• Chad Warner

Votes: 178 66.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 18 6.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard on good authority that Chad is very keen to pull on the Purple jumper asap. Obviously the main stumbling block will be Sydney’s reluctance to trade contracted players.
We may not get him this year but looks like the mob up the road won’t get a look in next year, we’ll be in the box seat.
#Chadl#Chadlocknt from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have heard on good authority that Chad is very keen to pull on the Purple jumper asap. Obviously the main stumbling block will be Sydney’s reluctance to trade contracted players.
We may not get him this year but looks like the mob up the road won’t get a look in next year, we’ll be in the box seat.
#Chadl#Chadlocknt from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Youtube Corrida GIF

I think also at this stage, our own success is going to hurt us. You probably don't want to give another contender one of your best players if he's contracted...
I think Schultz was contracted. Generally, if a players asks to leave - he's gone.

Spot on, and Schultz got an awful lot of out the back goals courtesy of others.
Shai is better than Shoota by a fair bit imo

Shoota has had a rubbish year according to most metrics. He’s 0.2 of a goal behind Bolton. Yes Bolton gets more possessions but we don’t need possessions…and admittedly in a worse side
Warner gets the same amount of goals playing 70/30 midfield.

All this talk about Baker, and I’ve largely been supporting it.

Hes gone off the boil a little.

I wonder whether we’d be interested in going another way?

Isaac Cumming would be freef charge, only 25, would complement Clark, Wagner and perhaps free Chapman to the wing

I think we need to splash some cash on Josh Treacy. Other clubs will be circling if they aren’t already.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Would prefer to give that Baker money to Treacy and Andy, the rest for Warner. If we lose Treacy our premiership run is over. His signature is not to be taken lightly. Think about how much coin Baker will demand and how much he would actually elevate the team. Not worth the risk imo.

Last edited:
All this talk about Baker, and I’ve largely been supporting it.

Hes gone off the boil a little.

I wonder whether we’d be interested in going another way?

Isaac Cumming would be freef charge, only 25, would complement Clark, Wagner and perhaps free Chapman to the wing

I wonder if you add one small forwards to our team plus a walters replacement, and push Frederick, Switta, Banfield a bit higher up the ground how much space do we have for players like Cummings.

Do you take him on 600k for 4 years, if he only replaces Banfield in the best 22?

Is that enough of an upgrade to justify the cost in salary cap space?

Would prefer to give that Baker money to Treacy and Andy, the rest for Warner. If we lose Treacy our premiership run is over. His signature is not to be taken lightly. Think about how much coin Baker will demand and how much he would he actually elevate the team. Not worth the risk imo.
I think Treacy seems the type to take less to stay with us. Loyal and loves the club. Doesn't mean I don't want him signed up until 2040 though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on, and Schultz got an awful lot of out the back goals courtesy of others.
Shai is better than Shoota by a fair bit imo
Agreed he is easily better than Shoota. Thoroughbred vs draft horse.

Shai is a great icing on the cake player. Opponents would always be nervous of him getting off the leash.
That said I don’t really want to pay squillions for him.

If you are going to pay squillions get Chad.

Bolton is a quality player who would improve our team, but I don't think tonights game was a major selling point for him. His first three goals were some of the cheapest goals you will see, primarily the result of the teamwork further up the ground. If we want to play that way, we can get Sturt or Frederick to play that role. His fourth goal was a good mark, although he did have the sit. After that he had some opportunities but sprayed them.

We need a crumber, not someone who can get out the back, or someone who can lead at the kicker when they have the 50 to themselves.

Fair enough. Seems like some are over rating but some are under rating Boltons game and i mean more than just last night.

I still think what we have lacked since maybe 2014 prime Ballas and Walters best goal kicking season is a player that has ridiculous goal kicking sense. Otherwise we have been super vanilla for years.

He'd give us a point of difference in the forward line but we shouldn't sell the farm for him.

I'd prefer to pick up Zurhaar for cheap than get Bolton though. It'd even be interesting if we take our first round picks to be honest or traded up for a gun in the top 5 or 10.

We have a ridiculous amount of options given our list and draft hand.

I think Treacy seems the type to take less to stay with us. Loyal and loves the club. Doesn't mean I don't want him signed up until 2040 though.

Give Logan McDonalds cash and contract length to Treacy. No stuffing around.

Players like McGovern at the Eagles were likely never likely to leave but still got paid very well with a $1 Hungry Jacks store thrown in to boot.

If Treacy was playing in another team and we had a chance to trade for him what would we give?

Give Logan McDonalds cash and contract length to Treacy. No stuffing around.

Players like McGovern at the Eagles were likely never likely to leave but still got paid very well with a $1 Hungry Jacks store thrown in to boot.

If Treacy was playing in another team and we had a chance to trade for him what would we give?
100%. The way he's played this year we have him at a bargain for his current contract. In 2 years time he might be the best key forward in the league if he keeps this trajectory.

I think we need to splash some cash on Josh Treacy. Other clubs will be circling if they aren’t already.

Treacy will indeed be hot property after his breakout season in 2024. Hopefully we have been astute enough to realise what a good player he is and have plans in hand to ensure he stays a Docker for life.

100%. The way he's played this year we have him at a bargain for his current contract. In 2 years time he might be the best key forward in the league if he keeps this trajectory.
If it were me, I’d be offering exactly the same deal Amiss is on, that way neither will be upset by the others deal and we’d lock them both away long term.

We're doomed to get crap picks for upwards of a decade.

I'd prefer to take the current 3 first round picks to the draft, get key players that we can leisurely develop for 4-5 years and plan for inevitable debilitating injuries so we can maintain a decade of dominance! We can splash the cash to get uncontracted players and you'd think we've front loaded existing contracts for a few years, there should be free salary at this point in time.

You'd think that this band of brothers might collectively ease up on salary demands to stay together - and buy in missing puzzle pieces from outside, for what will be an extended chance at glory (something few clubs can offer). I'd think that any player exits are going to be outliers, it would be for family not financial reasons.

We're doomed to get crap picks for upwards of a decade.

I'd prefer to take the current 3 first round picks to the draft, get key players that we can leisurely develop for 4-5 years and plan for inevitable debilitating injuries so we can maintain a decade of dominance! We can splash the cash to get uncontracted players and you'd think we've front loaded existing contracts for a few years, there should be free salary at this point in time.

You'd think that this band of brothers might collectively ease up on salary demands to stay together - and buy in missing puzzle pieces from outside, for what will be an extended chance at glory (something few clubs can offer). I'd think that any player exits are going to be outliers, it would be for family not financial reasons.
We've hit the draft for 5 years though, time to cash in.

Would prefer to give that Baker money to Treacy and Andy, the rest for Warner. If we lose Treacy our premiership run is over. His signature is not to be taken lightly. Think about how much coin Baker will demand and how much he would he actually elevate the team. Not worth the risk imo.

I will honestly spew if we get baker. I can’t stand the guy. He will 100% suit west coast. Let them overpay for a B grader. I honestly think Switta is better.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we don’t get Chad or Bolton this year I’d be pushing as much of this year’s draft capital as I could into next year.
If we’re astute enough, each year we push a pick forward it should come with a hefty upgrade.
Unless we draft one of the few positions of need right now (small forward) any other draft pick we get now is going to be sitting at Peel for years (i.e Erasmus as an inside midfielder). We’ll end up losing them for peanuts if we don’t play them.
I honestly believe that now we have a wealth of young talent we really should focus on;
-Trading for a top 10 quality player (who will then push one of our bottom ranked players into depth category).
-Drafting for deficiencies only
- Push all other unneeded picks forward for a future war chest to achieve the above two goals.
Great position to be in !!

Back