• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he is good depth tbh

If he gets an offer elsewhere then you let him go otherwise you sign him on chips

Kinda like what willo would've been on last year
agree. I know it's a foreign concept on here but depth when contending with players of Aish's calibre are absolute gold. Our injury run has been quite astonishing but no guarantees we can rely on it.

I agree his type is not exactly a list need. Seems like he may be eligible as an NGA selection which would be hard to pass up if the matching criteria are relaxed.

Ruck Rover: Lucas Robinson - South Fremantle/Lake Grace Pingrup
Date of Birth: 13/02/08.
Height: 188cm
Hard-edged midfielder who thrived in the contest, winning contested ball and dominating stoppages.
Athletic and a good decision-maker, he used his strength, power, game sense and ball-winning ability to constantly drive his team forward.
Took out Western Australia’s MVP as well as being runner-up in the Pool A best and fairest.
He averaged 24.7 disposals (18 contested) 5.3 marks, 6.0 tackles and 8.7 clearances.
Hails from Zimbabwean background and is eligible to Fremantle under NGA rules.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Sounds like a great prospect but why do I get the feeling we will get done over on these new NGA rules?

Last edited:
Ruck Rover: Lucas Robinson - South Fremantle/Lake Grace Pingrup
Date of Birth: 13/02/08.
Height: 188cm
Hard-edged midfielder who thrived in the contest, winning contested ball and dominating stoppages.
Athletic and a good decision-maker, he used his strength, power, game sense and ball-winning ability to constantly drive his team forward.
Took out Western Australia’s MVP as well as being runner-up in the Pool A best and fairest.
He averaged 24.7 disposals (18 contested) 5.3 marks, 6.0 tackles and 8.7 clearances.
Hails from Zimbabwean background and is eligible to Fremantle under NGA rules.
Rookieme have a similar write up in their top 10 prospects for the 2026 draft

Lucas Robinson (South Fremantle/Western Australia)
Midfielder | 188cm | 13/02/2008

An absolute beast on the inside, Robinson is difficult to contain with his sheer size and aggression. He dominated at the coalface with averages of 25 disposals (18 contested), six tackles and nine clearances, during the National Championships, while also proving capable of launching attacks on the outside. Robinson’s strong overhead marking is another handy point of difference around the ground. He was named WA’s MVP and came runner-up in the Kevin Sheehan Medal. Fremantle fans will want to keep a close eye on his progress as a NGA product.

Rookieme have a similar write up in their top 10 prospects for the 2026 draft

Lucas Robinson (South Fremantle/Western Australia)
Midfielder | 188cm | 13/02/2008

An absolute beast on the inside, Robinson is difficult to contain with his sheer size and aggression. He dominated at the coalface with averages of 25 disposals (18 contested), six tackles and nine clearances, during the National Championships, while also proving capable of launching attacks on the outside. Robinson’s strong overhead marking is another handy point of difference around the ground. He was named WA’s MVP and came runner-up in the Kevin Sheehan Medal. Fremantle fans will want to keep a close eye on his progress as a NGA product.
16 yo and 188cm, beast on the inside, difficult to contain, strong overhead marking, Lake Grace..mmmmm

Think he is good depth tbh

If he gets an offer elsewhere then you let him go otherwise you sign him on chips

Kinda like what willo would've been on last year
Really depends on what we look like in that spot by the end of 2025. If he's not best 22 and there's younger options that can play the role in defence nearly as well perhaps you move him on tbh.

I can see us drafting a good HBF in a world where we still have the three first rounders by draft time.

Realistically though I think we'll see Fyfe and Walters retire and they'll be 2-3 others further down the depth chart. It'll be tight as Draper will be upgraded then as well.

FFS - a plank of wood is about as useful as Schache has been at AFL level. That was obvious even back then.

Don't even try to make us believe it made sense back then. It's something you just own up to and move on.
Haha you’re the one that brought it up from 2 years ago and getting worked up over it not me.
I couldn’t care less more than happy to be wrong. Just putting some context into when he was ok at VFL.

You have kicked a few goals at AFL level by the sounds?

Sounds like a great prospect by why do I get the feeling we will get done over on these new NGA rules?

Don't worry about that, start getting ready for us to trade away our future picks on existing stars and then picking up top twenty academy players right after.

Have to sign Voss on for a few years.
Get him to sign, with the promise that we’ll look after him another club comes along. At least in contract we can extract some value.
Couldn't agree more. We'll stay around the top by developing talent and selling high (or selling the player pushed out of the team) to ensure Walls has ammo at the draft. Voss is ideal. If he kicks like he does in the WAFL he'll end up not far off Treacy and Amiss with regards to goals. He's a more limited player but you'd get a handsome amount if he starts scoring and is contracted for a few years.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is there talk of NGA eligibility changing? All I've heard mentioned is removing the limitations on where you can match
The AFL commission is meeting tomorrow to ratify the proposed changes so we will find out shortly, but the ability to match anywhere is one change that has been proposed.

Dangerous to get ahead of ourselves re NGA (I was big on Medhat after all), but imagine getting a couple of A graders out of that over the next few years.
You'd think having back-to-back WA u16s MVPs would be pretty hard to stuff up. Then again, the one that was MVP last year, Basil Hart, is probably not our highest rated NGA in the 2025 draft class at this stage (tbf that says at least as much about Toby Whan's season as it does Hart's).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think having back-to-back WA u16s MVPs would be pretty hard to stuff up. Then again, the one that was MVP last year, Basil Hart, is probably not our highest rated NGA in the 2025 draft class at this stage (tbf that says at least as much about Toby Whan's season as it does Hart's).
I am very pleased we will likely be adding Hart to the list.

Haha you’re the one that brought it up from 2 years ago and getting worked up over it not me.
I couldn’t care less more than happy to be wrong. Just putting some context into when he was ok at VFL.

You have kicked a few goals at AFL level by the sounds?

Schache had more than enough chance at AFL level to prove he wasn’t up to it. There’s been plenty of VFL forwards that are guns at that level (not sure Schache was tbh) and have been useless at AFL level.

Let’s look at Sharp, Voss and Wagner for example:
  • Sharp was AFL standard for maybe a season but fell out of favour. Hardwick tried to convince him to stay.
  • Voss was a gun at VFL level that Essendon wrote of before even giving him a chance at AFL level.
  • Wagner was a spud forward who was delisted twice but was starring in a completely different role at VFL level.

It’s apples and oranges. Tbh so is Schache and Martin as Martin has been okay at worst most times he’s run out onto an AFL field.

Also got to a disagree our late trading has been good. Every trade we’ve done where we haven’t involved at least a second rounder has been a complete waste of time whilst a lot of the times we’ve used third or fourth rounders at the draft we’ve had a best 22 player within three years.

Yeah excited for next year. Hoping those two both kick on. I didn't even know about Robertson until today. Pleasant surprise.

car sliding GIF

short of cloning peak sonny, I don’t think there’s a player that fits our forward half needs more then Bolton. If the motivation is still there which I reckon it would be, would pay a lot for him

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back