• Chad Warner

Votes: 196 58.0%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 69 20.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct I don't think he does, or very little.

I think Serong, Young, Brayshaw, Darcy and Jackson play a much bigger part in clearances.

I think we would be better with someone else playing Fyfes role. I'm not sure how you can watch the game and not think so yourself.
Obviously you need to get in touch with the coaches and let them know the video, stats and team structures they're observing in detail are no match for your casual observations about Fyfe's contribution.

Obviously you need to get in touch with the coaches and let them know the video, stats and team structures they're observing in detail are no match for your casual observations about Fyfe's contribution.

I always find these types of takes pretty funny on a football forum. We are discussing things in a list management thread, but aren't allowed an opinion unless it's positive because we are just casuals.

Guess you are pro Walters as well then I take it.

Given the news on how keen Freo are on Baker and the fact Cal thinks he's gone and I cant for the life of me understand why he would go to WC, I'm going to assume the latest first is used somehow, That might come with a swap of 2nds (in our favour) to even it up but getting a best 22 prime aged player in the door is good for next year.

Then I basically sit and call no one. If Richmond or Sydney call about Warner / Bolton we have a conversation, otherwise, we take what it is hopefully a very early 2nd and two top 10 picks to the draft, have players we like but arent desperate for then wait for the crazy calls to come in and make (draft capital) bank.

I have heard that in negotiation that once you put your offer on the table, the next person to speak loses the deal. So I agree, hold the two top ten picks and our future first and put two of those on the table for either Warner or Bolton and let them think about it for a couple of days.

Warner end of 2025 that isn't signed to an extension turns into our two teens picks with a second coming back. A long way from two of the top ten in this "superdraft" compared to next year.

Given the news on how keen Freo are on Baker and the fact Cal thinks he's gone and I cant for the life of me understand why he would go to WC, I'm going to assume the latest first is used somehow, That might come with a swap of 2nds (in our favour) to even it up but getting a best 22 prime aged player in the door is good for next year.

Then I basically sit and call no one. If Richmond or Sydney call about Warner / Bolton we have a conversation, otherwise, we take what it is hopefully a very early 2nd and two top 10 picks to the draft, have players we like but arent desperate for then wait for the crazy calls to come in and make (draft capital) bank.
You've got to listen to offers for depth players we don't really need. There's one or two contracted ones I reckon it'd be beneficial to get off our list. There's also one or two uncontracted ones you'd just find a home for if you can.

I think Serong, Young, Brayshaw, Darcy and Jackson play a much bigger part in clearances.

I think we would be better with someone else playing Fyfes role. I'm not sure how you can watch the game and not think so yourself.
Is it possible the match committee and their support team and technological resources may know a little more about this than either you or I do?

Agreed. We're already in a strong position. 2 more top 10 draftees could set us up brilliantly for that sustained success for the next 10-15 years. Baker is decent, late first feels right if not slightly overs but his age/xp profile fits our list well and replaces some plod.

Funny how when Fyfe didnt play much last season and we were nowhere as good at stoppages or clearances.

I'm not really sure what this means in practice? Like I get it's good in theory but is it reality?

Serong, Young and Brayshaw is our most used CBA group.

Fyfe always has the lowest time on ground out of the 3.

How does Fyfe take the hits? He tackles less? Or do you mean the first to receive the hit outs?

If we are selecting a player to block, and be the first to receive the hit outs so he takes on more of the physical heat, surely we can pick someone to do that role that can also tackle and spread, and potentially kick the footy.

I hate to be negative about our own players but it's just reality imo.
Its your reality which is clearly not shared by the coaching group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inside trading on AFL app has freo listed as interested in Isaac Cumming

Tom Morris said on Footy Clas that Bolton did ask the question to the tigers but they said absolutely not, he accepted it and is completely fine with staying.

If it happens it would have to be one of those that pops up in trade period with a good excuse form Shai tbh
Good to know that Ralph is confirmed full of shit again but If they arent playing the game, that is absolutely braindead from them and I hope they enjoy their next decade

Tom Morris said on Footy Clas that Bolton did ask the question to the tigers but they said absolutely not, he accepted it and is completely fine with staying.

If it happens it would have to be one of those that pops up in trade period with a good excuse form Shai tbh
Ah so they still haven’t decided which story they’re going with lol.

Like a second kid on the way?

Isn't it just common sense list management to sell a few non core assets before Tassie gets in? Probably just posturing so as to not dilute his value. 'Required player' and all that jazz.

He was part of their NGA and a total freebie. I'd be wanting a better excuse than 'no other club picked him' if I was a WC supporter.

No club picked Humphries in his draft year of 2021 as he wasn’t considered professional enough.
He apparently stopped taking footy seriously for a season after that and wasn’t really trying too hard, then came back last year to WAFL level and knuckled down.
They were talking about it on HBG podcast yesterday. Apparently If he’d been drafted by eagles in 2021 he probably would be delisted by now as he wasn’t ready.

The place the eagles missed him was at the back end of last years draft. Then again, so did every other club apart from the cats. We could have taken him at 40 or 59 instead of murphy or Delean as an example. Would have been nice to have a young local indigenous Kid with his skills on the team.
Well Geelong picked him and now he is starring alongside Dempsey, Stewart, Atkins and a couple of other players that other clubs showed no interest in. Eagles recruitment team has no imagination, they only see the obvious

No club picked Humphries in his draft year of 2021 as he wasn’t considered professional enough.
He apparently stopped taking footy seriously for a season after that and wasn’t really trying too hard, then came back last year to WAFL level and knuckled down.
They were talking about it on HBG podcast yesterday. Apparently If he’d been drafted by eagles in 2021 he probably would be delisted by now as he wasn’t ready.

The place the eagles missed him was at the back end of last years draft. Then again, so did every other club apart from the cats. We could have taken him at 40 or 59 instead of murphy or Delean as an example. Would have been nice to have a young local indigenous Kid with his skills on the team.
He didn't stop taking footy seriously for a season. He was focused on his anthropology studies and he was working two part-time jobs to make ends meet. Now he is in a full-time professional training environment and at a club with great player development - that is the difference

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back