• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Delist with an x
Banfield and Sturt we should re-sign ASAP.

Drizz, Knobel and Stanley too…kuek and Emmett? In danger imo.
Williams doesnt really count unless they are picking up Bizzell (NGA) or one of the Irish guys. They changed the rookie rules as well remember so he can sit not taking up a list spot unless there is a Cat B we like more for up to 5 years

Get out the violines, we're back to this draft again.

Imagine if we had of had Ben King in our side. He would have kicked 2.2 instead of the 4 straight Amiss did on the weekend and we would have lost by 2 goals.

Rozee would have already asked for a trade back to SA and we wouldn't have the currency this year to bring in Bolton or Warner or maybe even both.

Our drafting, development and list decisions have been fantastic since that offseason. Without a big stuff up like Hogan that we are actually getting our currency back for this year, maybe we don't improve to the level we have. It's not a finished product but you're basically complaining about the color of your new Ferrari and the way it drives around a built up area before you have even taken it out for a proper drive.

Yeah I reckon that off season shambles was the making of us. Learning the lesson from that mess ended the quick hit rewire / restump strategy and set us on our current path

Yeah I reckon that off season shambles was the making of us. Learning the lesson from that mess ended the quick hit rewire / restump strategy and set us on our current path
Hopefully we are saying the same thing about the Essendon loss in October.

I Hope Please GIF

We still have 4 picks in the first 30.

Not sure how we make space, unless other players are leaving. Maybe players like Brodie, Banfield, Sturt etc are leaving.

Sounds like someone else offered a contract to him, and we didn't want to lose him.

Out of contract players
Ethan Stanley
Conrad Williams
Sebit Kuek
Bailey Banfield
Nathan O'Driscoll
Max Knobel
Matt Taberner
Josh Corbett
Tom Emmett
Ethan Hughes
Sam Sturt

If tabs wants to stay and no one offers, wouldn’t be the worst to have an experienced fwd on the list. Plays at peel all year unless there’s injuries. 1 year deal.

Easy signs - Sturt Driz Banfield Emmett (even tho not a fan) & Knobel

Delist - Hughes Corbett Sebit Williams Stanley (prob depends on how many are traded in and what picks left)

Should be offering up Brodie in the Bolton/Baker deal

Stanley was plucked form the VFL half a season after he made the step up from ammos. He lacks the conditioning needed so far to play at AFL level and has had an injury interrupted season. He is a slow burn and was always going to be. The club would have drafted him knowing that so they won't delist him.

Stanley was plucked form the VFL half a season after he made the step up from ammos. He lacks the conditioning needed so far to play at AFL level and has had an injury interrupted season. He is a slow burn and was always going to be. The club would have drafted him knowing that so they won't delist him.
I wouldn't bet on this.

The maths doesn't quite work unless we're delisting/trading players that've played 10+ games this season. We haven't done it in some time but we've delisted rookie-listed project players who've been on the list for less time than Stanley has.

Didn't Stanley have a serious ankle injury this year. So is he lacking condition or skill? Did Walls get this one wrong.
Look at who was selected in that MSD. Walls selected what he could - he can't create a player that isn't there.

There's not a single player taken after Stanley I'd want on our list.

Last edited:
Some of kicks are sublime. He has dropped off a bit in terms of possessions but he has had an injury interrupted year. He started late show some good form and then got injured again and missed another chunk of footy. Even in the recent games where has only had around 15 possessions some of his kicks are just awesome low bullets. He nearly pulled one off going i50 along the boundary to one of our forwards but just went out of bounds. Was an amazing kick out in front of the forward. Has also pulled off some nice switch kicks.

He and NOD are definitely worth re-signing from what I’ve seen after tough injury years.

Corbett, Tabs, Hughes will be likely cuts
From main list. Possibly trade Brodie.

Doesn’t look like too much change from Rookie list but we need to make room for Voss. I’d say Worner is on thin ice and unlucky to be honest. A decision on Seb Kuek. Good that they released him from LT injury list to give him a decent shot at earning a new contract.

I’m not sure about Conrad Williams (Rookie B) or Jack Delearn (Primary list).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of kicks are sublime. He has dropped off a bit in terms of possessions but he has had an injury interrupted year. He started late show some good form and then got injured again and missed another chunk of footy. Even in the recent games where has only had around 15 possessions some of his kicks are just awesome low bullets. He nearly pulled one off going i50 along the boundary to one of our forwards but just went out of bounds. Was an amazing kick out in front of the forward. Has also pulled off some nice switch kicks.

He and NOD are definitely worth re-signing from what I’ve seen after tough injury years.

Corbett, Tabs, Hughes will be likely cuts
From main list. Possibly trade Brodie.

Doesn’t look like too much change from Rookie list but we need to make room for Voss. I’d say Worner is on thin ice and unlucky to be honest. A decision on Seb Kuek. Good that they released him from LT injury list to give him a decent shot at earning a new contract.

I’m not sure about Conrad Williams (Rookie B) or Jack Delearn (Primary list).
Worner and Declean have contracts for next season.

We literally have to delist four players (not including Williams) and that's before considering the draft picks we currently have. Trade in players and that number only increases.

I don't know what the club is thinking but there isn't many out of contract players once you re-sign the obvious ones and we need to delist someone.

If we can keep guys on the rookie list longer then it takes a lot of pressure off.
Worner is the interesting one. Obviously we technically don't need to upgrade him under AFL rules but what was agreed with him in his contract extension last year (i.e. before those rules existed) will probably be honoured I'd say.

Worner is the interesting one. Obviously we technically don't need to upgrade him under AFL rules but what was agreed with him in his contract extension last year (i.e. before those rules existed) will probably be honoured I'd say.
I'd be shocked if we upgrade him now (unless he plays 3 games to finish the season)

Also confirmation that cat b players can only stay for 3 years, then the final 2 years of rookie (pending games played) will be upgraded to cat A list

I think we knew this but it's been confirmed
I didnt know this, that would give Conrad one more year right?

I'd be shocked if we upgrade him now (unless he plays 3 games to finish the season)
If it was purely a decision for now I'd agree but a contract extension last year would've been done on the assumption he was getting upgraded.

Depends if the club has made a commitment to do so. Going against such commitment (if it exists) is as likely as us delisting a contracted player and not placing them on the rookie list.

For mine, the easy delists are Corbett, Kuek, Taberner, Hughes. There's 4. And possibly Reidy to if that news of an extension was wrong. Emmett and Stanley are touch and go. And that's before we hear about anyone contracted looking elsewhere e.g. Brodie., or players we don't want to lose looking elsewhere e.g. Sturt/Banfield. It's piss easy IMHO to make list space for our picks and/or a big fish or 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back