Bolton, Amiss Sturt
Freddy, Treacy Switta
Sharp Serong ODriscoll
Clark Pearce Chapman
Walker Cox Ryan

Darcy Warner Young

Brayshaw Baker Brayshaw Jackson

Emg Johnson Wagner Simpson etc

That’s a multi premiership winning team.
It is but how do we clone Brayshaw?

And once we know how to do that, who else should we start Cloning?

I’ve got a feeling Richards is a plan b if Richmond decide not to trade, or ask for too much.

Personally I think we should develop Simpson as the next small in, his pace and smarts to get out the back will be a weapon.

Not a fan of trying to develop him as a mid, maybe after a couple of years but not to start.
I think he was plan A until Bolton made it known he wants to come. Someone being chased as much as Richards doesn't get to be plan B during trade period I don't think.

Also think Bolton talks are significantly progressed and basically whatever happens in trade period is all but for show.

I do like the fact that the club is targeting experienced players to play in the front half, we don't have time to have youngsters up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We aren't getting wages in that deal unfortunately. That's a best case scenario IMO and why the club is considering trading a player if needed per Drago.
Wouldn’t rule it out, if Tigers choose to go a full rebuild they will place a premium on picks, and losing those 2 would completely open their cap up.

I mean look at this team:

Bolton, Amiss Sturt
Freddy, Treacy Switta
Sharp Serong ODriscoll
Clark Pearce Chapman
Walker Cox Ryan

Darcy Warner Young

Brayshaw Baker Simpson Jackson

Emg Johnson Wagner Simpson etc

That’s a multi premiership winning team.

Would be a contender for sure, but still depends on players developing. All of Sharp, Freddy, Chapman, Warne, O’Driscoll and Simpson need to become more consistent.

Also need the best versions of Baker and Bolton.

I actually see a world where Draper passes Cox, Cox struggles in defensive scenarios where he can’t take an advantageous marking position, and is one of the slowest players in the competition. Outaide of ruckmen, he could be the slowest. Really needs pressure on the ball upfield or he gets torn up. Obviously he is a strong mark and has elite kicking for a kpd.

If you give up 9 and 10, you want there 2nd round back wouldn't you?

9, 17, 25 for Bolton, Baker and 30?
or
9, 10, 25 for Bolton, Baker and 21?
or
9, F1, 25 for Bolton, Baker and Richmond F2.
Not really interested in trading in a F2 unless we have enough picks to use three selections inside 40 or so. Not interested in trading our F1 at all.

I'm all for trading in good best 22 players like Bolton and Baker but there's a balance between drafting and trading that we need to ensure we hit imo.

Do this off season well and we perhaps add 4-5 players to help us with a premiership push and those people saying we don't have enough can shut up. Personally I think the two areas we lack depth for 2025 are small forward and outside mid which happens to be where talking about improvements to the best 22. Use depth properly and the rest of depth is fine (i.e. use Reidy not a KPF to replace Darcy). Just got to draft for 2-3 in advance then in 2025 and beyond.

No not directly on Jesse. Just overall and said Hughes type. A sturdy def that puts the fist and body into a contest and stands his ground
I think Im more enthused by the idea of trading for Bolton and Baker after reading about how we have a potential elite NGA product to add in the 2026 draft as it means we can add some more quality youth before the draft becomes compromised by the new team.
Lucas Robinson is the player Im referring to and he's a 188cm mid who's still growing that's dominating at under 16 level.
Rookie Me Central describes Robinson as a Matthew Rowell type of player. (description copied from Rookie Me Central website)
Lucas Robinson.
An absolute beast on the inside, Robinson is difficult to contain with his sheer size and aggression. He dominated at the coalface with averages of 25 disposals (18 contested), six tackles and nine clearances, during the National Championships, while also proving capable of launching attacks on the outside. Robinson’s strong overhead marking is another handy point of difference around the ground. He was named WA’s MVP and came runner-up in the Kevin Sheehan Medal. Fremantle fans will want to keep a close eye on his progress as a NGA product.
He was also captain and best on ground when WA upset Vic Country earlier this year. Some of his drafting notes say hes not big but able to get the ball on the outside as he has good pace.

The talk of players like Sturt being forced out to bring in Bolton is shocking.

The amount we pay for Bolton will be huge, and the amount we will get for Sturt and Switta will be tiny.

This would be back to the freo of old, where we over pay for 1 player and lose 2 or 3, and don't improve as a team.

I think Im more enthused by the idea of trading for Bolton and Baker after reading about how we have a potential elite NGA product to add in the 2026 draft as it means we can add some more quality youth before the draft becomes compromised by the new team.
Lucas Robinson is the player Im referring to and he's a 188cm mid who's still growing that's dominating at under 16 level.
Rookie Me Central describes Robinson as a Matthew Rowell type of player. (description copied from Rookie Me Central website)
Lucas Robinson.
An absolute beast on the inside, Robinson is difficult to contain with his sheer size and aggression. He dominated at the coalface with averages of 25 disposals (18 contested), six tackles and nine clearances, during the National Championships, while also proving capable of launching attacks on the outside. Robinson’s strong overhead marking is another handy point of difference around the ground. He was named WA’s MVP and came runner-up in the Kevin Sheehan Medal. Fremantle fans will want to keep a close eye on his progress as a NGA product.
He was also captain and best on ground when WA upset Vic Country earlier this year. Some of his drafting notes say hes not big but able to get the ball on the outside as he has good pace.

Yeah, we've brought up the NGA a few times, I think Cobbler might have been the first one to mention Robinson. If hes half as good as he seems, Freo need it in writing that they arent going to **** us on access between now and then because having priority access to him and the two boys next year is worth planning our drafting and recruiting around. Robinson and Whan should mean we don't need to actually draft or trade for an onball mid for like 6 years - so long as we know we are getting them both.

This has stalled our development. If JOM was playing great footy every week you could live with it but he does next to F all most weeks and is taking games away from a young player. It's not just JOM.
These sound bites are fanciful. NOD has been injured all year. There's only one player at Peel who can feel their lack of AFL exposure may have impacted their development, and that's Erasmus.

Making up total bullshit to pot players is lame.

The talk of players like Sturt being forced out to bring in Bolton is shocking.

The amount we pay for Bolton will be huge, and the amount we will get for Sturt and Switta will be tiny.

This would be back to the freo of old, where we over pay for 1 player and lose 2 or 3, and don't improve as a team.
I suspect if Switta is going its his idea and probably not football related and I suspect if Sturt is going its because someone offered him a lot more.

Wouldn’t rule it out, if Tigers choose to go a full rebuild they will place a premium on picks, and losing those 2 would completely open their cap up.

Would be a contender for sure, but still depends on players developing. All of Sharp, Freddy, Chapman, Warne, O’Driscoll and Simpson need to become more consistent.

I actually see a world where Draper passes Cox, Cox struggles in defensive scenarios where he can’t take an advantageous marking position, and is one of the slowest players in the competition. Outaide of ruckmen, he could be the slowest. Really needs pressure on the ball upfield or he gets torn up. Obviously he is a strong mark and has elite kicking for a kpd.
Even Richmond fans are saying there will be wage payments included in the deal and they see the potential for a win/win scenario for us and Richmond. Incase people are unaware Richmond will loose Martin and Grimes so if they also loose Bolton, Baker and Rioli for draft picks they will be struggling to reach the AFL minimum salary without paying contracts from traded players. At the end of 2025 they will also have the massive contract of Lynch off their books so they can afford to pay contracts from traded players for more than just 2025.

Effectively the more we offer in trade the more we can bargain forr Richmond to pay part of Boltons contract.

Last edited:
Yeah, we've brought up the NGA a few times, I think Cobbler might have been the first one to mention Robinson. If hes half as good as he seems, Freo need it in writing that they arent going to **** us on access between now and then because having priority access to him and the two boys next year is worth planning our drafting and recruiting around. Robinson and Whan should mean we don't need to actually draft or trade for an onball mid for like 6 years - so long as we know we are getting them both.
I suppose the benefit in that regard is future picks being traded is why they didn't change the system for this draft.

On that logic if we make trades into next season we should be alright.

However I'm dead certain there's a difference to the AFL when those future traded picks are for Carlton and Richmond than us.

I think Banners provides intangibles. Good character, charity work, intelligence and good guy vibes.
He also can play any role, by reports.
Sturt can kick straight, what else does he provide.
I think he's trade bait.
every time sturt gets involved up the ground as of late he has been clean and instrumental in getting us going in attack. hes also become a decent pressure forward and puts his body on the line when needed. genuinely been our best forward behind treacy this season

If we get Bolton, do we still need another small forward in the best 22?

Personally, I think we need another 1 or 2 small forwards on our list even if we get Bolton.
Adding Winder\Richards plus Berry and Bolton would compliment the list very well. (Not saying they will all be best 22), but I don't think locking Bolton into a forward pocket role would get the most out of him.
Honestly with the way the game is going, I don't think you can have enough of these small forward pressure types. It's been that way since the Richmond dynasty. West Coast's premiership team is the only successful team that I've seen buck the trend.

It's not that Richmond won't be keen to pay for some if we want, it's that the trade proposed was appropriate value without any money chucked in. Like, if you Bolton and Baker AND decent wages, it's all three firsts basically straight up

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back