Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I refuse to believe Darcy is not carrying an injury. Came off with a shoulder knock against eagles + they flew Reidy over. I don't think Reidy is at an age where they fly them home to see family like Cooper.

The 6 weeks or so before that and excluding the concussion he has been playing extremely well in specifically ruckwork which has been very impactful for us. Champion Data had him as the equal 3rd best ruck this year behind Gawn and Xerri. His marking has not been good this year though.

Yesterday he was disgracefully bad in everything but even in what he has been good at (ruckwork). Was monstered in the ruck which just doesn't usually happen to him. Looked like he had no will to compete. If he's not injured then the coaches need to fire a rocket up his ass
The reluctance not to play Reidy is actually getting aggravating, if not already.
Jackson should’ve rucked and have Reidy back up.
Essendon had Bryan as theirs. How is this not hard to understand?! Bryan rucked the majority, Draper was forward. Jackson didn’t even ruck v Bryan either. Something gives.

Teams don’t have second rucks. Throw Reidy in there as support/structure.

Darcy not being fit enough this year is 100% taking the piss. 6 years of this? No way

It just so happens that WC have already done that trade of 3 for 8 & 12 (close enough anyway) when they essentially traded Sheezel for Ginbey and Hewett. Whoops. This time the two later picks would have more value, as in 2022 there was a standout top 4 and then it dropped off rapidly.
Man they should of stuck with 3 and got Sheezel. Absolute gun

If I were Max Knobel I'd have spent the last two years asking to be made the biggest, strongest guy on the list and now to get as fit as possible to keep Darcy on his toes.
Doesn’t take much.
Just be fit and available, and coaches will finally realise Darcy is a liability and unfit, uncon half the time

If I were Max Knobel I'd have spent the last two years asking to be made the biggest, strongest guy on the list and now to get as fit as possible to keep Darcy on his toes.

SIX years looking awful for big Sean.

A big $$$ four-year deal would have been ok, but six is tough. Knobel looks like he could well be a lead ruckman in 3 years time but thats going to be tough with Darcy on the books.

SIX years looking awful for big Sean.

A big $$$ four-year deal would have been ok, but six is tough. Knobel looks like he could well be a lead ruckman in 3 years time but thats going to be tough with Darcy on the books.
Maybe they palm him off and pay part of his salary

Darcy clearly isn't 100% and hasn't been all year.

Dude needs to take his career seriously, have his best preseason and not get injured. Then we can see his best.

I think if Isiah Winder was on our list now, we would be calling for him to come into the 22. I would happily swap him for Emmett at the moment.

Surely, we should be looking at him if his off field stuff is under control.
Could have just been the ordinary WAFL coverage, but I thought he looked in similarly "good' shape to Darcy when I last saw him play.

He'll need to get on top of that if he wants to get drafted.

Dude needs to take his career seriously, have his best preseason and not get injured. Then we can see his best.

Could have just been the ordinary WAFL coverage, but I thought he looked in similarly "good' shape to Darcy when I last saw him play.

He'll need to get on top of that if he wants to get drafted.
Winder is carrying a knee, not training all sessions - getting surgery at the end of the season..

If we consider ourselves as sydney, will we be happy to get only one of O'Sullivan's,jagga smith or Lalor or get 3 out of Murphy Reid Harvey Langford Lalor Berry lindsay travaglia harry armstrong? Considering the evenness of the draft I would personally take the latter. The pick 3 trade is a rumour made by WCE fans itself to console themselves. Very unlikely.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Darcy has an injury. Not the first to say it but it needs to be said again because there’s a lot of pot shots being taken at him. Ultimately it’s on the MC for picking him over Reidy.

Posters having a go at Sean for not ‘taking his career seriously’ or thinking it’s as simple as him being out of shape need to get a grip.

Hopefully MC rectify it this week and we see Reidy debut.

I refuse to believe Darcy is not carrying an injury. Came off with a shoulder knock against eagles + they flew Reidy over. I don't think Reidy is at an age where they fly them home to see family like Cooper.

The 6 weeks or so before that and excluding the concussion he has been playing extremely well in specifically ruckwork which has been very impactful for us. Champion Data had him as the equal 3rd best ruck this year behind Gawn and Xerri. His marking has not been good this year though.

Yesterday he was disgracefully bad in everything but even in what he has been good at (ruckwork). Was monstered in the ruck which just doesn't usually happen to him. Looked like he had no will to compete. If he's not injured then the coaches need to fire a rocket up his ass
Yep,
Definitely carrying something. Wrong call to play him but easy in hindsight.

With this exit of experienced Richmond players likely, who are they going to pay?

There’s a strong chance they cover a percentage of Bolton’s contract to access as many high picks as possible. Those details will remain somewhat of a mystery.

Hypothetically say Bolton is on $1million over next 4 years. I can see a 5 year deal at say $4.6, Richmond cover $1.6 of that over a 3-5 year period. We give up 2 best firsts and get a future 3rd back.

Then I can see a poorly worded headline to which the masses don’t understand the intricacies of the deal and seemingly we were dudded.

Richmond paying part of his contract will have to form a big part of this deal going down. Essentially that’s what we’ll be paying for. Part Bolton, part payment to allow us to still go fishing.
Yep ia agree. I rate Bolton but his pay is reportedly 1.1 million in 2024 according to an afl.com.au article talking about the highest paid players in 2024. Maybe the contract goes down after this year but I'd pay two firsts if we could get his contract at say 800K a year with Richmond paying the rest.

Yep ia agree. I rate Bolton but his pay is reportedly 1.1 million in 2024 according to an afl.com.au article talking about the highest paid players in 2024. Maybe the contract goes down after this year but I'd pay two firsts if we could get his contract at say 800K a year with Richmond paying the rest.

If anything, Richmond would have back ended the deal. Hard to imagine a club in the premiership window having spare salary cap space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy has an injury. Not the first to say it but it needs to be said again because there’s a lot of pot shots being taken at him. Ultimately it’s on the MC for picking him over Reidy.

Posters having a go at Sean for not ‘taking his career seriously’ or thinking it’s as simple as him being out of shape need to get a grip.

Geelong don’t have a second ruck. Surely just roll the dice with Reidy and Jackson.

Geelong don’t have a second ruck. Surely just roll the dice with Reidy and Jackson.
I'd go Voss and Jackson as rucks so yeah I agree Darcy does look like he needs a break for a week. Geelong play two very mobile rucks. Jackson 80% and Voss 20% works out better for mine. Voss does have a massive leap. He's rucked a bit at Peel in recent times.

I'd go Voss and Jackson as rucks. Geelong play two very mobile rucks. Jackson 80% and Voss 20% works out better for mine. Voss does have a massive leap. He's rucked a bit at Peel in recent times.

Is DeKoning likely to be out?

Fully acknowledge the interrupted season, and at the risk of sounding like Kane by saying this - but the eyesight test tells you he could probably tidy up aspects around his conditioning outside of getting on the park

Just get rid of him.
Ivan and his lush mullet steaming up & down Optus is what we wanna see.

Part of his new deal is that he regrows it
Obviously

I think Sean Darcy is one solid preseason away from winning us a flag, this is why I was talking about preparing for next year now, if that means playing him then play, if it means training outside of playing then do that. We want him playing 25 top quality games in 2025.

I'd go Voss and Jackson as rucks so yeah I agree Darcy does look like he needs a break for a week. Geelong play two very mobile rucks. Jackson 80% and Voss 20% works out better for mine. Voss does have a massive leap. He's rucked a bit at Peel in recent times.
Geelong don't actually have any rucks, they have two players who pretend to be rucks.

I don't see the point in having backup rucks and depth in that department if you're not going to play them when your first choice ruck isn't match fit.

Real question is if Reidy debuts, do you start him straight in the ruck or does Jackson start in the middle?

I don't see the point in having backup rucks and depth in that department if you're not going to play them when your first choice ruck isn't match fit.

Real question is if Reidy debuts, do you start him straight in the ruck or does Jackson start in the middle?
I’d start him straight up in the ruck. Leaves Jackson as part of triple J.

Bullshit, he has had 8 preseasons now, ok maybe he is currently playing with an injury, that does not mean he hasnt been taking the piss with his fitness until now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back