• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes the easier the shot, the worse the kick. But.......I want him
Yep, statistically he's actually an above average shot for the chances he takes on.

He just takes on some shocking shots but I'd agree with you in that he seems to kick the hard ones and miss the easy ones.

Well, shit, he’ll fit right into our team then, won’t he?
Absolutely.

I want and rate Warner more but I think Shai is a far better fit for the team and will cost us less.

The Freo link is nice too. I just hope he's got his shit together off field as we've been burnt in that regard before and I think he may have had a nightclub incident or two earlier in his career.

I think Johnson gives us that.
then how to Johnson,Serong,Brayshaw,Young and Warner all fit in the midfield post fyfe retireing 2025?
Think Bolton is slighlty better if we had to choose. I know the main ITK Warner is out of Sydney this year or next but if he stays this year a change of heart is possible with success/ a huge offer

Tigers fans are already creaming themselves over the amount of picks they expect in return.

IMO, they need the picks more than we need Bolton. I hope we don't bend over. If we don't get a good deal - very walk away and try again next year.
Depends on what your definition of "good" is. It will cost two of our first round picks. It's more if they start demanding more than that we should be walking away

Absolutely.

I want and rate Warner more but I think Shai is a far better fit for the team and will cost us less.

The Freo link is nice too. I just hope he's got his shit together off field as we've been burnt in that regard before and I think he may have had a nightclub incident or two earlier in his career.
Was alluding to the errant kicking, but everything you said, too! 😂

then how to Johnson,Serong,Brayshaw,Young and Warner all fit in the midfield post fyfe retireing 2025?
Think Bolton is slighlty better if we had to choose. I know the main ITK Warner is out of Sydney this year or next but if he stays this year a change of heart is possible with success/ a huge offer
Sorry I was referring to a bigger body in the middle.

Johnson is going to be a big unit especially with another pre season.

Absolutely.

Got in a fight protecting his mate (missus? Can’t remember exactly), from a shithead punter.

Think that’s allowable.

Warner still fits easily, he just replaces JOM/Johnson/Banfield role of outside mid who takes stints through the middle and Forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got in a fight protecting his mate (missus? Can’t remember exactly), from a shithead punter.

Think that’s allowable.
Got a 20k fine for it too so I don't think that's the full story and doubt we will ever know.

We just have a shocking record off the field when it comes to this stuff so I hope we have vetted him much more thoroughly than Jesse Hogan - or at least take more information into consideration than what we might have in the past when making these kinds of recruitments.

Second child on the way and family heading home. Can't begrudge that. It did cost WC a fortune to extract Tim Kelly under similar conditions though.

Check his stats for the finals last year.

Big reason the blues went as well as they did imo.

For a cheap contract, if we have the space, you take the punt that you can have him right when it matters.
Spot on about Martins impact in Carlton finals.

If our S&C team can manage his injuries better than Blues, it could be Moneyball.

Forget about Bolton and Warner we have a better solution courtesy of our friends down the road.

They are seriously deluded over there.

"As much as I love watching Ryan as an Eagle, I sense he will be best served in a team that is at pointy end. Freo have missed Walters and Schultz in their forward line and Ryan would fill some of that. Should they spend a R1 on him?

I would be asking the question if I was Freo's List Manager. If WCE are wanting Knobel as well as a R1 pick, it will be the Freo R1 unless we stump up some of Ryan's salary"

So someone over there thinks we should give them a R1 pick and Knobel for Liam Ryan and they pay part of his salary? 🤔 🤮

Thanks but no thanks.

The last few days have been an interesting watch in regards to Shai Bolton.
A month ago it was a maybe , is he available ?
The last 2 days plenty of people are a yes or a no . My opinion I didn’t think it possible contracts and the like no way ? But I trust walls and the recruiting and management team to make the best decision for the club
I think shai is an absolute star for his position
But the angst over will he perform at a level to justify his pay check

There is no way he even gets to Freo if he doesn’t meet the players leadership group rules .
This isn’t the club of 15/20 years ago
This group from the top to bottom are building something really special so if shai ends up Fremantle next year
Wow I’m going to love watching him play
It’s going to be even better as he’s in purple !!!

Tigers fans are already creaming themselves over the amount of picks they expect in return.

IMO, they need the picks more than we need Bolton. I hope we don't bend over. If we don't get a good deal - very happy to walk away and try again next year.
How desperate we are will depend on what happens in the next two months. I’m not sure if a flag or missing out will make us more desperate to top up.

Would WCE be looking hard at Bolton ?
Aside from their first pick, do they have anything - and would he fit their list from an age demographic?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is there actually any trade that we can put on the table for both Warner and Bolton with what we have?
If those two players are incoming the two players we might have on the table are Erasmus (who would be struggling for opportunity) and Switkowski (if the rumour he wanted to go home have substance).

Bolton:: pick 10 and Switkowski
- Richmond fill the gap Bolton would leave and grab a decent first rounder. An alternative player trade could be Murphy for no good reason apart from he may want to return home.

Warner: pick 6, 16 and Erasmus
- I don't think Sydney trade this year but that value looks ok to me.

The last few days have been an interesting watch in regards to Shai Bolton.
A month ago it was a maybe , is he available ?
The last 2 days plenty of people are a yes or a no . My opinion I didn’t think it possible contracts and the like no way ? But I trust walls and the recruiting and management team to make the best decision for the club
I think shai is an absolute star for his position
But the angst over will he perform at a level to justify his pay check

There is no way he even gets to Freo if he doesn’t meet the players leadership group rules .
This isn’t the club of 15/20 years ago
This group from the top to bottom are building something really special so if shai ends up Fremantle next year
Wow I’m going to love watching him play
It’s going to be even better as he’s in purple !!!
It's hard to celebrate JT signing on until 2030 when we are pushing for players from other clubs to disregard their contracts. I think contracts just mean other clubs have to end up paying more, but it's the lack of respect for contracts that I find scary.

At least JT got it tattooed on his arm :)

Would WCE be looking hard at Bolton ?
Aside from their first pick, do they have anything - and would he fit their list from an age demographic?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think they have to decide if they are rebuilding or not. Richmond would be sacrificing Bolton to bring in players from the draft, so it would look insane for another 'rebuilding club' to give up their only cards.

If those two players are incoming the two players we might have on the table are Erasmus (who would be struggling for opportunity) and Switkowski (if the rumour he wanted to go home have substance).

Bolton:: pick 10 and Switkowski
- Richmond fill the gap Bolton would leave and grab a decent first rounder. An alternative player trade could be Murphy for no good reason apart from he may want to return home.

Warner: pick 6, 16 and Erasmus
- I don't think Sydney trade this year but that value looks ok to me.
Why trade Switta? He’s been great this year except he still can’t snap 30m.

Bolton comes in for Walters / Emmett and rotates thru the middle with Switta. We would be adding pace so I’m not trading pace out.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back