• Chad Warner

Votes: 178 65.9%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 19 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with the general sentiment that whatever Baker assets are better spent elsewhere. Mostly on keeping Treacy.

He would like a lot better playing for us compared to the Tigers (Bolton doubly so), but Treacy has probably doubled his next contract at least.
Baker would actually be a perfect replacement for JOM playing that half-forward role but JOM probably has another year left in him. Just bad timing for us.

Baker would actually be a perfect replacement for JOM playing that half-forward role but JOM probably has another year left in him. Just bad timing for us.
Yeah I'd rather just try and squeeze a couple more out of JoM and hope a draftee comes on. Given JoM does a bunch of wing work, even Noddy is still some chance.

I just think getting someone like Baker could cost us someone better in the future.

Yeah I'd rather just try and squeeze a couple more out of JoM and hope a draftee comes on. Given JoM does a bunch of wing work, even Noddy is still some chance.

I just think getting someone like Baker could cost us someone better in the future.
Im the same!! I just don't see the need anymore to splurge out money and picks on Baker when others like omeara can do it

Well you better get the bucket ready then...

I think I have seen a few posts from you suggesting you have inside knowledge Baker is a done deal. But I'm sorry, I simply don't believe it. It doesn't make sense for either WA club to chase him hard. For a modest salary (e.g. 500k) and draft pick (2nd rounder) ... then Freo might be interested. But for the money that Richmond could pay him, I would expect him to stay there unless WC come to the party.

Not sure what 4 letter word you retracted there, and I have spent waaaay too much time trying to figure it out.
the word was 'blow'

Tell Oh My GIF by Robert E Blackmon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was a good fit for us if we played him as a high forward who could link up play but we have Switta and Young now roting throughthat role so I don't think he feels a need on our list.

If there was any truth to the rumour that Switta might want to go home then Baker would be a great replacement for him but It’s hard to see where he would fit exactly if Switta is staying

This is what I’d like our priorities to be.

1. all out for Warner if he wants in. Use the picks we need to, don’t let the deal fall over to next year.
2. If Warner said no, go for Shai. Same as above.
3. No trades that aren’t walking in a top 10 player for us.
4. If neither of the above want in, and there’s no top 10 players want in, go to the draft. Get savvy and trade one of our picks into next years draft and hope for a team to slide.

Even if we use all our picks this year, we'd still have our own 1st and future 1st to trade with next year.

And if Freo have the out of contract player nominating them, Sydney can only get what we have to offer.

There's no facility to buy a top five/ten pick if we don't have one.

Yeah, what we have this year could be better than anything we hold in the future.
We've had success in letting contracted players go a year early, and maximizing value.

Fingers crossed the Swans think the same.

If we ever need a big argument then we could quantify the equity in the squad. Current trade value of every player. Some will be high, some will be negative.

Ie. Andrew Brayshaw, contracted for 2025. Vice Captain. One top five pick plus one later first rounder.

Hayden Young, contracted until 2027. Two top five picks plus one later first rounder.

Unfortunately the AFL is bringing in picks 2 years in the future

So we will have 2025, 2026 and 2027 first rounders to trade at the end of 2025

Unless the club just flat out says we won't trade future future picks, which may be a thing some clubs do?

Back