Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

May be a case of clubs expecting the extra year of future trading, committing to things, and now having to find a way of getting the deals done.

If even a quarter of these moves happen, it’s going to be a wild few weeks

All the clubs believing they have the best hand and by the end there's 20 aces on the table and it's all called a draw after the shuffle.

I think you could get that, but likely only during a draft night trade.

Swans currently hold 18&19

We could do 10 & 26 for 18,19 and future 2nd.

That’s not too unrealistic.

Leaves us with 9, ~17, 18, 19 our future 1st and 2x2nds

Gold Coast may be a willing trade partner again.

Either way. Someone will want pick 10 if we put it on the table. Many clubs will need to find ammo to complete deals.

Swans currently hold 18&19

We could do 10 & 26 for 18,19 and future 2nd.

That’s not too unrealistic.

Leaves us with 9, ~17, 18, 19 our future 1st and 2x2nds

Gold Coast may be a willing trade partner again.

Either way. Someone will want pick 10 if we put it on the table. Many clubs will need to find ammo to complete deals.
I'd look at it. It depends on where Bolton is going to land but it would be nice to get some late firsts in this draft.

Compare the pair

One is Shai Bolton, playing in the bottom side, one is a player go_the_dockers would have in the top 20 players, playing in a top 4 team

Attachments

• IMG_0319.png
    IMG_0319.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 110
Given Pickett's tendency to go completely missing in games (like COMPLETELY missing) and the fact he loves to drive his shoulder in blokes heads for fun I would avoid at all costs and stick to Bolton. Can see him getting suspended on the eve of a finals campaign for us (with no VIC concessions at the tribunal for us)

On Bolton, just remember how damn good he plays over here when he gets the opportunity to play in front of his family. Hopefully if he comes that won't wear thin, because the games I've watched when he plays here and absolute top draw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compare the pair

One is Shai Bolton, playing in the bottom side, one is a player go_the_dockers would have in the top 20 players, playing in a top 4 team

Given Pickett's tendency to go completely missing in games (like COMPLETELY missing) and the fact he loves to drive his shoulder in blokes heads for fun I would avoid at all costs and stick to Bolton. Can see him getting suspended on the eve of a finals campaign for us (with no VIC concessions at the tribunal for us)

On Bolton, just remember how damn good he plays over here when he gets the opportunity to play in front of his family. Hopefully if he comes that won't wear thin, because the games I've watched when he plays here and absolute top draw

I am 100% the opposite. Would prefer Pickett over Bolton, and it is not a tough decision.

I think this is why I think all the trades are massively overs, when other people think they are fair.

Firstly, Bolton has better stats this year than both your small forwards. So not sure what your problem is.

My example is of Shai on the left, and Toby Green.

Shai kicking slightly less goals at a similar accuracy and also playing some midfield minutes.

Firstly, Bolton has better stats this year than both your small forwards. So not sure what your problem is.

Shai kicking slightly less goals at a similar accuracy and also playing some midfield minutes.

It's baffling. Bolton is playing in the worst team and has stats up there with the best small forwards in the entire AFL. Even if he comes to Fremantle and has the same season stats wise he would be the biggest upgrade we could possible get on our current lot of small "forwards". Switta plays the same forward with a bit of mid time and does it at best half as well as Bolton does.

Supporters love to love their own. Nothing new there.
Not only is Bolton going to be a great addition he’ll put bums on seats and give supporters great highlights to talk about.

This is just my opinion. I just don't rate him as highly as other people. It is probably the easy misses than burn into the back of mind, plus the cheap goals he gets. Vs us he got 2 of the 4 goals by getting out the back, and having a team mate do the hard work for him.

I also have not seen Bolton really hurt sides when he has the ball in hand. I just don't think his skills are that good.

Add to the fact you only expect 30 goals from him a year, and he is just not worth the capital we would need to give up to get him.

Also, he relies on his pace massively. I see him dropping off once he hits 30 pretty quickly.

Once again, this is just my opinion on the games I have seen. I have not seen Richmond play that much.

1. Green 1.86 goals
4. Bolton 1.57 goals
3. Pickett 1.7 goals
2. Stengle 1.82 goals

1. Green has 1.2 GA's
3. Bolton .6 GA's
2. Pickett .7 GA's
3. Stengle .6 GA's

4. Green 2.2 tackles
2. Bolton 2.5 tackles
1. Pickett 3.6 tackles
3. Stengle 2.4 tackles