• Chad Warner

Votes: 195 59.3%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 64 19.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They have to bring in some points changes this year or the draft becomes new levels of ****ed. No one is actually disadvantaged if they make the top end more expensive this year rather than wait.
Teams just shouldn't get freebies. Having access to NGA and northern academies is fine if they pay fair value. But being able to trade away high picks into the future and still get 4 top 30 players like GC did last year is a joke.

They have to bring in some points changes this year or the draft becomes new levels of ****ed. No one is actually disadvantaged if they make the top end more expensive this year rather than wait.
Needs to be that you have to use a pick in the same round AND match the points, plus make it that picks after 40 = 0 points.

Needs to be that you have to use a pick in the same round AND match the points, plus make it that picks after 40 = 0 points.

Teams just shouldn't get freebies. Having access to NGA and northern academies is fine if they pay fair value. But being able to trade away high picks into the future and still get 4 top 30 players like GC did last year is a joke.
Yeah, I might be naive but it sounds like the points will be fixed enough to make it less of an issue but my main concern at the moment is making these NGA changes this year then not making ANY points changes because clubs AFL darlings complain enough to stop it happening.

Removing points from late picks thisnyeat is unfair to Richmond in particular but this year at least must make the top 20 more expensive to make it fairer.

Not sure why people are complaining, Freo have been very vocal about wanting this to be reverted.

The sooner its reverted the better, especially as we are likely trading out of 2025 and 2026 first round, any players that we can bundle points up for will be bloody brilliant.
Freo & west coast were probably the 2 clubs pushing for it to come back the most,
Don’t think it has much VFL in it at all
Timing of it is sad though. Clubs most affected seem to have been Adelaide, Freo, Melbourne and St Kilda...

No Richmond, Essendon, Pies or Carlton affected by the three year change...

Timing of it is sad though. Clubs most affected seem to have been Adelaide, Freo, Melbourne and St Kilda...

Agree but at end of day could have drafted Motlop & Edwards if Freo truly wanted them.

Great for future Freo invest a lot in the NGA at least now they should get the benefits

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North too, lost Sanders last year

We certainly weren't the worst affected, we also were one of the few teams to get a good pick in before the change (even tho he left us)

Is there a world where Freddie could eventually play in the midfield? Has great burst speed and is one of our better users by foot. If he got it 25 times a game he'd be lethal.

Eh I don't think those guys are really on the same level.

Walters is cooked unfortunately. Definitely needs to be dropped.

JOM is playing a role and he's doing fine at it now, but I'm sure one of our WAFL guys could step up and play that role instead. Us bringing him accross just feels like it's stifling the development of some of our younger players.

Fyfe I actually think still gets a lot of unfair criticism for the role he plays. Has had multiple games his year where he's been one of our best, and even vs Richmond and Suns (I think) it was noticeable how important having his big body in and around stoppages was. You can make the argument for Brodie back or Erasmus, but neither of them are bringing the same impact that Fyfe brings to us this year.

Fyfe is now so bad with the football I genuinley feel sorry for him. I'm relieved when he hits a target ot even just kicks it long. His decision making and skills execution has just fallen off a cliff. His confidence is shattered.

He also can't tackle. He doesn't have the agility, cardio, or trust in his body anymore. The amount of times he gives away a free for a high tackle when it's a simple tackle opportunity is so frustrating.

I just don't see what he offers anymore. This talk about a "big body" is really strange to me. What does he offer. He's terrible with the ball, struggles to get the ball, can't spread offensively or defensively and can't even tackle when someone runs in to him.

I have been a bit of a hater of Brodies at fremantle. I think his kicking skills are poor and his defensive work rate even worse. But his kicking and decision making are MILES ahead of Fyfe. Iv reached a point that I don't even care that Brodie got a contract and downed tools. He is just a far better option now than current Fyfe.

Erasmus has been terrible at AFL level and because his kicking is so poor he really needs to play inside mid, and I don't think he's good enough to play there for the senior team yet. However I would still rather trial Erasmus there then Fyfe right now.

Actually I qould rather play Aish*, Johnson or Jaeger more inside mid time than Fyfe.

Don't get me wrong I absoloutly love Fyfe. Prime Fyfe was better than Dusty and Danger imo. I love how loyal he has been to freo. I'm not one for sentimental picks but if we did make the GF I still would like to see him as sub. But the man is cooked. If he doesn't want to try and find some confidence for Peel then he needs to retire.

As much as Walters has lost all of his athletic ability, at least he is smart and when the ball falls in to his lap he normally does something good with it. When the ball falls in Fyfes lap it's panic stations. Both are finished but I would actually prefer to see Walters playing or as sub than Fyfe.

Yep he was, if he slid out of 40 then they could get him, if we had these rules now then they could have taken him

I don't think the AFL would have let him join their academy in the last month of the year if they could actually pick him

Fyfe is now so bad with the football I genuinley feel sorry for him. I'm relieved when he hits a target ot even just kicks it long. His decision making and skills execution has just fallen off a cliff. His confidence is shattered.

He also can't tackle. He doesn't have the agility, cardio, or trust in his body anymore. The amount of times he gives away a free for a high tackle when it's a simple tackle opportunity is so frustrating.

I just don't see what he offers anymore. This talk about a "big body" is really strange to me. What does he offer. He's terrible with the ball, struggles to get the ball, can't spread offensively or defensively and can't even tackle when someone runs in to him.

I have been a bit of a hater of Brodies at fremantle. I think his kicking skills are poor and his defensive work rate even worse. But his kicking and decision making are MILES ahead of Fyfe. Iv reached a point that I don't even care that Brodie got a contract and downed tools. He is just a far better option now than current Fyfe.

Erasmus has been terrible at AFL level and because his kicking is so poor he really needs to play inside mid, and I don't think he's good enough to play there for the senior team yet. However I would still rather trial Erasmus there then Fyfe right now.

Actually I qould rather play Aish*, Johnson or Jaeger more inside mid time than Fyfe.

Don't get me wrong I absoloutly love Fyfe. Prime Fyfe was better than Dusty and Danger imo. I love how loyal he has been to freo. I'm not one for sentimental picks but if we did make the GF I still would like to see him as sub. But the man is cooked. If he doesn't want to try and find some confidence for Peel then he needs to retire.

As much as Walters has lost all of his athletic ability, at least he is smart and when the ball falls in to his lap he normally does something good with it. When the ball falls in Fyfes lap it's panic stations. Both are finished but I would actually prefer to see Walters playing or as sub than Fyfe.
I think Sonny is more cooked though it's a sad conversation to be having. Father time is undefeated

Agree but at end of day could have drafted Motlop & Edwards if Freo truly wanted them.

Great for future Freo invest a lot in the NGA at least now they should get the benefits
Melbourne the biggest losers. Mac Andrew was in there NGA
I don't think we wanted Edwards all that much. Motlop seems to be the one that got away.

Also, Melbourne may have lost the best player, but I still think we got shafted the most, considering Motlop went to Carlton under a rule that literally only affected him and no other NGA product that year. Would hurt a bit less if he went in the top 20 before anyone could match.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back