Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

But that's the sort of move that can go from "no interest" to "trade done" in a matter of days. Everyone knows what he can do, there's gonna be a team which needs those attributes enough to give up fairly insignificant compensation. Besides, with it being well over a year since Brodie's last AFL game, his agent will presumably be pitching Brodie to every team possible.
No doubt but harder moving an inside mid that has already been at 2 clubs.
if there was interest no doubt would be out by now, with Fyfe out at end of next year they won't let Brodie go easy

Melbourne probably not a bad spot for one of our back up rucks too.

If their second ruck option is to play JVR there then surely they'd take anyone half decent.
Cool...Brodie and Reidy for Kossie it is.

happy speech GIF by South Park

No doubt but harder moving an inside mid that has already been at 2 clubs.
if there was interest no doubt would be out by now, with Fyfe out at end of next year they won't let Brodie go easy
I liken him to Jarryd Lyons. It may be that the club knows and likes what they see from Brodie at the moment and are just waiting. I would prefer to include him in a trade for a ready to go small forward.

Winning September & October has only ever been done by the Swans when they got Buddy in the door after their 2012 Flag. They eventually got a trade ban for it too.
Think you might be mixing up years or players there.
Buddy didn’t move till 2013 after he beat us in the final with the Hawks.

In 2012, Kirk Tippett did go to the swans I think and there was some dodgy shit happening.

Think you might be mixing up years or players there.
Buddy didn’t move till 2013 after he beat us in the final with the Hawks.

In 2012, Kirk Tippett did go to the swans I think and there was some dodgy shit happening.
Of course, you are correct.

Winning September & October is there for the taking.

Have said this before but midfield depth is going to be Fremantle’s issue soon.
Will Erasmus be happy to wait?
Brodie almost certainly looking at another trade.

Fyfe has one more year after this
I don't think so.

Brodie is still contracted, Erasmus and Simpson are developing. Johnson covers Fyfe retiring.

In this draft we could preference mid/forwards easily and grab Lalor and/or Berry who seem equipped for both positions. And we could be interested in Bo Allen or Travaglia as multi positional options.

I'm not against grabbing one of those power mid/forwards like Lalor or that other dude that raced up Twomey's board. Have seen nothing of them, but they are the sort you can always fit in if they are good. Basically Chad.

Guys that can play multiple roles might be the best bet once we find ourselves a small forward.

I’d go best available pick 6 - just anything except KPDs and rucks thanks.

As long as a small forward comes somewhere in the top 20 I’m happy to back them in. Probably no point grabbing a small forward we could get at pick 13 at pick 6 when you’ve got pick 6 and pick 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not against grabbing one of those power mid/forwards like Lalor or that other dude that raced up Twomey's board. Have seen nothing of them, but they are the sort you can always fit in if they are good. Basically Chad.
Chad for just one 1st and a gazzillion less dollars? Yes please.

Guys that can play multiple roles might be the best bet once we find ourselves a small forward.

I’d go best available pick 6 - just anything except KPDs and rucks thanks.

As long as a small forward comes somewhere in the top 20 I’m happy to back them in. Probably no point grabbing a small forward we could get at pick 13 at pick 6 when you’ve got pick 6 and pick 10.
No KPFs either.

I'll tolerate a midfielder only if they have a real point of difference to our existing players. No generic inside mids.
Chad for just one 1st and a gazzillion less dollars? Yes please.

Yeah, but as per pK below. Also, draftees don't come with guarantees.

The problem is waiting 3-4 years before they start producing at Warner levels constantly. If Chad doesn’t come this year, I’d gladly take the jnr version this year and the developed version next year.

The problem is waiting 3-4 years before they start producing at Warner levels constantly. If Chad doesn’t come this year, I’d gladly take the jnr version this year and the developed version next year.
I must say I’m still a little scarred from trading for Hogan with a year left on his contract, when we could have got him for far less in a year’s time.

While I doubt Warner would struggle like Jesse, the point stands that it can be a big price to pay for one extra year.

I must say I’m still a little scarred from trading for Hogan with a year left on his contract, when we could have got him for far less in a year’s time.

While I doubt Warner would struggle like Jesse, the point stands that it can be a big price to pay for one extra year.
The main argument for moving now is taking the option for him to change his mind and either stay or go to the Eagles.

I don't think he'd do the latter because they are dog**** and will be for 5 years, but it is possible as is changing his mind about leaving altogether.

Also, we'd have him for season 2025 and the Swans wouldn't.

I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact Warner isn’t going to get traded this year, unless there’s someone the swans are chasing themselves that requires a top 10 pick to make happen. Am leaning heavily to take 3 first round picks to the draft and stocking up one last time. Then putting Saints second on the table to the highest bidder and seeing if we can unlock another F1 (potentially with some of our future picks as a sweetener)

I don't think so.

Brodie is still contracted, Erasmus and Simpson are developing. Johnson covers Fyfe retiring.

In this draft we could preference mid/forwards easily and grab Lalor and/or Berry who seem equipped for both positions. And we could be interested in Bo Allen or Travaglia as multi positional options.
If we are serious about winning a flag, you’d get games into the next crop.
All the older blokes shouldn’t be a certainty especially next year.
Fyfe, JOM, Aish could be rotated with youth.
Also Jackson should be another name that could play Fyfes role.
We have seen from disaster the rise of Draper, and the other player to shine with
games is Sharp. GC really don’t have a clue sometimes.
Really the only player that will be hard to replace is Walters.
As for all the love for Chad, and it is a great story, it was hard work and working on
his deficiencies that forged a player.
A sprint coach could also do wonders with some of our guys too.
Get the small forwards right and the physicality and 2025 is a real possibility.

I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact Warner isn’t going to get traded this year, unless there’s someone the swans are chasing themselves that requires a top 10 pick to make happen. Am leaning heavily to take 3 first round picks to the draft and stocking up one last time. Then putting Saints second on the table to the highest bidder and seeing if we can unlock another F1 (potentially with some of our future picks as a sweetener)
Yeah I'm resigned to thinking Bolton and Warner are off the table at least for this year. Main difference for me is I think Baker is still live so thinking the overall picture is something like Lindsay, Berry, Baker, a future 1st and something a bit later this year for our draft this year and maybe a future 2nd.

Last edited:
Couldn’t agree more.

The core of this team is 23-24 years old. We need to supplement that with talent underneath to give them the best chance at a premiership. As much as it sucks for club legends Fyfe and Walters, this team isn’t being built for them any more.

I reckon there’s every chance we could flip the Saints pick for an F1 in a live trade.

Our midfield is humming now, and next year the tune will be even sweeter as Johnson and Erasmus press up, and Chapman emerges as a midfield option

Our midfield is humming now, and next year the tune will be even sweeter as Johnson and Erasmus press up, and Chapman emerges as a midfield option
Chappy could definitely do a Young and we have two elite kicks in there. We might need to start recruiting HBF’s. We might actually get close to running out soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back