Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn't have to be to Richmond, it can be just trading someone and the capital goes towards Baker meaning we'd keep the 1st and 2nd.

Smaller ground will suit Switta. SCG.

I don't want to lose him but I think Warner is more dynamic in both positions Switta plays.

Smaller ground will suit Switta. SCG.

I don't want to lose him but I think Warner is more dynamic in both positions Switta plays.
No Way Beer GIF by Busch

How much salary would switta shed over the next 2 years? Can't imagine it's much

400k a year at most?

Swit does so many 1%s (smothers pressure acts, chases, tackles) that really lift the group, can't afford to lose him

It all adds up. You send some 300-500k contracts on their way, and you can bring in a bigger contract plus minimum wage types. For example Switta + Taberner might be in the ballpark of Baker + Winder.

I think we have a really hard squeeze to fit in our targets. I would personally pass on Baker as I don't know how we can afford Bolton + Baker + Warner, but it seems the club is going after all 3. There might be some collateral damage in losing player(s) we want to keep.

I think 9,10, 26 for Baker, Bolton + something is more realistic.
Fairly certain that we’ll move 2x of those first rounders, any extra will have to come from somewhere else.

He’s not even worth picking up the phone to enquire.

You’re all over the place.

No to Shai. Yes to Winder. Let’s look at Owies. Let’s draft Berry or Johnson.

It’s like you’ve watched Moneyball on repeat for 3 years and think you’re him.

Boardroom - old heads sitting around table. Names on the board featuring Bolton, Baker, Warner etc

Walls walks in. Rips the magnets off the board, tosses them in the bin ‘We been going about this wrong. What’s the objective in our game?’

Old heads - murmuring incoherent comments… ‘to… win’

Walls ‘Yes, how do you win?’

Old heads - look around at each other like it’s a trick question.

Walls - snaps his finger pointing to Go The Dockers sitting in the shadows with his laptop.

GTD ‘You want me to speak? Ummm, you need goals’

Old heads - ‘Well obviously, but we’ve spotted this HBF from Vic metro who…’

Walls - slams table. Pencils, clipboards and snacks going flying. ‘HOW DO YOU WIN?’ Snaps fingers

GTD ‘You kick goals’

Walls - Here are the new names.

GTD - sheepishly approaches the white board. Places magnets Winder, Johnson, Berry, Owies…

Old heads - ‘Owies! Come on he’s 27… I hear he has an undisclosed spinal injury…’

Walls - ‘What does he do?’

GTD - ‘He kicks goals’

Walls - ‘That’s right. We can’t match the big teams with their lure of cash and less travel. We need to beat them in here’

Old heads - ‘You’ve lost your mind. I mean Owies has maybe 50 games left in him at best.’

Walls - ‘Do I care?’ Snaps fingers.

GTD - ‘You do not care’

I really don't like trading for 25 plus year olds.
Lucky I'm not working for the club 🤣
One day someone on here is going to say they don't like trading for anyone over 19. I reckon Brisbane are happy with having traded for 25 year old Neale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean surely there's no way we use all of our first on this? That's just ridiculous.

9,10 for both or 9,17,26 for both.

Neale trade was 6,19 with 30 going back their way. So essentially worth a first and a mid second. I don't value Shai as any more than that (less, to be honest, because of consistency) but he's got a couple more years so would bump him up to top 10 pick and late first rounder. Baker is probably worth an early second.

Last edited:
Anything of note?

I am just listening now.

Duffield rates Bolton, but is not sure we should target Bolton or hit the draft. One last chance to top up, before Tasmania comes into the comp.

Bolton's contract is currently 1.2 according to Duffield.
Duffield's guess is that Baker and Graham go to WC, Bolton to Freo.

He quoted Cook (Geelong and WC CEO) and said avoid the coach, who can't coach, but don't worry too much looking for the coach who is 1% better than your coach. The big difference is the players.

Duffield has said this a few times, but Darcy needs to work harder, and get fitter. Probably needs to drop a few KG (not too many) and get better power to weight ratio.

Spoke with freo executive GM Joe Briety. (All the below is from Joe)
The west is irrelevant.
Pearce will have a scan on his arm.
JT low grade PCL injury, need it to stabilise. Club is taking a no risk approach.
Sean is having a run today, looks to be a solid chance to get up.
Cox is medically all clear. Cox was disappointed with his game on the weekend. GWS target the match up they want, probably did not get the hand overs right all the time. Some credit needs to go to Hogan.
Impressed by Reidy.
Won't talk about an individual players. Prepared to walk away if they are asking for too many picks.
Looking for X Factor to add to list.

Last edited:
I am just listening now.

Duffield rates Bolton, but is not sure we should target Bolton or hit the draft. One last chance to top up, before Tasmania comes into the comp.

Bolton's contract is currently 1.2 according to Duffield.
Duffield's guess is that Baker and Graham go to WC, Bolton to Freo.

He quoted Cook (Geelong and WC CEO) and said avoid the coach, who can't coach, but don't worry too much looking for the coach who is 1% better than your coach. The big difference is the players.

Spoke with freo executive GM Joe Briety.
The west is irrelevant.
Pearce will have a scan on his arm.
JT low grade PCL injury, need it to stabilise. Club is taking a no risk approach.
Sean is having a run today, looks to be a solid chance to get up.
Cox is medically all clear. Cox was disappointed with his game on the weekend. GWS target the match up they want, probably did not get the hand overs right all the time. Some credit needs to go to Hogan.
Impressed by Reidy.
Won't talk about an individual players. Prepared to walk away if they are asking for too many picks.
Looking for X Factor to add to list.
Cheers

I mean surely there's no way we use all of our first on this? That's just ridiculous.

Neale trade was 6,19 with 30 going back their way. So essentially worth a first and a mid second. I don't value Shai as any more than that (less, to be honest, because of consistency) but he's got a couple more years so would bump him up to top 10 pick and late first rounder. Baker is probably worth an early second.

I’m splitting 10.
Swans the perfect set up.

They have 18,19 as first rounders this year.

We sub out 10 for 18 and their future first. Then deathride the hell out of them!

It’s also their insurance for potentially losing Warner, in that they can just ask for it back with our own future first.

We then have 9, ports ~17, Swan’s~18 and Saints 2nd ~26

Then we can offer 3 x 1sts for Bolton and Baker OR Tigers can have 9, 17 and a future first.

We’ll get stuff back, but I’m splitting 10 100% if a team is willing to give up 2 late firsts.

The other thing Duffield said (19th I think) was that if players constantly don't perform in close matches, and in the last quarter in close matches then you need to drop them and find someone else.

It would be interesting to see who has the worst final quarter stats in the last 3 games.

Surely Simpson gets a crack this week.

Bolton is worth less than Neale for sure, but there are different circumstances at play. The main one being we need to get Richmond to pay a significant part of Bolton's salary. We're not going to be afford Bolton and Warner otherwise. How much is that worth? Hard to gauge, but it could be significant and I think 9 + 10 for Bolton + 400k p.a. is around the mark.

Some last round and finals ladder movements could move our 9, 10, 17 around and make different combinations more palatable to either side. Let's say we have 8, 11, 14 (Saints/Melb/Freo win and then Freo/Port lose all their finals) ... then 8+11 versus 8+14 is not a huge difference. Whereas 9+10 versus 9+17 is a big difference.

The other thing Duffield said (19th I think) was that if players constantly don't perform in close matches, and in the last quarter in close matches then you need to drop them and find someone else.

It would be interesting to see who has the worst final quarter stats in the last 3 games.

From a quick look Jaeger O'Meara has had 4 disposals total in the last quarter of the last 3 games.

Simpson is showing signs in the WAFL of his talent again after a quiet period mid season, he's closer to ready than he was. Still don't think he's going to offer more in terms of actually winning the game than whoever we leave out for him.

The same should apply for playing outside of Optus, if you cant perform when you get on a plane you should be left home.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back