Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Earlier this year, I was chips in on getting Lukoscious. I think it was the Geelong game where he kicked 5 straight and he looked like a world beater.

Since then he has been pretty invisible and seems on the way out at GC. He's an amazing kick but he plays too small and doesn't influence the game enough. He hasn't lived up to the pick 2 hype.

The media didn't report on the Schultz trade request until it was announced.
To be fair i think the Schultz rumours were in front of our eyes. I uber as a 2nd job and i ubered will schofield and when we started talking footy i said Shultz was my favorite player he said hmmmm watch the podcase episode with him heavily hinting he wanted to leave

Earlier this year, I was chips in on getting Lukoscious. I think it was the Geelong game where he kicked 5 straight and he looked like a world beater.

Since then he has been pretty invisible and seems on the way out at GC. He's an amazing kick but he plays too small and doesn't influence the game enough. He hasn't lived up to the pick 2 hype.
I think it’s because he’s at GC. Watch him set the world on fire when he’s at a proper club.

For a player with his level of talent he's been terrible. He needs a new home. Id still love to have him but I cant see that happening.

For a player with his level of talent he's been terrible. He needs a new home. Id still love to have him but I cant see that happening.
I feel like there are very few players who shine after not being developed very well or not coming on. It’s different if they don’t get opportunity or there are off field distractions.

I recon Lukoscious falls into that and he wouldn’t make it in our team anyway. He needs a team who he can easily be best 22 every week.

What's the knock on Lukosius... no defensive game?

Edit: Found this on the trade board;
'As someone who watches the suns every week. There’s a reason he’s being dropped and shopped. Can’t mark, can’t tackle. Doesn’t apply pressure. Doesn’t work hard. Far too often gets lost. Is an elite kick. But not an elite set shot. Gets most of his goals running out the back. I’m tanking his value here. But if we get anything close to a late first we’ve robbed someone.'

Last edited:
He's lazy and a bit of a squib. Squib might be a bit harsh but it is fair to say there is a large gap between his level of contest and Amiss even. He's nowhere near Treacy in that regard.

You wouldn't get him to play key, you'd play him 3rd or 4th as a link player. Highly doubt JL would be interested on account of the lack of defense.

I feel like there are very few players who shine after not being developed very well or not coming on. It’s different if they don’t get opportunity or there are off field distractions.

I recon Lukoscious falls into that and he wouldn’t make it in our team anyway. He needs a team who he can easily be best 22 every week.
It was only 2022 Lukosius kicked 39 goals despite spending part of the year in defence. If he could put on 5-7kgs he would be a key forward in modern football. In my opinion he should be on every clubs trade radar as he'll be a bargain if he's allowed to play and develop into a role where he spends all his time forward but alternating between a deep forward and a roaming role. I think for us he would be huge as he'd allow us to play Jackson in multiple roles including midfield time. While he could play up the ground as a roaming half forward (eg the Walters role) with Cyclone, Amiss and Jackson deep forward too. I'd glady trade our first pick if he was available even if thats a top 7 pick as I think with a new home (he is contracted) Lukoscious will star. An absolute gun.

Last edited:
He's lazy and a bit of a squib. Squib might be a bit harsh but it is fair to say there is a large gap between his level of contest and Amiss even. He's nowhere near Treacy in that regard.

You wouldn't get him to play key, you'd play him 3rd or 4th as a link player. Highly doubt JL would be interested on account of the lack of defense.
I'd be very tempted but yeah, the pressure up front is already a bit of a struggle and not sure turning Sturt into Luko helps that. If you could get him going there is an absolute weapon there.

Sounds like Crows are all over it anyway.

I'd be very tempted but yeah, the pressure up front is already a bit of a struggle and not sure turning Sturt into Luko helps that. If you could get him going there is an absolute weapon there.

Sounds like Crows are all over it anyway.
Our pressure in the forward line is elite already. Luko has terrific speed so he'd only add to our pressure and he was a contested marking beast at junior level. I think he'd be the same at AFL if GC hadn't played him all over the field and he'd put on 5kgs of muscle. It was only 2022 that Luko was considered an elite contested mark. In my opinion he's the best untapped player in the comp in terms of potential. We would only have to have 2022 Luko to massively improve our Premiership chances. I think he would excel both deep forward and in a roaming role while Jackson would become an absolute weapon rotating forward, ruck and midfield.

Last edited:
Our pressure in the forward line is elite already. Luko was a contested marking beast at junior level. I think he'dbe the same at AFL if GC hadn't played him all over the field and he'd put on 5kgs of muscle. It was only 2022 that Luko was considered an elite contested mark. In my opinion he's the best untapped player in the comp in terms of potential. We would only have to have 2022 Luko to massively improve our Premiership chances. I think he would excel both deep forward and in a roaming role while Jackson would be a weapon rotating forward, ruck and midfield.
what is that based off? were about middle of the road for Tackles i50 and just from the eye test i dont think its a partiular strength of ours especially when were playing switta and treacy up the ground a bit. maybe a bit of recency bias with the dons game in mind though

Our pressure in the forward line is elite already. Luko was a contested marking beast at junior level. I think he'dbe the same at AFL if GC hadn't played him all over the field and he'd put on 5kgs of muscle. It was only 2022 that Luko was considered an elite contested mark. In my opinion he's the best untapped player in the comp in terms of potential. We would only have to have 2022 Luko to massively improve our Premiership chances. I think he would excel both deep forward and in a roaming role while Jackson would be a weapon rotating forward, ruck and midfield.
He's not coming to WA, we're not missing out one of Bolton, Baker or Warner for him either.

Due to his high draft pick and glimpses, he will still cost for a bit. He's not last chance saloon yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not coming to WA, we're not missing out one of Bolton, Baker or Warner for him either.

Due to his high draft pick and glimpses, he will still cost for a bit. He's not last chance saloon yet.
I agree its unlikely. What Im saying is that he has truly elite potential and I'd trade our first pick in the draft for him in a second. Who's knows. He could be best mates with Sharpy and who could talk him into coming based on our prospects in the next few years. If possible I'd rather him than Bolton based on his potential. I know I'd be in the minority but its also based on how we keep everyone if we bring in Bolton in terms of salary plus the draft capital we'd have to give up to get Bolton compared to Luko.

Our pressure in the forward line is elite already. Luko has terrific speed so he'd only add to our pressure and he was a contested marking beast at junior level. I think he'd be the same at AFL if GC hadn't played him all over the field and he'd put on 5kgs of muscle. It was only 2022 that Luko was considered an elite contested mark. In my opinion he's the best untapped player in the comp in terms of potential. We would only have to have 2022 Luko to massively improve our Premiership chances. I think he would excel both deep forward and in a roaming role while Jackson would become an absolute weapon rotating forward, ruck and midfield.
Similar to Mags, elite based off what? Two of our "smalls" had one genuine tackle (I'll count the one Emmett got done for) between them last week. It's far from elite IMO. Luko might have speed but that only matters if you want to put the effort in and he's hardly doing that.

All redundant anyway and like I said, I do necessarily thinks it's a bad idea but I think you're drawing a long bow on some of these points.

I agree its unlikely. What Im saying is that he has truly elite potential and I'd trade our first pick in the draft for him in a second. Who's knows. He could be best mates with Sharpy and who could talk him into coming based on our prospects in the next few years. If possible I'd rather him than Bolton based on his potential. I know I'd be in the minority but its also based on how we keep everyone if we bring in Bolton in terms of salary plus the draft capital we'd have to give up to get Bolton compared to Luko.
honestly i think sturt is a better version of whatever potential luko has, he also brings more physicallity than luko. where would we even play him? would you take him over sturt?

would you take him over sturt?
Sturt 189cm vs Lukosius 195cm
Different players, but in theory Jlo could coach the flaws out of Jacks game the same way he did Sam.

Looking at other boards, nearly everyone is frothing over the chance of nabbing Lukosius, but it seems like his logical destination will be South Australia.

It's not just unlikely, it's got zero chance. His best role is still probably 3rd Tall and we have three Tall forwards who are younger, all ready signed long term and have more potential in the triple J's. Even if he only cost what Baker does, we would not risk it as there is a chance he doesn't fit into our team if he can't find a new role besides 3rd tall. Meanwhile other clubs are lining up who need 3rd Talls and they can also hope he has a backup role if they can't turn him around.

It's not just unlikely, it's got zero chance. His best role is still probably 3rd Tall and we have three Tall forwards who are younger, all ready signed long term and have more potential in the triple J's. Even if he only cost what Baker does, we would not risk it as there is a chance he doesn't fit into our team if he can't find a new role besides 3rd tall. Meanwhile other clubs are lining up who need 3rd Talls and they can also hope he has a backup role if they can't turn him around.

If we brought him in, it would have to be to play wing. Not sure what his aerobic capacity is, but if he could run hard enough to get the ball, then his kicking could cut teams apart.

Agree, he won't make it in our forward line. Jackson, Treacy and Amiss all in front of him, and not agile enough to play as a 4th tall.

Jack lukosius?

May aswell try and entice Liam Henry back if we’re going to start targeting underperforming high draft picks who sleep with the lights on

Similar to Mags, elite based off what? Two of our "smalls" had one genuine tackle (I'll count the one Emmett got done for) between them last week. It's far from elite IMO. Luko might have speed but that only matters if you want to put the effort in and he's hardly doing that.

All redundant anyway and like I said, I do necessarily thinks it's a bad idea but I think you're drawing a long bow on some of these points.
I don't. Our forward pressure is calculated on way more than just tackles and yes its been elite most of the year in the forward half. If you remove Banfield and replace him with Luko our forward pressure improves. Ive seen your views as being a long bow plenty of times without feeling a need to post thats my view. Put 2022 Luko into our 2025 forward line and we score more than this year. He's absolutely elite when playing at full fitness.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back