay cut either

Our forward line is looking pretty much complete. We've been resting midfielders forward more and it has been very productive.

KPF: Amiss, Treacy, Jackson, (Voss)

Medium Forwards: Sturt, Banfield (Emmett)

Small Forwards: Frederick, Switkowski, Walters (Simpson, Delean)

The only vacancy I see is coming from Walters retirement some time, or from a positional move such as Frederick to the wing. Fast track Simpson and hit the draft is what I want.

Rather than overpaying for a player like Zurhar (statistically on a par with Banfield this season) I think the better value comes from transition players. Going hard at Warner is a no brainer. Draft a wing/HBF type.

Warner and Young rotating forward is the best strategy for improving our goal scoring.

Kako and Berry would compliment the rest nicely. Plus some outside class for midfield
Sign Sturt, Brayshaw,Treacy.

Chase Warner

Well he hasn't been ruled out at all

We have a 5 year deal on the table for him

If we had a big deal, I think it would have been pulled as we realise it severely hampers our ability to get Warner and also to renegotiate Treacy's contract. Or it would be a modest contract just out of interest, but never seriously going to happen ... i.e. if we could get Baker for $500k and a 2nd rounder as a role player, then we'd be OK with it.

A lot of the media narrative is being led by Jon Ralph who is a massive Tigers supporter and tries to pump everything up in their favour.

From what I can gather, Baker has met with WC and doesn't even want to come here. Please let that be true.

He's a midget role player who can only really replace several players from the team last night in Walters, Switta, Wagner, maybe Aish. Debatable how much upside he would even provide.

I'm not sure he is a small forward replacement for Walters, as he has never been proven there. Drafting Kako and/or getting Motlop/Collard back might be better. Switta is much faster. Aish is a similar level player to Baker, but is a bit taller and stronger. Wagner would be the one, but Wagner brings something different with his extra speed, and might also be replaced by Walker. And Walker brings attributes (height, speed, lockdown on gun small forwards) that Baker can not.

I checked, Shoota did it against a basketcase West Coast last year (5 goals), before that it was Walters with 6 in 2019

Spot on, and Schultz got an awful lot of out the back goals courtesy of others.
Shai is better than Shoota by a fair bit imo

Sturt kicked 3 last week, Young 3 the week before playing as a forward. Walters kicked 2 in half a game last night.

I'm not overly impressed with his Joe the Goose goals. I am with his talent though. He's clearly an offensive weapon.

I just think he's a poor fit.

Putting aside all the work we've done to clean up our culture (Bolton off-field is a well documented disaster zone), he had 0 score involvements, 2 tackles and gave his teammate a spray for taking a mark inside 50.

If JL wants a team-first, team-defense team (which, clearly he does) Bolton is possibly the worst player you would target.

Back