List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is. But we are talking about 2 insanely good players. Sydney would want 3 firsts for Warner and Richmond at least 2 with one being top 10
Whoever takes 3 firsts would likely have to give a 2nd back (has a player ever been traded for 3 firsts with nothing back in the history of footy?)

Then 24 and the 2nd we get back can go to another club chasing points for a first (Brissy, Carlton?)

Makes us have 2 firsts for the other player

Pick slides can then be incorporated to balance

This is ignoring whoever is gonna be our surprise trade out this year too

It's funny you mention this because from I've been told:
  • The club believes we have picks to get both Warner and Bolton this year. We don't expect Sydney to release Warner this trade period but we'll give it a go, unlikely it will happen this year. Move on to 2025.
$100 bucks (to charity) says this isn't happening unless we lose a big time player. People are kidding themselves if they believe we can afford both.

$100 bucks (to charity) says this isn't happening unless we lose a big time player. People are kidding themselves if they believe we can afford both.
Please don’t put that out into the universe.

We had money put aside for LMac, and then guys like Schultz and Henry im sure we would’ve budgeted a bit in for them. Surely that’s where it’s coming from. I hope.

I don’t think I can handle losing another player.

Assuming we didn't have to lose anyone (of note) to do it, getting Bolton and Warner in successive years would be borderline unfair for everyone else.
we're building a premiership squad and the rest of the comp are going to pay for it

I was going to post a couple of weeks ago but didn't have the heart to disappoint Freogirl about the prospects regarding Bolton.
I have zero influence and we all have strong opinions. We are all merely tyre kicking and speculating about contracted players. Unlike the Kelly trade, we have plenty of options compared to what West Coast achieved/didn't achieve.

I really hope we're presenting a strong case to Darcy Jones. Looks like exactly what we need. 2 years to go on his contract through, so might be hard to get GWS to release him.
Couldn’t agree more.
prefer him to bolten in terms of list balance/cost and application.

I mean if we going after likes Motlop , collard for that small fwd position then jones is easily the best option there and should 💯 be in the same conversation

Hate to be a downer, but Warner is unlikely be an option. Bolton will be if we satisfy him $$ wise.

I trust my source, however im sure others here have legitimate sources as well who have heard differently.

Hate to be a downer, but Warner is unlikely be an option. Bolton will be if we satisfy him $$ wise.

I trust my source, however im sure others here have legitimate sources as well who have heard differently.
Realistically, why would Warner want to leave Sydney now that McDonald has signed and the team is doing so well, but we can dream?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah there wasn't anything about if they were coming just that we are hunting and have the draft capital to make it happen.

Either way we are very proactive in building the strongest squad we can.

He still has a contract with a club that is doing well. He would be focussed on finals and giving 110% to Sydney's cause. He has no pressure to leave, other than he is being heavily courted by Freo.

And that his family are from Perth and do are a lot of his mates.

Yeah, almost always, if something sounds too good to be to true, it would be. Even getting one this year and one next would surely be easier. I dont see how we dont lose AT LEAST one best 22 player to get both really. It might be "only" someone like Switta or Sturt but there's just no way.

Yeah, almost always, if something sounds too good to be to true, it would be. Even getting one this year and one next would surely be easier. I dont see how we dont lose AT LEAST one best 22 player to get both really. It might be "only" someone like Switta or Sturt but there's just no way.
I mean who wouldn’t trade Sturt if it meant getting both of those guys?

Maybe, just maybe there would be some hope for both without losing a player, if and only if both Pies and Port miss the 8. Then maybe Tigers take both and pay a decent amount of his contract, you trade the last one into next year and Warner just wants to play with mates so comes to us on a "reasonable" deal.

Really though, getting Jackson, Warner and Bolton over 4 years just feels insane though I love that we clearly wont die wondering and are incredibly well placed.

Yep, there’s something a lot sexier about picks inside 10 than in the teens. All eyes on the Death Ride.

The word going around that Bolton recently (as in last 12 months) asked for a trade to us is legit right?

If so, assuming Warner stays at Syd for 25 - I can’t see how a deal for Bolton doesn’t get done this year? We’ll be paying overs, and they need picks before Tassie join.

In all seriousness though, the more I think about it the less I want Bolton to come here. At he's best and on paper he seems like the perfect player for our list, but I get the vibe that everything he does is for himself. Even just watching him the other day, burnt a few teammates on multiple occassions to try and get his 5th.

He's got his flags now, so money would be the key motivator in him coming over. Seems to me like he'd come here for the same reason Lobb did, to make some cash and then leave when it suits. Even more so that he has a young family and his partner is from Vic.

With 4 years on his contract Rich are gonna ask a lot for him, and I don't know its worth it taking on his massive salary and spending all our capital on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back