Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The point is that if you want a contracted player , you need to pay overs.
He would give you a definate shot at a flag.
Draft picks 7 and 12 are equvalent to pick 2 by the draft calculator.
We would probably consider that but nothing less I reckon.
Bolton and management are the ones exploring for an avenue back to WA not the other way round. Your 2nd point, Bolton has 2 flags and is looking for family support. Pass. Holding out for Warner.

When you get bonafide guns like Treacy and others with late/rookie picks you can afford to cash some first rounders
Yep, even with our drafting being as good as it is, we still ended up with Ras as a pick 10 unable to break into a regular b22 3 years after drafting him, I’m not calling him a bust yet, but just because you take someone in the 1st round doesn’t mean they’ll contribute in their first 3-4 years.

Yep, even with our drafting being as good as it is, we still ended up with Ras as a pick 10 unable to break into a regular b22 3 years after drafting him, I’m not calling him a bust yet, but just because you take someone in the 1st round doesn’t mean they’ll contribute in their first 3-4 years.

Our genuine guns other than Treacy and perhaps Darcy, Ryan and Cox on their day are all first round draft picks.

We killed it in 2016 and got lucky with Treacy in a Covid year but otherwise good late picks have been adding mature agers that had a clear path to the best 22.

Our genuine guns other than Treacy and perhaps Darcy, Ryan and Cox on their day are all first round draft picks.

We killed it in 2016 and got lucky with Treacy in a Covid year but otherwise good late picks have been adding mature agers that had a clear path to the best 22.
Not convinced, we are lamenting our entire spine of Treacy, Darcy and Pearce missing being the reason we haven’t won the last 2-3 weeks, not a single 1st rounder there. Yet Brodie and Ras are both 1st rounders who can’t get a game.
We are currently chasing Warner and Bolton, both genuine A graders neither were taken in the 1st round, picking kids and projecting where the end up us still an inaccurate science.

I’ve seen pick 5 and 20 for Dan Rioli bandied about?

Am I going insane here. On what planet is he worth that? Certainly not earth anyway.

AFL would surely intervene if that were to happen
GC aint giving up 5

That pick is before a Lombard bid, it would be crazy to give that one up

The reason they can part with other firsts is because Lombard will eat up any pick from 10 onwards anyway, just swap firsts for points

11 and 20 are definitely in play for Rioli but thats only because of GC list position and concessions, they gave away 7 just to get Bowes salary off their list

I'd say it goes something like 11 and 20 for Rioli, enough points this year for Lombard and a F2/F3 (depending on points received this year)

So on face value it looks like a lot for Rioli but the points help GC and they continue to shift value into future years like they always do.

I'd be absolutely stunned if 5 is in the deal, it could only be if Lombard somehow rockets up the board late

If Bolton wants out you definitely don’t pay overs. 1 first rounder at the most. Otherwise let him walk once he out of contract
It's now or never for Bolton mate

Do we delay the rebuild to haggle over some picks or just get it done? remember this pick 9 came from Schultz AND we already have a good young talent in Coops to show for it.

The longer we push the rebuild back, the more players get unsettled

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not convinced, we are lamenting our entire spine of Treacy, Darcy and Pearce missing being the reason we haven’t won the last 2-3 weeks, not a single 1st rounder there. Yet Brodie and Ras are both 1st rounders who can’t get a game.
We are currently chasing Warner and Bolton, both genuine A graders neither were taken in the 1st round, picking kids and projecting where the end up us still an inaccurate science.

Every single of those except Treacy is at least a second rounder.

Outside of Treacy our only above average players selected after the second round since covid are NGA boys yet some on here are acting like Walls drafts better players at pick 60 than pick 8.

Brodie you imagine is gone. I guess if the Fyfe retirement rumours are true there's a spot there, but can't see Brodie leading that pack. Johnson, Raz, and now maybe even NOD have more of a shot there, and they're not gonna get worse. Don't know if Richmond is the best destination.

Raz you'd think is a non-starter. Can't see us doing a trade for less than what Geelong got for Clark, and can't see a team offering that. Seems less likely to be desperate to leave anyways.
Only rumours i see about Fyfe retiring are people on socials say "I think he could retire" If our 2nd best player of all time was retiring his send of tour would've been announced by now

It's now or never for Bolton mate

Do we delay the rebuild to haggle over some picks or just get it done? remember this pick 9 came from Schultz AND we already have a good young talent in Coops to show for it.

The longer we push the rebuild back, the more players get unsettled
Actually you put it that way, am all for it. The Schulz pick for Bolton plus a future first. That’s reasonable .

Massive win win from Schulz being pick 50.

It might help if you could you make this a question with multiple choice options as answers and we can all have a go at it.
He hasn’t signed.
He’s Victorian.
Coaches take ages to select him.
He hasn’t played enough games for the club to recognise his ability and potential.

Bolton is a medium forward. Direct replacement more or less if the club sees it that way

He hasn’t signed.
He’s Victorian.
He hasn’t played enough games for the club to recognise his ability and potential.

Bolton is a medium forward. Direct replacement more or less if the club sees it that way
We have stuck by him with his injurys..
Bolton will be replacing Walters

He hasn’t signed.
He’s Victorian.

Not at all, To some extent, Very much so, Don't know

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back