Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Also we're talking coaches side wing here presumably. Doesn't require quite as many KM's as fat side and you're going to have a higher contested ball ratio

E.g. this is O'Meara v Sharp for this year

View attachment 2057606

Jaeger's contested possession ratio is 50% larger and more than double clearances (He's only attended 18 CBA's for the entire season so its not really inflated by playing on ball)
I love stats. And I also love asking questions that can't be measured. Like how many times has either Sharp or Jaeger really influenced a game in a positive, match winning way. I'd say they'd be fairly even with Sharp maybe have done some more inspirational things with some great goals?
Sometimes we just need to use our eyes as much as numbers.
I'd also say Jaeger gets more involved than Sharp. Jslust seems to be at the coalface a bit more, given Sharp is a wing, that's understandable.
I've been happy with both of them.

I am not sure the club was really chasing McDonald.
With the forward we have, I believ that he wasn't needed.
Warner is a much more viable player for us.He tears games apart.

I call BS on not chasing McDonald. We probably didn’t fully commit past April once Treacy was looking the goods but I doubt we weren’t chasing him.

The point is if Warner doesn’t come we’re probably going to the draft anyway just a year later. The extra year of development possible by selecting said player a year earlier could be the difference between a premiership in 2026/2027 and falling sub-20 points short like we did in 2013.

If Warner wants to play for us in 2026 we’ll find a way to find the capital with or without trading first rounders into the future. You find a way to get those players into the club but you don’t put all the eggs in one basket so you’ve ****ed up when it doesn’t happen.

Last edited:
Fitness isn't the concern I have about Chapman in the middle, it's that he is at the point where he is strong but not strong enough to use his frame height to shove guys away. He doesn't have the speed to clear immediately and not yet the size to shove them off.

He still looks like a teenager across the shoulders and that skinny side winger needs to wear a lot of hits

We’ll probably look back on his career individually more fondly if he gets moved into the midfield and is successful imo.

Still don’t get the obsession with moving every half decent non-KPP into the midfield though. It’s quite possible it’s easier to replace the mids that’ll retire more directly with mids than replace Chapman with a defender of the same quality. No guarantee it even works either.

We’ll probably look back on his career individually more fondly if he gets moved into the midfield and is successful imo.

Still don’t get the obsession with moving every half decent non-KPP into the midfield though. It’s quite possible it’s easier to replace the mids that’ll retire more directly with mids than replace Chapman with a defender of the same quality. No guarantee it even works either.
Again could be where Cummins comes in…?

I love stats. And I also love asking questions that can't be measured. Like how many times has either Sharp or Jaeger really influenced a game in a positive, match winning way. I'd say they'd be fairly even with Sharp maybe have done some more inspirational things with some great goals?
Sometimes we just need to use our eyes as much as numbers.
I'd also say Jaeger gets more involved than Sharp. Jslust seems to be at the coalface a bit more, given Sharp is a wing, that's understandable.
I've been happy with both of them.
I hate the stats, they just keep past players employed by the media.
I like you prefer to watch a game and see for myself who has played well, not how many kicks or handballs.
Stats are for the Super coaches and Fantasy footy players.

I think Zurhaar signed on again,
I don't believe he has, unless it was this week. This was from July 16

CLARKO ‘HOPEFUL’ ROOS RE-SIGN FREE AGENTS

North Melbourne coach Alastair Clarkson says the club is “hopeful” of re-signing free agents Luke Davies-Uniacke and Cam Zurhaar.

Zurhaar is the more pressing of the two, eligible for free agency at season’s end, while Davies-Uniacke’s contract doesn’t expire until the end of 2025.

Jo’M is a bit like Freddy in that he does a lot of unrewarded work that is only noted by the more discerning of us.
As Longmuir keeps saying, every player has a role to play.They both play their roles. Both do a lot of running. Freddy makes his opposition skittish when he begins to run.He causes havoc.

As Longmuir keeps saying, every player has a role to play.They both play their roles. Both do a lot of running. Freddy makes his opposition skittish when he begins to run.He causes havoc.
I loved hearing about this in Son Son and Banfield's post match interview. They are really not focussed on stats etc and are all doing whatever role JLo has given them, like when Banners was sent into the backline to "fill in a hole for Pearce" which even he admits he wasn't ready for.

If Baker picks us I think there is going to be a lot of unhappy posters then. Its going to cost our worst first with something coming back depending on where it is.
Aaaaaaaaaaaargh.

**** him and the black dog he rode in on.

Rioli might be the one they sell.

Baker gets left behind. His trade value is nothing compared to Rioli. Dimma would love a Rioli at GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sharp is really only a one wing player.At Perth stadium he is hardly ever on the coach side wing.Almos always on the outer wing.His job out there is to make the play when we swich the play.That is when his pace comes into his play. That is providing he bounces the ball before getting pinded by the umps.
I am not sure that too many teams actually run with two wing men.I think the other wing is basically filled by another mid like O'Meara.
Collingwood did ok with J Daicos and Sidebottom.

I loved hearing about this in Son Son and Banfield's post match interview. They are really not focussed on stats etc and are all doing whatever role JLo has given them, like when Banners was sent into the backline to "fill in a hole for Pearce" which even he admits he wasn't ready for.
It’s a great sign, for this club
This is why we are a good club

Also we're talking coaches side wing here presumably. Doesn't require quite as many KM's as fat side and you're going to have a higher contested ball ratio

E.g. this is O'Meara v Sharp for this year

View attachment 2057606

Jaeger's contested possession ratio is 50% larger and more than double clearances (He's only attended 18 CBA's for the entire season so its not really inflated by playing on ball)
And it should be considering he's an actual midfielder (centre bounce mid) and Sharp is a pure winger. JOM also gets moved around a lot eg. He attends ball ups significantly more than Sharp.

and the best thing is, apparently they don't listen to us lol

I think that's a bit of bs from Walters because he was clearly giving his critics a sign :)

He's thrown signs after kicking goals directed at the journalists writing off his career for years and years.

Can someone tell me what the attraction is to move Heath Chapman to a wing.
I don't see him as a wingam. I am not sure he has the taank to take on the running that is needed there.
I think he is a good back man, but not sure about as a wing man.

I’m inclined to agree.

I don’t think he’s got the pace either

How I would setup the list at end of year if no Bolton/Warner available (mostly OOC players but will sprinkle in a few downgrades)

Main List:
Stay:
Sturt - Sign him up ASAP, 2-3 years
Banfield - Sign him up, should get 2 years, wouldn't do anymore than that personally
Emmett - 1-2 years, the longer he stays out of the team, the more I think only 1 year
Knobel - 2 years, developing ruck
Noddy - 1 year, needs some more time
Wagner - 2 years, rumour is this has already been signed

Out:
Taberner (Retired)
Corbett (Delist)
Hughes (Delist)
Erasmus (Trade) - I'll be wanting this list spot, try to cash in for whatever value we can get
Brodie (Trade) - It's probably one or the other with Brodie or Erasmus, feel like it'll be easier to get rid of Erasmus and we will get more value back
1 of Mcdonald, JOM (delist + Rookie) - Basically any older player that we can delist that won't get stolen by another team (or we won't care if they're stolen)

In:
Baker (for Third first rounder)
1st FRP
2nd FRP
1st 2RP
1st 4RP (Good for a slider in a deep draft)
(5th spot can be any of the Free agents or trades we are linked to, Cumming/Richards/Martin etc or a surprise)
(6th spot, if we can offload both Brodie and Erasmus will be which ever picks we get for them)

Result: 3x early picks at the draft + a slider, solid trades/FA, I'd also experiment with sliding in the draft with any of our picks to get future capital, probably more likely if Erasmus/Brodie stay and we need one less pick.

Rookie List:
Stay:
Worner - can stay on the rookie list under the new rules, this is handy for us, won't have to delist and rookie him
Voss - 3 years if possible, otherwise 2 or 1, perfect KPF Depth
Stanley - 1/2 years, coming from a long way back, shows promise at Peel
Sharp - extend him if we can
Jones - 1 year I can't fully make up my mind on Jones yet, likely needs more time so should probably get a year but I'm worried about the concussions and think the club may feel the same in a year we are tight on spots.

Out:
Reidy (Delist) - Knobel to be the third ruck
Kuek (Delist) - unlucky but hard to see him getting a game, how long are we meant to hold onto him? (plus this evens up the Voss acquisation in list spots)

In:
1 of 2 of the delisted players mentioned above

Result: Full Rookie list of 6 players post Rookie draft.

Cat B:
Out:
Williams (Needs more time but can't even get out of the reserves, take a flier on one of the Irish boys)

In:
Ultan Kelm or the other guy

I basically did this post to see if we could justify taking 4 or 5 in this years national draft while not really losing too many, I reckon its pretty doable tbh, was surprised how easy it was to make room on the list, obviously others will rate some that I cut/trade but yeah, this is how I'd do it this far out.

Fitness isn't the concern I have about Chapman in the middle, it's that he is at the point where he is strong but not strong enough to use his frame height to shove guys away. He doesn't have the speed to clear immediately and not yet the size to shove them off.

He still looks like a teenager across the shoulders and that skinny side winger needs to wear a lot of hits
Eventually I like the idea of Chappy pushing up the ground. But he's struggled to stay on the park and I'd prefer to leave him where he is for the time being to develop and gain more experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back