• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You don’t know that!
There is stacks of examples of players not following s&c or their nutrition plans. And they do usually follow a big pay day. Not saying Darcy isn’t, couuuuld just be his genetics.

Tbf
The jersey really does him no favors.
I stood next to him at the shops a few weeks ago and thought he is much fitter looking in the flesh.
I don't think there's ever been any questions about Darcy's professionalism. They always spoke of him being one of the guys that would rock up to the club really early to get extra reps in.

Is there any more info you can provide on alleged pick swap with Eagles?
Nah, that's all I was given. If you go through the WC board, you can probably find more on it. It sounds like a lot there are saying it (but one of the better ones reached out about it). Dude was adamant Warner is absolutely in play this year though

I was feeling the stirring of anger at people turning on Darcy till I saw the usernames and returned to zen like calm: Ones that can safely be disregarded.

Christ just in the last 6 weeks with no preseason, carrying an injury and clearly carrying an additional fresh injury from the West Coast game (which is on him and the MC for playing him to fair) he has handed two of the best rucks their arse on a platter in the Grundy and Witts and bashed up Gawn only few weeks earlier. His best is best in the comp and he is ours. But no, lets trade him for high picks because (not at all cognitively dissonant) he's fat and shit.

Nah, that's all I was given. If you go through the WC board, you can probably find more on it. It sounds like a lot there are saying it (but one of the better ones reached out about it). Dude was adamant Warner is absolutely in play this year though
Warner in play for either us or WC ?
I heard about the Barrass thing a couple of months back - real need for the Swans in defence.
But would the Barrass move be part of the Eagles landing Warner or assisting with draft currency ?
I did think the Hawks move made a bit of sense with a swap and pick of Grainger- Barrass.
I reckon English is a big one for the Eagles, can’t see Warner going there with Graham from Richmond as well as Baker likely- that is a pretty stacked midfield to accompany- Reid, Yeo and Kelly - add Hewitt who looks like a player….
Can’t see how Warner really is a need now?

Warner in play for either us or WC ?
I heard about the Barrass thing a couple of months back - real need for the Swans in defence.
But would the Barrass move be part of the Eagles landing Warner or assisting with draft currency ?
I did think the Hawks move made a bit of sense with a swap and pick of Grainger- Barrass.
I reckon English is a big one for the Eagles, can’t see Warner going there with Graham from Richmond as well as Baker likely- that is a pretty stacked midfield to accompany- Reid, Yeo and Kelly - add Hewitt who looks like a player….
Can’t see how Warner really is a need now?
I would be beyond stunned if Warner or Bolton went there. They are comfortable letting Barrass go for picks, and picks are cheapest way to bring in talent. It's borderline insane they are going to shell out a top 20 pick for Baker with where they are at, yet lone going after Warner or Bolton.

Plus, Warner really is very tight with his East Freo mates and likes winning.

I was feeling the stirring of anger at people turning on Darcy till I saw the usernames and returned to zen like calm: Ones that can safely be disregarded.

Christ just in the last 6 weeks with no preseason, carrying an injury and clearly carrying an additional fresh injury from the West Coast game (which is on him and the MC for playing him to fair) he has handed two of the best rucks their arse on a platter in the Grundy and Witts and bashed up Gawn only few weeks earlier. His best is best in the comp and he is ours. But no, lets trade him for high picks because (not at all cognitively dissonant) he's fat and shit.

I mean… what picks you think we could get?

Picks great be for Barrass and a bounty of picks back for Warner??
Mills replaces Warner surely- take the picks and cash in ?
Then how do we do Bolton ?

If Sydney can get Barrass for Warner is that enough for them?

Freo then only need to pay some first round picks to WC, and they were talking about a first and a second, to satisfy them.

We will still have two or three firsts after. Or do we also send them a player?

It could be a win for everyone except Sydney but they still get to pay Barrass with the Warner money for 2025.

Barrass to Sydney is exactly what we want for Warner to Freo.

100%

3 team trade.
Freo gain Warner, 19 give 8 and 16
Eagles gain 8, 16, give Barrass 23
Swans gain Barrass, 23 give Warner, 19

This values Warner at ~ pick 7
This values Barrass at ~ pick 6

Some future pick upgrades swaps etc.

Regardless of the actual deal, Barrass selecting Swans means they may need to move Chad or would certainly be more open to it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Sydney can get Barrass for Warner is that enough for them?

Freo then only need to pay some first round picks to WC, and they were talking about a first and a second, to satisfy them.

We will still have two or three firsts after. Or do we also send them a player?

It could be a win for everyone except Sydney but they still get to pay Barrass with the Warner money for 2025.

Erasmus would come under consideration surely. Former Eagle NGA. Would gain playing time. Depends how much we rate him internally but adding Warner would push him out further even with retirees of Fyfe and Jon down the line.

Only concern is that we still don't have a small forward if we get Warner. He no doubt will make us a better side but not having a small forward has really cost us this season.

Barrass to Sydney and Warner only coming to Freo opens up the possibility for Fremantle to add both Warner and Bolton to the side for 2025.

It would be "all in" for 2025

Barrass to Sydney and Warner only coming to Freo opens up the possibility for Fremantle to add both Warner and Bolton to the side for 2025.

It would be "all in" for 2025
Barrass to Sydney just opens up the opportunity to get Warner, it's not going to make him cheap enough to get both. We can not get both Bolton and Warner without giving up someone valuable.

Disagree. We essentially have 4 firsts.

2 for Warner. 2 for Bolton. No one costs more than that.
Uncontracted, probably. Contracted, neither Swans or Richmond are picking up the phone without a top 10 as part of the deal and are going to demand the world because we have the world. Neither is letting their star go without getting the best two firsts included.

It is just never going to happen

Barrass to Sydney just opens up the opportunity to get Warner, it's not going to make him cheap enough to get both. We can not get both Bolton and Warner without giving up someone valuable.

See my prior trade hypothetical. Tell me where am I dreaming? It’s reasonable for all 3 teams?

If that scenario played out we’d still have our middle first ~ 13 plus a downgraded first ~ 19 coming back from the Swans.

13 and 19 would have to be looked at by Richmond and we’d still have the future 1st.

How would that work though?

Tom Barrass contracted for a long time and Warner contracted for the single year but younger make them fairly evenly valued in my view - we only need to satisfy WC in trade for Barrass and they are looking for picks for him.

Sydney have picks #18, 19 and then #56. They aren't giving WC a great deal there.
Freo currently has #8, #13, #16 and #24

I'd argue that #13 and our future first are better than the entire Swans hand this year and maybe next included too.

If WC are content with pick #13 and the future first then we have #8, #16 and #24 to trade for Bolton coming home for family reasons.

Uncontracted, probably. Contracted, neither Swans or Richmond are picking up the phone without a top 10 as part of the deal and are going to demand the world because we have the world. Neither is letting their star go without getting the best two firsts included.

It is just never going to happen

If Swans want Barrass who is contracted for 3 years what are they going to pay Eagles??
They’ll use our pick 8.

Seriously, look at my trade scenario and point out where it will fall over.

Tom Barrass contracted for a long time and Warner contracted for the single year but younger make them fairly evenly valued in my view - we only need to satisfy WC in trade for Barrass and they are looking for picks for him.

Sydney have picks #18, 19 and then #56. They aren't giving WC a great deal there.
Freo currently has #8, #13, #16 and #24

I'd argue that #13 and our future first are better than the entire Swans hand this year and maybe next included too.

If WC are content with pick #13 and the future first then we have #8, #16 and #24 to trade for Bolton coming home for family reasons.
Warner & Barrass even in value? Nah, not with six years difference in age.

If Swans want Barrass who is contracted for 3 years what are they going to pay Eagles??
They’ll use our pick 8.

Seriously, look at my trade scenario and point out where it will fall over.
Swans are not letting Chad Warner go without getting our best two firsts, and they are definitely not giving 19 back. 40 something if you're lucky. Similarly, the moment you trade the top 10, Richmond, say get ****ed, I'm not losing Bolton without a top 10.

Maybe there is like a 5% chance if both us and Pies (cant believe ****ing Port won the last two weeks) miss finals but it's still not happening because they are contracted.

This all assumes we can fit like $2.2m into cap in one hit which I still struggle to believe.

Never has a team added two talents like Warner and Bolton at once, yet alone when both contracted and we can do a million hypotheticals but barring one of the two telling their club they are returning to WA and not coming back then there's just no chance

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back