• Chad Warner

Votes: 195 59.3%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 64 19.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Sonny is more cooked though it's a sad conversation to be having. Father time is undefeated
I think the club, and those two players, have some thinking to do in the off-season. Would Walters get a new one-year contract if he wasn’t already signed for 2025?

Toby Whan is a name I suspect we'll see a lot of next year
Yeah, everyone is complaining at the moment but if we play everything right and Whan and Hart develop to expectations we could make an absolute killing bringing in Warner and two top 20ish talents. The change is good for Freo, we were just shafted along with other "minnows"

Aside from Brodie none of those players were top 10 picks. Not talking about bringing in a bunch of project players we are talking about potential A graders in what is supposed to be a strong draft this year. The idea is to get in more top liners to push guys in our bottom 6 out of the side.
But how many years out of our 30 year history have we had high draft picks and still nothing to show for it?

Fyfe is now so bad with the football I genuinley feel sorry for him. I'm relieved when he hits a target ot even just kicks it long. His decision making and skills execution has just fallen off a cliff. His confidence is shattered.

He also can't tackle. He doesn't have the agility, cardio, or trust in his body anymore. The amount of times he gives away a free for a high tackle when it's a simple tackle opportunity is so frustrating.

I just don't see what he offers anymore. This talk about a "big body" is really strange to me. What does he offer. He's terrible with the ball, struggles to get the ball, can't spread offensively or defensively and can't even tackle when someone runs in to him.

I have been a bit of a hater of Brodies at fremantle. I think his kicking skills are poor and his defensive work rate even worse. But his kicking and decision making are MILES ahead of Fyfe. Iv reached a point that I don't even care that Brodie got a contract and downed tools. He is just a far better option now than current Fyfe.

Erasmus has been terrible at AFL level and because his kicking is so poor he really needs to play inside mid, and I don't think he's good enough to play there for the senior team yet. However I would still rather trial Erasmus there then Fyfe right now.

Actually I qould rather play Aish*, Johnson or Jaeger more inside mid time than Fyfe.

Don't get me wrong I absoloutly love Fyfe. Prime Fyfe was better than Dusty and Danger imo. I love how loyal he has been to freo. I'm not one for sentimental picks but if we did make the GF I still would like to see him as sub. But the man is cooked. If he doesn't want to try and find some confidence for Peel then he needs to retire.

As much as Walters has lost all of his athletic ability, at least he is smart and when the ball falls in to his lap he normally does something good with it. When the ball falls in Fyfes lap it's panic stations. Both are finished but I would actually prefer to see Walters playing or as sub than Fyfe.
So Fyfe has had nothing to do with the fact that we are the like the second rated team for stoppages and centre clearances?

Is there a world where Freddie could eventually play in the midfield? Has great burst speed and is one of our better users by foot. If he got it 25 times a game he'd be lethal.
No.
Don’t really know where to start.
Too small. No defensive element. Not super clean.

I mean can you name one passage of play off the top of your head where he has done something in traffic?

He needs space.

Yeah I guess I take back my comment considering they wasted their pick on Chesser anyway
Hard Ball Gets had a disgusted Eagles supporter email in their recent efforts at trading and drafting what could have been.
Kelly for two firsts - Warner and Holmes
Chesser - One of literally the next 7 names (Aleer, Wilmot, Brown, Sheldrick, Van Rooyen, Lohman, Johnson)
Sheezel/Wardlaw - Ginbey and Hewett
Missing Humphries

Twas pretty funny

Hard Ball Gets had a disgusted Eagles supporter email in their recent efforts at trading and drafting what could have been.
Kelly for two firsts - Warner and Holmes
Chesser - One of literally the next 7 names (Aleer, Wilmot, Brown, Sheldrick, Van Rooyen, Lohman, Johnson)
Sheezel/Wardlaw - Ginbey and Hewett
Missing Humphries

Twas pretty funny

Warner was taken in the 30s.

Also the reaction when Geelong took Holmes was - “Who the **** is this guy”.

No one knew who Humphries was a month ago.

Sure they’ve made some laughable decisions (Chesser being one) but there’s so much hindsight with a lot of those calls.

**** Champion is an Eagles NGA so we can't land him ffs. I'm really happy with Draper and Walker, but I feel like the Eagle's NGA have been elite at identifying developing talent over the past few years. They've just lost them all to Vic clubs.

Warner was taken in the 30s.

Also the reaction when Geelong took Holmes was - “Who the **** is this guy”.

No one knew who Humphries was a month ago.

Sure they’ve made some laughable decisions (Chesser being one) but there’s so much hindsight with a lot of those calls.
Sure, but results are what they are judged on and a judging we shall do. Because of where their list is at, it's just get in talent, so not saving graces for "too many of this type" etc etc and they get ridicule for not knowing where their list is/was at making the Kelly trade. They have lots of people paid lots of money to make decisions so we can hindsight hero them when they are bad decisions.

Eagles bad at job, therefore, I shall judge and laugh until they turn things around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost them "all"? Who else apart from Collard have they lost?
  • Neil Erasmus (LOL)
  • Arthur Jones (Western Bulldogs)
  • Sebit Kuek (LOL)
  • Sydney Stack (Richmond)
  • Lance Collard (St Kilda)
  • Robert Hansen Jnr (North Melbourne)
  • Lawson Humphries (Geelong)

• Neil Erasmus (LOL)
  • Sebit Kuek (LOL)
They chose not to draft Kuek, Hansen and Humphries and Jones was taken at pick 43 so I'm pretty sure they passed on a bid for him

• Neil Erasmus (LOL)
  • Sebit Kuek (LOL)
They didn’t really lose them no? Ras wasn’t even in their academy, plenty of others they passed on very late when they still had the chance.

Deathly are you secretly Owen Wilson?
owen wilson wow GIF

Yeah, everyone is complaining at the moment but if we play everything right and Whan and Hart develop to expectations we could make an absolute killing bringing in Warner and two top 20ish talents. The change is good for Freo, we were just shafted along with other "minnows"
I'm not sure if Hart will grow into a top 20 prospect but I think Whan absolutely will

I suspect we have another name or two in our NGA that we don't know of because the club hasn't been keeping it's NGA list updated (the 18's squad listed on the website includes Mitch Edwards and everyone else from 2023) but I don't want to drop names I'm not sure about

I'm not sure if Hart will grow into a top 20 prospect but I think Whan absolutely will

I suspect we have another name or two in our NGA that we don't know of because the club hasn't been keeping it's NGA list updated (the 18's squad listed on the website includes Mitch Edwards and everyone else from 2023) but I don't want to drop names I'm not sure about
Good ol WAFL website, I went from "jeez, must be a lotta growth to get to top 20" to "holy shit, 6 goals a game" to "stupid WAFL" very quickly

1721138169331.png

They didn’t really lose them no? Ras wasn’t even in their academy, plenty of others they passed on very late when they still had the chance.
They chose not to draft Kuek, Hansen and Humphries and Jones was taken at pick 43 so I'm pretty sure they passed on a bid for him
Ahhh I thought they were all stolen, thanks for clarifying.

How did Whan end up in our NGA?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back