Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'm resigned to thinking Bolton and Warner are off the table at least for this year. Main difference for me is I think Baker is still live so thinking the overall picture is something like Lindsay, Berry, Baker, a future 1st and something a bit later this year for our draft this year and maybe a future 2nd.

It seems unlikely we’ll have enough of a hand to be in play for both Warner and Bolton next year though, right?
(and the better our hand next year, the more Sydney will ask for Warner).

So Bolton would have to be this year (unlikely, unless Richmond soften by trade period) - or in a few years at a reduced cost?

It seems unlikely we’ll have enough of a hand to be in play for both Warner and Bolton next year though, right?

So Bolton would have to be this year (unlikely, unless Richmond soften by trade period) - or in a few years at a reduced cost?
I've always thought the idea of getting both sounded ludicrous and if somethings to good to be true, it is. Short of Woodside having some very creative Junior Exploration ventures they can "invest" in, how can we possibly fit in another $2.2m (min) of empty cap?

I had some delusions of paying overs in picks for Richmond to foot some of the bill but it still just seems crazy. Baker to improve our bottom 6, Warner to make us the best overall midfield in the game by far seems realistic.

It could depend on if Bolton asks for a trade too, bear in mind. Also....Tassie entering the league in 2028, Richmond might want to pounce on high end draft picks now, as you'd surely think Dustin is either retiring or leaving for GC. That puts pressure on teams a bit that need to rebuild mostly, the Tigers and Eagles and even possibly a Collingwood whose predicament is way more dicier than they dare speak of. Tasmania does put a bit of pressure on the bottom 3-6 teams to get top end drafts in if they're going that way in the next few drafts.

Richmond by points index have the best draft hand - 5855 with picks 1, 21, 35, 39, 41, 53, 57, 62 and 68 currently. Obviously some junk-ish picks at the end, but there's a bit of wiggle room there to maybe move up the draft order a bit with picks 21-41 or deal with father/son/academy clubs. Or hand them on for a few plug-and-play types, but that won't help them probably move up the ladder too much in the coming seasons.

If Dustin quits/leaves, Baker decides to head to West Coast (or us, you still never know..)....Bolton may be a sacrificial lamb if they concede they're going to have to bottom out completely and go full route rebuild before Tassie comes in, get some draft capital, get some wages off the books etc......that could play a part in their decision making. A potential scenario of Bolton this year, Warner next is still not entirely out of the equation, although much less likely as of right now

The Swans and the Chad is really interesting - well durr…
IF the Swans don’t win the GF, i don’t think all is lost with us getting Warner for 2x first THIS year…
IF the Swans don’t get it done with him in the team, it will be because their defence isn’t the finished product- especially with Rampe just about cooked.
With Callum Mills - exactly the same type - mid/forward and not firing a shot this year, he is covered if he leaves and IF Warner does intend to head home - this will be the year for the Swans to cash in
I reckon the Swans will go hard at Barrass again, 4 good years left, fits the window at the Swans- not one of the captains at the SLIME and seems fckn disinterested at Wet Toast in games this season. The Swans will need at least 1 good 1st to get Barrass.
Anyway I’m not one to write off Purple Chad 2025 yet, I reckon it could be on like ‘Donkey Kong’

I've always thought the idea of getting both sounded ludicrous and if somethings to good to be true, it is. Short of Woodside having some very creative Junior Exploration ventures they can "invest" in, how can we possibly fit in another $2.2m (min) of empty cap?

I had some delusions of paying overs in picks for Richmond to foot some of the bill but it still just seems crazy. Baker to improve our bottom 6, Warner to make us the best overall midfield in the game by far seems realistic.

Yeah I must admit I’m torn. I’m becoming rather attached to the core group we have drafted and developed - and would rather look after Treacy, Brayshaw etc, keep everyone well compensated than risk having a drastic asymmetry in the cap for 2 players who come in and instantly become the highest paid individuals in the team.

On the other hand we still desperately need an A grade small forward, and you certainly don’t say no to Chad Warner when he makes the phone call and asks if you’re free Saturday night.

Yeah I must admit I’m torn. I’m becoming rather attached to the core group we have drafted and developed - and would rather look after Treacy, Brayshaw etc, keep everyone well compensated than risk having a drastic asymmetry in the cap for 2 players who come in and instantly become the highest paid individuals in the team.

On the other hand we still desperately need an A grade small forward, and you certainly don’t say no to Chad Warner when he makes the phone call and asks if you’re free Saturday night.
players should be paying to come to us ;)

Yeah I'm resigned to thinking Bolton and Warner are off the table at least for this year. Main difference for me is I think Baker is still live so thinking the overall picture is something like Lindsay, Berry, Baker, a future 1st and something a bit later this year for our draft this year and maybe a future 2nd.
Yes it's going to be an interesting off season and it won't stop asking about players at other clubs.

But I'd be pi$$Ed if we Baker costs us a first (even if a second was to come back to us).

If trades don't work out this year I'd love to do a Vic Country raid for a combo of Lalor, Lindsay, Travaglia, Berry.

Yes it's going to be an interesting off season and it won't stop asking about players at other clubs.

But I'd be pi$$Ed if we Baker costs us a first (even if a second was to come back to us).

If trades don't work out this year I'd love to do a Vic Country raid for a combo of Lalor, Lindsay, Travaglia, Berry.
If Baker picks us I think there is going to be a lot of unhappy posters then. Its going to cost our worst first with something coming back depending on where it is.

We don't have major list needs, but those lads are a beautiful fit for the areas we can improve. Their skills and attributes speak to aggressive transition football.

If Baker picks us I think there is going to be a lot of unhappy posters then. Its going to cost our worst first with something coming back depending on where it is.
I agree. Freo are keen as we reportedly have a 5 year deal on the table. We also rolled out our dynamic duo of Brayshaw and Serong to serenade him to Cockburn. All points to us being a keen buyer which equals a decent trade cost. To be fair early second would be the asking rate. Baker is a quality mid forward. WC want and need him bad. It will cost them their early second.

We could trade that late first for two seconds (an early and a late one). Then on trade the early second to Richmond.

I agree. Freo are keen as we reportedly have a 5 year deal on the table. We also rolled out our dynamic duo of Brayshaw and Serong to serenade him to Cockburn. All points to us being a keen buyer which equals a decent trade cost. To be fair early second would be the asking rate. Baker is a quality mid forward. WC want and need him bad. It will cost them their early second.

We could trade that late first for two seconds (an early and a late one). Then on trade the early second to Richmond.
Brayshaw and Serong also serenaded Corbett, they make the pitch to every potential recruit, personally would much prefer we spend the $$ on luring Cumming from GWS, doesn’t cost any draft capital and is younger than Baker, also plays wing which is an area we need to improve or can play HBF and allow Chappy to move forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Swans and the Chad is really interesting - well durr…
IF the Swans don’t win the GF, i don’t think all is lost with us getting Warner for 2x first THIS year…
IF the Swans don’t get it done with him in the team, it will be because their defence isn’t the finished product- especially with Rampe just about cooked.
With Callum Mills - exactly the same type - mid/forward and not firing a shot this year, he is covered if he leaves and IF Warner does intend to head home - this will be the year for the Swans to cash in
I reckon the Swans will go hard at Barrass again, 4 good years left, fits the window at the Swans- not one of the captains at the SLIME and seems fckn disinterested at Wet Toast in games this season. The Swans will need at least 1 good 1st to get Barrass.
Anyway I’m not one to write off Purple Chad 2025 yet, I reckon it could be on like ‘Donkey Kong’
No way they trade him this year.

I'd be sending Andy and Caleb because the money isn't as good, not the other way around.

There is no chance our offer is the best contract, we'll be trying to leverage the **** out of our position relative to the other two. If that isn't the case, sack someone because they don't know what they are doing.

Even Daniels said it is only circa 600k - that's not first round territory these days.

Latest first with swaps of 2nds heavy in our favour or Saints 2nd plus our F2 with something rubbish coming back.

We may get only 2 of them.. others may be gone by our later picks? Still OK.. We had a mini raid on Vic Country in 2019 and is paid off.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Baker will only pick us if the club is really keen on him i.e. offer a competitive salary compared to the Eagles. Therefore, it is on the club to make the right call here whatever that is. I agree with Tundra, there is some serious talent in Lalor, Lindsay, Berry that can set us up for a decade. Surely, no one in their right mind would choose Baker over that opportunity.

Baker will only pick us if the club is really keen on him i.e. offer a competitive salary compared to the Eagles. Therefore, it is on the club to make the right call here whatever that is. I agree with Tundra, there is some serious talent in Lalor, Lindsay, Berry that can set us up for a decade. Surely, no one in their right mind would choose Baker over that opportunity.
I think none of those will be available at our latest first if our season goes to plan and I'm still adamant using all picks at the draft is not good list management. I'm OK "slightly overpaying" for Baker if our first two firsts are taken to the draft

I think none of those will be available at our latest first if our season goes to plan and I'm still adamant using all picks at the draft is not good list management. I'm OK "slightly overpaying" for Baker if our first two firsts are taken to the draft
They may not all be available but it is hardly an exhaustive list, and I am sure the club has eyes on plenty of other options. It is still well within the sweet spot of this deep draft.

I agree that Laylor won't be but I believe Lindsay and Berry both have a high chance of being there at our pick based on current projections. Surely you target those two and trade our last FRP into next year?

If you have pick 7, 10 and 16, do you reach for Berry at 10 and use 16 to get Baker?

Then go best line breaking mid with elite skills at 7.

And hopefully use pick 25 for another small forward.

Get Isiah Winder as a DFA, and Isaac Cummings a UFA.

This is the dream.

The problem with Baker is not slightly overpaying for him in terms of the draft pick cost. The problem is going close to the salary he could get at Richmond. Our offer would/should be circa $600k. That's appropriate for our list where he'd be in the 12-15th range. At Richmond he can command $800-900k as one of their top 10 (maybe top 5) players. We will blow up our salary cap paying a midget role player that kind of money.

I agree that Laylor won't be but I believe Lindsay and Berry both have a high chance of being there at our pick based on current projections. Surely you target those two and trade our last FRP into next year?
I think Berry is the only elite small forward left in the pool in a draft with mids all over the place. I think you need a pick on the night (don't forget bids) between 10 and 15 to get him. Lindsay is high on the boards of draft watchers I respect the most and just looks to me like a top 10 pick (I acknowledge there are lots of top 10 pick talents this year).

I'm just a nuffy but I think they are all well gone by the time out natural pick enters the draft

If you have pick 7, 10 and 16, do you reach for Berry at 10 and use 16 to get Baker?

Then go best line breaking mid with elite skills at 7.

And hopefully use pick 25 for another small forward.

Get Isiah Winder as a DFA, and Isaac Cummings a UFA.

This is the dream.
Not even sure 10 is a reach given the nature of the draft. Every chance Berry is gone by the Port pick if they make finals

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back