• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading between lines and deciding just how full your glass is
A) Bolton tried to be respectful to the Tiggers, now they need to put some pressure on to force the issue; or
B) Tigers are more open to it now knowing Pies pick is basically a guaranteed top 10 and are prepping the fans

A) Rhino is doing his job as WA mouthpiece and it's load of shit, Freo are very keen
B) Warner is still live this year and we cant do both, Warner > Bolton
C) We can not fit both Warner and Bolton in capwise, even over two years and well, Warner > Bolton

So how full is your glass? Personally, I think we are almost guaranteed now one of Bolton or Warner are in purple next year
Only question would be if second scenario is real, Warner is live and we prefer Warner, where does that leave Bolton leaking the request if Warner/Swans will deal?

Not sure it gets to this point if Bolton really hasn't canvassed the WA sides (or specifically Freo). Can't see how WC possibly in the frame.

Not that there's such thing as a bad option when you have Shai Bolton, but it's worth noting that for basically his entire prime so far he's been a 50%+ centre bounce attendance guy. Starting inside and then going fwd. But we saw first hand in 1 of only 2 games this season where he hasn't been 1 of the 4 main midfield guys that he can absolutely cook as a fwd-mid.

So to maximise his impact, do you have him as a mid-fwd and roughly give him Fyfe's inside midfield time or more as a fwd-mid who goes there when you need that spark plug?
Really, he should be taking Switta's role, that's his perfect role for us

Not that there's such thing as a bad option when you have Shai Bolton, but it's worth noting that for basically his entire prime so far he's been a 50%+ centre bounce attendance guy. Starting inside and then going fwd. But we saw first hand in 1 of only 2 games this season where he hasn't been 1 of the 4 main midfield guys that he can absolutely cook as a fwd-mid.

So to maximise his impact, do you have him as a mid-fwd and roughly give him Fyfe's inside midfield time or more as a fwd-mid who goes there when you need that spark plug?
I'd have him 90:10 forward:mid in our side. Like Switkowski.

Only question would be if second scenario is real, Warner is live and we prefer Warner, where does that leave Bolton leaking the request if Warner/Swans will deal?

Not sure it gets to this point if Bolton really hasn't canvassed the WA sides (or specifically Freo). Can't see how WC possibly in the frame.
WC arent in the frame, that's all just his manager learning from ****ing up the first Kelly trade attempt

Is there actually any trade that we can put on the table for both Warner and Bolton with what we have?

Tom Morris said this morning it will most likely be possible to trade future picks 2 years into the future this trade period, so there may be a scenario where it can happen.

But seriously, if we somehow land both Bolton and Warner at the end of this year without losing any B22 players, this is me the next morning -

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 8.14.10 PM.png

Is there actually any trade that we can put on the table for both Warner and Bolton with what we have?
We have access to trade 4 first round draft picks (Collingwood’s, Port’s ours this and next year) as well as a high second round pick from the saints.

There’s also the chance that the rules change to allow trading 2 years in advance giving us a 5th first rounder

That would go pretty close without having to trade any players out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There has definitely been a shift in the reporting in the last 48 hours from -
Shai asked the question at some point, Richmond said no, Shai said no worries, happy to stay here, end of story.
into - Shai keen to get home asap for personal reasons, Richmond would be dicks not to deal

Strangely enough, you would think Collingwood sucking is the biggest factor in that changing narrative
When I first heard of this, the talk was even Bolton was hoping next year, not expecting anything this year.

Premiership hero citing family / personal reasons. Presume Richmond do the right thing and thank him for his service with an amicable trade.
he can go, signed a 5 year deal when taranto and hopper signed on. Now that he is playing in a poor team and things are to hard he wants to bandwagon. We better not be walked over with the bullshit "family" reason. 2 1sts otherwise he can stay.

Personally I think acquiring Bolton could have more impact than Warner. Warner pushes out another adequate mid, whereas we have no one that plays the position we want Bolton to play, thus on aggregate he makes a bigger impact. He's such a cream on top player and a dream pick up if he's motivated to bring his best.

If we give up literally everything we have, maybe. Even then, I doubt it because only 1 pick inside 10 is likely unless Port bottle it.

Personally I think acquiring Bolton could have more impact than Warner. Warner pushes out another adequate mid, whereas we have no one that plays the position we want Bolton to play, thus on aggregate he makes a bigger impact. He's such a cream on top player and a dream pick up if he's motivated to bring his best.

No question, that the type of player we need most is Bolton. But Warner is younger and hasn't already reached the summit twice. He'll be as keen as our boys to win one (this year aside).

Bolton and Freddy would run rampant. So much speed mixed with aerial ability.

The very thought of chasing Jack Martin makes me throw up in my mouth.

Go for Bolton, and/or The Chad.
To anyone who took offence to this.

Jack Martin is a player I wanted 6 years ago. I thought he was the next big thing. Unfortunately injuries and form have robbed him of what I thought he was going to be.

He is still talented but at 30 and with a bad history of injures he isnt the right fit for our team.

Reading between lines and deciding just how full your glass is
A) Bolton tried to be respectful to the Tiggers, now they need to put some pressure on to force the issue; or
B) Tigers are more open to it now knowing Pies pick is basically a guaranteed top 10 and are prepping the fans

A) Rhino is doing his job as WA mouthpiece and it's load of shit, Freo are very keen
B) Warner is still live this year and we cant do both, Warner > Bolton
C) We can not fit both Warner and Bolton in capwise, even over two years and well, Warner > Bolton

So how full is your glass? Personally, I think we are almost guaranteed now one of Bolton or Warner are in purple next year
Bolton Cheaper on the cap. If warner was 4 inches taller i'd take him. We need a bigger body in the guts

Wouldn't Warner just replace Fyfe? We played both Johnson and Fyfe in the same team so we definitely have room, especially since Warner rests forward a lot.

Terry Jones Jesus GIF by MOODMAN

Damn we really needed that port pick to be top 10 along with the pies to get them both done this year, if the AFL decides two years of future 1st are able to be traded we could pull it off, I really wanted one of Berry, Lindsay or Travaglia this year as well though, I guess with the NGA rules changing we’ll have access to some good young talent without 1st round picks though.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back