Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I am going to start workshopping some Newscorp trade week Freo related headlines

"Richmond prepared to HOLD Bolton to contract after 'INSULTING' Fremantle offer"

"Fremantle LEGEND urges Richmond to DEMAND Freo STAR in any trade for Bolton" (the legend is Sumich)

"Tigers tell Freo it's FIVE first rounders or NO DEAL!!!"

"AFL great says 'NO ONE WANTS TO DEAL WITH THEM' after Freo begin negotiations"

Viney is signing an extension at Melbourne.
Gawn also just extended

This is just my opinion. I just don't rate him as highly as other people. It is probably the easy misses than burn into the back of mind, plus the cheap goals he gets. Vs us he got 2 of the 4 goals by getting out the back, and having a team mate do the hard work for him.

I also have not seen Bolton really hurt sides when he has the ball in hand. I just don't think his skills are that good.

Add to the fact you only expect 30 goals from him a year, and he is just not worth the capital we would need to give up to get him.

Also, he relies on his pace massively. I see him dropping off once he hits 30 pretty quickly.

Once again, this is just my opinion on the games I have seen. I have not seen Richmond play that much.

1. Green 1.86 goals
4. Bolton 1.57 goals
3. Pickett 1.7 goals
2. Stengle 1.82 goals

1. Green has 1.2 GA's
3. Bolton .6 GA's
2. Pickett .7 GA's
3. Stengle .6 GA's

4. Green 2.2 tackles
2. Bolton 2.5 tackles
1. Pickett 3.6 tackles
3. Stengle 2.4 tackles

2. Green 15.75 possessions
1. Bolton 16.95 possessions
4. Pickett Possessions 12.55
3. Stengle 13.45 possessions.
Don't forget that the threat he imposes on a defense. With our tall forwards + Sturt, they have to account for Bolton, which means less double teams all round.
At the moment our small forwards are not posing any threat.

This is just my opinion. I just don't rate him as highly as other people. It is probably the easy misses than burn into the back of mind, plus the cheap goals he gets. Vs us he got 2 of the 4 goals by getting out the back, and having a team mate do the hard work for him.

I also have not seen Bolton really hurt sides when he has the ball in hand. I just don't think his skills are that good.

Add to the fact you only expect 30 goals from him a year, and he is just not worth the capital we would need to give up to get him.

Also, he relies on his pace massively. I see him dropping off once he hits 30 pretty quickly.

Once again, this is just my opinion on the games I have seen. I have not seen Richmond play that much.

1. Green 1.86 goals
4. Bolton 1.57 goals
3. Pickett 1.7 goals
2. Stengle 1.82 goals

1. Green has 1.2 GA's
3. Bolton .6 GA's
2. Pickett .7 GA's
3. Stengle .6 GA's

4. Green 2.2 tackles
2. Bolton 2.5 tackles
1. Pickett 3.6 tackles
3. Stengle 2.4 tackles

2. Green 15.75 possessions
1. Bolton 16.95 possessions
4. Pickett Possessions 12.55
3. Stengle 13.45 possessions.

You do understand he gets out the back by working his backside off yeah?

It would be like discrediting Frederick for only kicking goals when he’s wide open and players pass him the ball. Well he gets wide open by burning his opponents.

I’ll accept there may be some ‘cheating’ goal side with Bolton, but that’s not unlike many opportunistic smalls.

Plus it’s what we need to score more. Some genuine offensive threats.

It wouldn’t be like we’re bringing him into a side full of front runners.

Personally, he’s the best fit for this Freo side. He’d be a horrible fit for others.

A couple of months ago I had him over Warner for what we actually need. Then Bolton went quiet and Warner went on a tear to make me eat my words but I still maintain he’s the cream we need.

I am going to start workshopping some Newscorp trade week Freo related headlines

"Richmond prepared to HOLD Bolton to contract after 'INSULTING' Fremantle offer"

"Fremantle LEGEND urges Richmond to DEMAND Freo STAR in any trade for Bolton" (the legend is Sumich)

"Tigers tell Freo it's FIVE first rounders or NO DEAL!!!"

"AFL great says 'NO ONE WANTS TO DEAL WITH THEM' after Freo begin negotiations"

The AFL great in the last headline is also Sumich

Ha Ha Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

When we get Bolton for pick 10 and a second rounder

9 & 17 is about the best we could hope for I suspect.

It won't be 9 & 26.

I personally think 9 + 10 and they pay significant salary is the best outcome. I know we'll all be devo in Novermber not having either pick, but leaving room for Chad is significantly more valuable than a draftee is likely to be.
Let’s hope Port drop a bit and we do deal on 9 and 16 for example with a sweetener I mentioned above. It will be a compromised first round still.

On Footy classified they talked about the deal Hawks are offering Battle as free agent - being something like $850k at 6 years. Seems crazy but that would likely trigger band 1 and pick 7 for Saints and push out two picks back. That is not taking into consideration some of the mid to late first round academy picks (so picks 15-18 will be pushed back a few spots). So you’re right in saying it seems that the two early picks seem more likely with something coming back our way and some salary being paid.

If they accepted 9 and 16/17 for eg. The end result could be more like 10 and 20/21.

Ahaha I was thinking Marlion.

😂🤦‍♀️

Rather Shai than the Melbourne Pickett but good t ask the question
I was like, what is wrong with you?

I would rather Pickett over Bolton as a step closer to EXACTLY what we need (pure small). Also cheaper salary wise.

Adding him and Warner over two years would be just insane

Pfft, I see nothing here that Tom Emmett couldn't do!

Hilarious isn’t it.
I don’t get the poster criticising Bolton for 2 ‘cheap’ goals whilst forgetting the screamer he took when outnumbered 3-1

His cheap goals came off the back of burning his opponents.

The second one from the goal square he kicks it off the ground, puts an extra 5m between him and his opponent to kicks it.

If people only wish to see the goal square and not the work before hand then that’s on them.

Hilarious isn’t it.
I don’t get the poster criticising Bolton for 2 ‘cheap’ goals whilst forgetting the screamer he took when outnumbered 3-1

His cheap goals came off the back of burning his opponents.

The second one from the goal square he kicks it off the ground, puts an extra 5m between him and his opponent to kicks it.

If people only wish to see the goal square and not the work before hand then that’s on them.
I wish our small forwards were capable of getting cheap goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would the bolton trade look like if switta included as a like for like replacement?

Bottom line is
  • its switta that likely would make way for bolton in the B22,
  • he allegedly wants to head home,
  • and list management wise this would an extra space.

Switta plus 10 plus F2 for Bolton?

What would the bolton trade look like if switta included as a like for like replacement?

Bottom line is its switta that likely would make way for bolton in the B22, he allegedly wants to head home, and list management wise created an extra space.

No difference, Richmond wouldn't want a 28yo I wouldn't think.

We might get a 2nd for him which could be included in some way, but its not moving the needle.

Bottom line is

No difference, Richmond wouldn't want a 28yo I wouldn't think.

We might get a 2nd for him which could be included in some way, but its not moving the needle.
If, and it's a big IF, anything happens with Switta, needs to be after everything else is done, and late, so we can squeeze out decent compo for him.

His value would be diluted if it's within any other trade.

Bottom line is

I think we have a problem losing Switta in that the limited forward pressure becomes non existent. Bolton pressures ok but he's not elite there (another reason I prefer Pickett if possible). If we lose Switta, someone other than Bolton (Richards would be sweet) has to come in. Maybe having Bolton means you can get away with Emmetts negative offensive presence for his defensive impact.

I think we have a problem losing Switta in that the limited forward pressure becomes non existent. Bolton pressures ok but he's not elite there (another reason I prefer Pickett if possible). If we lose Switta, someone other than Bolton (Richards would be sweet) has to come in. Maybe having Bolton means you can get away with Emmetts negative offensive presence for his defensive impact.
If there's anyone who can handle the speed of Emmetts handballs, then it's Shai

I'd really like not to lose anyone this year. Not because they're not replaceable, but just to keep the experience we do have. The cohesion etc.

There's a decent chance Sonny and/or Fyfe contribute even less next year which is more experience gone. Aish has already started phasing out, that's 150 games, JoM could easily decline from B22, there's another 180 gone.

So keeping players like Switta, who's played 80 (all for us) is important.

It also means Banfield keeps his spot in the side. (Assuming we just swap Switta for Bolton)

Agree Richards, or someone else along those lines would be good. I like Winder.

I think we need to find away to improve our bottom 4 or 5 players in our 23, plus improve the next 5 players.

JOM, Banfield, Worner, Wagner, Fyfe, Walters, Switta, Frederick - 6 played on the weekend.

Not saying all should be dropped, but it would be nice to have some pressure on them to keep their spots.

Currently we have only have Simpson putting any pressure on our small to medium forwards, and he is more of a mid than a forward.

I'd really like not to lose anyone this year. Not because they're not replaceable, but just to keep the experience we do have. The cohesion etc.

There's a decent chance Sonny and/or Fyfe contribute even less next year which is more experience gone. Aish has already started phasing out, that's 150 games, JoM could easily decline from B22, there's another 180 gone.

So keeping players like Switta, who's played 80 (all for us) is important.

Agree. I see Bolton as the Switta replacement and Switta as the Emmett/Sonny replacement. Both are upgrades on the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back