Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes the Switta thing seems to be picking up again, think it was Brad Hardly today.

Hope it's not true he's one of my favourite players... Which is exactly what I said about Schulz, Acres, Bras Hill etc.... FML.

With that track record, I don't suppose Banners could be your favorite player next year, huh? ;)

Where do we think the price will ultimately land for Baker and Bolton? All 3 firsts with Richmonds highest 2nd coming back? The 2 best firsts and Saints 2nd? At the end of the day you are hoping to draft a couple of guys as good as these 2 with the picks anyway and they will slot straight in. In their prime. I could live with either of those deals. Still take a decent first or 2 high ish 2nds to the draft for Walls to do his thing.
We will keep 1x first and 1x second I expect.

Matt Owies does not have a contract offer. Is not a star by any means, but worth a small contract offer to see if he wants to come across.

Calrton have not offered him a contract so far, so would not cost much in terms of draft picks. (Very late pick)

27, and 32 goals the last 2 years. (At 1.5 goals a game)
Only 8-9 possession a game, just over 2 tackles a game, and 4.5 score involvements per game.

Limitations - 27 years old, 178cm's and a bit slow. (I am guessing Walters like pace. )

At best he is a good stop game for 2-3 years, and lets other players play in the correct role.
At worst, he plays WAFL for 2 years on 300-400k as other players are dominating.

Matt Owies does not have a contract offer. Is not a star by any means, but worth a small contract offer to see if he wants to come across.

Calrton have not offered him a contract so far, so would not cost much in terms of draft picks. (Very late pick)

Only 8-9 possession a game, just over 2 tackles a game, and 4.5 score involvements per game.

Limitations - 27 years old, 178cm's and a bit slow. (I am guessing Walters like pace. )

At best he is a good stop game for 2-3 years, and lets other players play in the correct role.
At worst, he plays WAFL for 2 years on 300-400k as other players are dominating.

If the metric we are using is Owies, I think you can fill his role with the best clean hands midfielder in the WAFL for half the salary cap impact. You're already a fan.

Sharp was one of our best players for 3/4's of the season. He is probably just stuffed.
Sharp's still bringing a lot of run and energy.

It's his decision making (and related execution) that has been on a downward trend. Could also be a fatigue thing, but his prior history in decision making was the big question mark over him before the start of the season.

Plenty of opportunity to right that ship though. This season and next.

I’m very curious about who the tigers would want that has a similar worth to Baker, Ras or Brodie were my first thoughts, but maybe if they are hitting the full reset button it’s some of our younger vic players? A combination from: Murphy/ Knobel / Reidy / stanley / Simpson?

Ras or Brodie might make sense, but they are worth way less than Baker. They also have Taranto and Hopper that are similar style players. They've really stuffed themselves picking up those guys. Will be 27 and 28 start of next year and contracted to end of 2029, and I doubt any team would want them. Great trading by GWS.

He’s not even worth picking up the phone to enquire.

You’re all over the place.

No to Shai. Yes to Winder. Let’s look at Owies. Let’s draft Berry or Johnson.

It’s like you’ve watched Moneyball on repeat for 3 years and think you’re him.

Not sure you have ever watched Bolton play. It's honestly the only explanation as to your rating of his overall game.
Bolton's kicking on goal has become really erratic. Especially since Richmond's overall form has tanked.

He can be really wasteful.

What you might bank on is the excitement of being in contention sharpening his focus and reducing his brain farts.

Ras or Brodie might make sense, but they are worth way less than Baker. They also have Taranto and Hopper that are similar style players. They've really stuffed themselves picking up those guys. Will be 27 and 28 start of next year and contracted to end of 2029, and I doubt any team would want them. Great trading by GWS.

Old mate Cornes has a go at Bolton for wanting out. Goes on about when things get tough he wants to leave and blah blah.

Then in next breath talks about how Taranto and Hopper should want out after what is happening.

I’m like ‘what… like things got tough!’

The hypocrisy is hilarious.

Sharp's still bringing a lot of run and energy.

It's his decision making (and related execution) that has been on a downward trend. Could also be a fatigue thing, but his prior history in decision making was the big question mark over him before the start of the season.

Plenty of opportunity to right that ship though. This season and next.

I don’t think Sharp has been bad. Would be like trying to find a needle in the haystack without Treacy up front. Amiss doesn’t command space just yet and Jackson isn’t marking anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s not even worth picking up the phone to enquire.

You’re all over the place.

No to Shai. Yes to Winder. Let’s look at Owies. Let’s draft Berry or Johnson.

It’s like you’ve watched Moneyball on repeat for 3 years and think you’re him.

Winder might be an okay idea.

Owies is literally a smaller Emmett except way older and only slightly better. When Owies was the age of Emmett he was far worse. I’d rather give Emmett four years (which isn’t happening) than bring Owies across on three. Carlton will offer him a contract imo so we’re not getting him for nothing contract wise.

In no way am I saying Emmett is the answer but it’s players like Owies being best 22 that is separating Carlton between fringe top eight to the star-studded team the media think they are. Their top 12-14 is as good as anyone’s but the rest of their team stinks.

Last edited:
I don’t think Sharp has been bad. Would be like trying to find a needle in the haystack without Treacy up front. Amiss doesn’t command space just yet and Jackson isn’t marking anything.
I really don’t think his disposal this season has been as bad as people are trying to make it out to be. Definitely been much better than anyone else we’ve had play that role in recent times.

It has gotten worse as the year progressed and he’s having a few absolute clangers a game but I think that’s just more of a fatigue than skill issue.

One thing though is that he doesn’t have a left foot. Needs to work his way around that.

Old mate Cornes has a go at Bolton for wanting out. Goes on about when things get tough he wants to leave and blah blah.

Then in next breath talks about how Taranto and Hopper should want out after what is happening.

I’m like ‘what… like things got tough!’

The hypocrisy is hilarious.

Wonder if he would say the same about JHF

Not bad. Just not as good as he was earlier in the season. He has been defaulting his options to a lot of bombing down the line of late.

Cornes has had a hardon of hate for us since the whole 'Fyfe retired me" thing. It's just reached new levels of cringe now.

He's decided to be the most "controversial' pundit, the one others are locked in rows with or constantly disagreeing over. Draws attention to him, like my post now. It's very silly.

Instant delist material

I'd rather the club run a reality show over summer where they let all of Freo big footy train at the club and the winner gets taken in the SSP.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back