Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullshit, he has had 8 preseasons now, ok maybe he is currently playing with an injury, that does not mean he hasnt been taking the piss with his fitness until now.

How many of his preseasons have been interrupted?

I think it's all of them.

Probably should have taken that into account when we have him a deal to 2030.

In that he was already one of the most influential players on the list and still had room to improve after being locked in.

He's carried that knee for years and years and years. Now it's fixed. I don't want him to bring something new into preseason for 2025

Considering Fyfe is 33, is everyone still saying recruiting another mid with one of those first rounders is a silly idea?

I am not for one second saying small forward isn't our biggest need but from where I'm sitting if we use four top 30 picks one of them should be a midfielder capable of playing inside. Ideally they'd be capable of playing outside too but seriously we've got too many talls and no enough mids on our list.
Wouldn't be the worst idea but we are getting Chad no?

One guys I wouldn’t be against getting as a Fyfe replacement would be Setterfield. Can play wing and inside and a big bodied defensive mid that would be very cheap to get

Richmond and baker agree to tear up the contract.

We offer a contract that nets them a free agency band 1 compo.

We give them the pies pick for baker and for them to pay his salary.

Get Warner with left overs.

Right???

One guys I wouldn’t be against getting as a Fyfe replacement would be Setterfield. Can play wing and inside and a big bodied defensive mid that would be very cheap to get

Pretty sure he’s just like Will Brodie tbh. Not good enough to play in a premiership side but too good to not be on an AFL list somewhere.

Wouldn’t be against it if say Brodie and Erasmus bother requested trades and Essendon was about to delist Setterfield. The reason I say Essendon being about to delist him is I don’t see him being best 22 here so if Essendon want to keep him as depth he’s just in the same situation as he was at Essendon - if nothings changing for him I can’t see him leaving.

Lord Meek is playing @ deadset AA quality this year and we are hoping the pudgy slow injury prone bloke we backed in for a huge 6 year deal can get through his first ever preseason 8 years into his career

Just Freo doing Freo things

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
The sky is falling, look out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been a staunch Darcy & Jackson together works guy…

Had my First waver of doubt yesterday. Not ready to jump off yet, and I think Darcy looks unfit, but man.. need a lot more.

19 marks from Darcy in 12 games is brutal. Giving us minimum around the ground atm.
I thought we all agreed to use common sense and realise that we're not going to get a proper look at Darcy/Jackson this year when Darcy is coming from so far back. Surgery, then injury interrupted pre-season, the another surgery, misses a chunk of time, another injury, few concussions, and whatever tf he's carrying now. How the **** is he supposed to be in peak physical condition when he's been off legs for such an extended period of time.

Sean Darcy was still fat when he won our b&f in 2021, and was still fat in every single good game he's played since them (and there's been a lot of them).

How dare we let Meek leave the year after Darcy won our b&f and we just traded in one of the best young ruck prospects in the league. **** me some of you just love to sook about everything without using an ounce of common sense to think about what you're saying.

Even with all the setbacks this year I think we can all agree that big Darcy is in terrible shape for a professional athlete. How many years has he been in the system? 7? The amount of time he's missed this year makes staying on top of his diet and preparation even more important. His game could go to another level if he got chiselled and lowered his body fat %. Probably get injured less too with less impact on his knees and ankles.

To be clear I rate him. Firmly in the don't trade him camp but he needs to lift his standards. He's got his bag now it's time to pull his head in.

Also if Reidy were any good he would have debuted by now. Obviously a massive gap between Darcy, Jackson and the depth players.

Even with all the setbacks this year I think we can all agree that big Darcy is in terrible shape for a professional athlete. How many years has he been in the system? 7? The amount of time he's missed this year makes staying on top of his diet and preparation even more important. His game could go to another level if he got chiselled and lowered his body fat %. Probably get injured less too with less impact on his knees and ankles.

To be clear I rate him. Firmly in the don't trade him camp but he needs to lift his standards. He's got his bag now it's time to pull his head in.

Also if Reidy were any good he would have debuted by now. Obviously a massive gap between Darcy, Jackson and the depth players.
He's a professional athlete. He eats what he's told to eat, exercises what he's told to exercise. It's not like he's going out living this really unhealthy lifestyle. He's just a massive bloke and genetics no doubt play a part in it. It's wrong to criticise him for being unfit and lazy when you don't know just how much he does behind the scenes. I'm sure if it was a simple task to lower his body fat % then our s&c would have got him on a program already to do that.

And also the people who have a go at him for just getting off the beers now is ridiculous. Almost every AFL player will be on the beers, and almost every player will have limited drinks during the season. It's not like he was ridiculously unhealthy before that just because he did what every other AFL player does.

Richmond and baker agree to tear up the contract.

We offer a contract that nets them a free agency band 1 compo.

We give them the pies pick for baker and for them to pay his salary.

Get Warner with left overs.

Right???
Baker is only just a small upgrade on Aish, no way should we give a first round pick for him.if need be get three kids in and hope for a Sheezel type

Darcy reminds me of Zion Williamson in the NBA. They are so heavy that it results in leg injuries from trying to carry too much mass. It's a bit of a vicious circle though ... once they are so big, it is harder to do the training required to drop the weight without causing injuries.

Baker is only just a small upgrade on Aish, no way should we give a first round pick for him.if need be get three kids in and hope for a Sheezel type
1) that entire post was alternate reality type stuff just because.

2) in this non-sensical version of events, we pay the first rounder for baker, because we only pay salary for Bolton. So it’s 1x first for both players.

Darcy is carrying a knee injury that restricts his training in week, the strapping looks like a mattress.. he is getting jabbed each week but it wears off by three quarter time .. hence his poor last quarter.. watched him in the captains run in Melbourne before the game and he appeared to have a limp the day before the game.. others noticed and asked Liam Reidy if he was playing.. he just smiled and said he was ready when he gets the call up.. TBH Darcy shouldn’t have played the game.. poor performance ruins reputation.. only weeks ago he put Melbourne to the sword where they didn’t win a clearance.. just needs some improvement in knee and solid training to get him back into best form

He's a professional athlete. He eats what he's told to eat, exercises what he's told to exercise. It's not like he's going out living this really unhealthy lifestyle. He's just a massive bloke and genetics no doubt play a part in it. It's wrong to criticise him for being unfit and lazy when you don't know just how much he does behind the scenes. I'm sure if it was a simple task to lower his body fat % then our s&c would have got him on a program already to do that.

And also the people who have a go at him for just getting off the beers now is ridiculous. Almost every AFL player will be on the beers, and almost every player will have limited drinks during the season. It's not like he was ridiculously unhealthy before that just because he did what every other AFL player does.

You don’t know that!
There is stacks of examples of players not following s&c or their nutrition plans. And they do usually follow a big pay day. Not saying Darcy isn’t, couuuuld just be his genetics.

Tbf
The jersey really does him no favors.
I stood next to him at the shops a few weeks ago and thought he is much fitter looking in the flesh.

Last edited:
Darcy is carrying a knee injury that restricts his training in week, the strapping looks like a mattress.. he is getting jabbed each week but it wears off by three quarter time .. hence his poor last quarter.. watched him in the captains run in Melbourne before the game and he appeared to have a limp the day before the game.. others noticed and asked Liam Reidy if he was playing.. he just smiled and said he was ready when he gets the call up.. TBH Darcy shouldn’t have played the game.. poor performance ruins reputation.. only weeks ago he put Melbourne to the sword where they didn’t win a clearance.. just needs some improvement in knee and solid training to get him back into best form

Well this in itself is concerning. Obviously a 70% fit Darcy is better than a 100% fit Reidy. Thats not even the question. The question would be around longer term damage etc.

It’s a risk v reward game.

I still think he was concussed against the Eagles.

Anyway, let’s just smash Geelong!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back