Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why trade Switta? He’s been great this year except he still can’t snap 30m.

Bolton comes in for Walters / Emmett and rotates thru the middle with Switta. We would be adding pace so I’m not trading pace out.
I don't think anybody wants to trade Switta - he is amazing! I think there's some concern about earlier rumours suggesting he wanted to go Victoria, but he might be loving the club too much to leave now?

I don't think anybody wants to trade Switta - he is amazing! I think there's some concern about earlier rumours suggesting he wanted to go Victoria, but he might be loving the club too much to leave now?
Contracted anyway so I’m not letting him go without someone’s F1.

It's hard to celebrate JT signing on until 2030 when we are pushing for players from other clubs to disregard their contracts. I think contracts just mean other clubs have to end up paying more, but it's the lack of respect for contracts that I find scary.

At least JT got it tattooed on his arm :)
Might be hard for you not for me.

Sorry for intrusion and might be off base here but in my opinion your list is almost ready for a full crack with the only weakness being small forward. I haven't followed this years draft but unless there is a gun small forward available to Freo I just don't see how it's not worth trading for Bolton for the right price. Definite upgrade on Shultz who you got a FRP for and you have improved whilst losing him. He is the kind of risk you just need to take if you think you're in the window and his best years should still be to come.

Why trade Switta? He’s been great this year except he still can’t snap 30m.

Bolton comes in for Walters / Emmett and rotates thru the middle with Switta. We would be adding pace so I’m not trading pace out.
We may need the cap space, no one wants to trade Switta. He has been really solid this year and has been loyal to the club. If we land Bolton hopefully we can fit Switta in the cap as well. Although saying that I'm not sure anyone would hesitate trading Switta to make the Bolton trade happen.

There is no way he even gets to Freo if he doesn’t meet the players leadership group rules .
This isn’t the club of 15/20 years ago
This group from the top to bottom are building something really special so if shai ends up Fremantle next year.
You raise a good point, the club has fkd up quite a few times trading in players in the past. If anyone wants to join, we need their complete buy-in. Don't want any mercenaries or players taking it easy.

Forget about Bolton and Warner we have a better solution courtesy of our friends down the road.

They are seriously deluded over there.

"As much as I love watching Ryan as an Eagle, I sense he will be best served in a team that is at pointy end. Freo have missed Walters and Schultz in their forward line and Ryan would fill some of that. Should they spend a R1 on him?

I would be asking the question if I was Freo's List Manager. If WCE are wanting Knobel as well as a R1 pick, it will be the Freo R1 unless we stump up some of Ryan's salary"

So someone over there thinks we should give them a R1 pick and Knobel for Liam Ryan and they pay part of his salary? 🤔 🤮

Thanks but no thanks.
i wouldn't even give an f2 for Ryan

States Freo are getting screwed on a deal for Bolton and Baker, which admittedly was shit….

Come up with this pearler:

“feel like Freo are getting seriously rooted in your 1st trade. Could do...

Trade 1

Fremantle get: Bolton + Baker + 41

Richmond receive: 7, 12, 25, Future 1st”

I will never be stoned enough to make sense of that

We may need the cap space, no one wants to trade Switta. He has been really solid this year and has been loyal to the club. If we land Bolton hopefully we can fit Switta in the cap as well. Although saying that I'm not sure anyone would hesitate trading Switta to make the Bolton trade happen.
Have you been watching Switta this season? he isn't just a forward, his defensive play has been incredible. Just because he doesn't run around doing cartwheels I think his efforts often go unnoticed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe I'm naive but when a guy who may have like to party has kid 1 with kid 2 on the way, they tend to straighten up a bit. Not that it's a big deal with Bolton anyway
not saying he is remotely like Ben Cousins, but it broke my heart when Ben couldn't get his life in order after he became a dad

So, ah…the Eagles are getting jack Graham?

Everyone just keep in mind that the current best two draft picks were bought with Schultz and two picks in the 30s.

So whatever we do with two first round picks, the end result is Schultz and 2x picks in the 30s for that outcome.
Who is Schultz. Is that the Richmond guy that went to Port?

Heard we were in to him at some point.

Don’t think cap space is an issue, everything reported the freo have plenty
Haven’t seen or anything about switta besides on here so I’d take it all with a pinch of salt until seen elsewhere

Last edited:
Everyone just keep in mind that the current best two draft picks were bought with Schultz and two picks in the 30s.

So whatever we do with two first round picks, the end result is Schultz and 2x picks in the 30s for that outcome.
And we also got Cooper Simpson back.

Not only the cap space, but we need to open some list spots too.

This Is True Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Pies pick if it’s inside 10 will be apart of it no matter what. Let’s say it’s pick 7, ports ends up 10, and ours 14-18 with saints 2nd at 22-24.

Bolton for 7 & our pick I think is fair - but contracted. Do we flip the 2nd rounder and add their 3rd back?

Bolton for 7 & 10 is also feasible but Richmond would have to be paying salary. Which could be attractive if we’re a legitimate chance for Warner. It may be overs, but it becomes worth it (even unders) as soon as a flag is delivered.

I have a lot of faith in our trading now, but Just get Bolton done Freo. What an unbelievable get that would be.

We’re plenty young.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back