• Chad Warner

Votes: 195 59.3%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 64 19.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think the club loses having him basically coach Peel next year, I have no problems with the contract but I do have a problem if he keeps getting picked because it is very very obvious he's unfortunately done at the level. I also think it's pretty obvious Sonny still has a lot of confidence in himself given his goal celebrations and that must be a very very difficult conversation with the dude

Fair dinkum clubs have their Fyfe and Walters types on rolling one year deals

Now we will probably be de-listing players we would rather keep just to pander to our former champs

Weak

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fair dinkum clubs have their Fyfe and Walters types on rolling one year deals

Now we will probably be de-listing players we would rather keep just to pander to our former champs

Weak

They would be getting 1 year deals at the end of the year anyway mate

They've played every game they're available for

Not to mention the massive pay cut by spreading it over 2.

The mode for continued success is the Cats who use the draft from time to time but find and source free agents and trades as a key aim
In theory yes. But the first step is the players actually wanting to come to Freo. Without that there's no point talking about free agents and trading. It's not as easy as 'just trade in players and get free agents' like it is for Geelong and other VIC clubs for us. And on top of that of the free agents and players we have traded in who has actually worked out for us and been good?

Even now with West Coast looking like being in the bottom 4 for the next 5 years Liam Baker is still choosing them over us. I'm all for getting in quality players through trades and free agency but we don't have that option. Historically guys who want to come here are out of favour at current club or on the decline or have off field issues and want to come home to get on the grog and gear with their mates.

So unless we can actually get top tier players trading these picks I think we just let Walls do his thing and load up in the draft. If we are going where we think we are from 25 onwards we won't see a draft hand like this for a long time.

That’s what I’m saying , if we go to the draft this year we will have to boot players that we probably would like to keep

After 12 - 15 yrs at a club your last few should be giving back not doing me me me handsigns to the crowd after a getting on the end of a Joe the ****ing goose

Giving yourself no options for what reason ?

Dumb , weak take your pick

Almost 0% chance we use 4 draft picks this year. The mode for continued success is the Cats who use the draft from time to time but find and source free agents and trades as a key aim. We have the core nucleus of our team from the last 4 - 5 drafts and we may draft another 1 or 2 but why draft another 4 when we are going to have Sturt, Brodie, Davies, McDonald, Simpson, Worner, Wagner, O'Driscoll, Delean, Voss, Knobel, Reidy, Murphy, etc. all siting stuck at Peel trying to get a game.
Aside from Brodie none of those players were top 10 picks. Not talking about bringing in a bunch of project players we are talking about potential A graders in what is supposed to be a strong draft this year. The idea is to get in more top liners to push guys in our bottom 6 out of the side.

AFL just changed the NGA rules. Kako and Champion etc can be matched by their clubs anywhere in the draft

Thrilled they changed the rules for us to miss out on Motlop then changed it back to how it was before. This competition I swear...

That's seriously ****ed

Do Freo get compensation for being ****ed over with the Motlop draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL just changed the NGA rules. Kako and Champion etc can be matched by their clubs anywhere in the draft

Thrilled they changed the rules for us to miss out on Motlop then changed it back to how it was before. This competition I swear...

Bad news for us this year, terrific news for us next year. Fwiw, Kako's a Vic Metro kid: despite him being an ideal recruit for us, the chances he would've been a career Docker had we drafted him is pretty low.

Bad news for us this year, terrific news for us next year. Fwiw, Kako's a Vic Metro kid: despite him being an ideal recruit for us, the chances he would've been a career Docker had we drafted him is pretty low.

True, but the fact that the AFL changes the rules every year can penalise clubs more than others. I don't know why Freo don't ask for compensation. That is simply bullshit.

No doubt they'll change it again before next years draft if we have a couple of good NGA players coming through.

We do have a few in a couple of years time.

I'm very good mates with a family whose daughter is dating one of the NGAs I won't say his name but he's looking to be a quality small forward in 3 years time.

The other will be in 4 years time. Sure he wants to head to Melbourne to play for Collingwood or Carlton but his family would be happy for him to stay in WA. He will be a big bodied hbf that could easily go top 40. He's an absolute beast for his age.

We do have a few in a couple of years time.

I'm very good mates with a family whose daughter is dating one of the NGAs I won't say his name but he's looking to be a quality small forward in 3 years time.

The other will be in 4 years time. Sure he wants to head to Melbourne to play for Collingwood or Carlton but his family would be happy for him to stay in WA. He will be a big bodied hbf that could easily go top 40. He's an absolute beast for his age.
As long as they aren't big into fashion sounds good for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back