Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a side-bar but Richmond played that Tom Lynch contract super well by back-loading it to when they dipped down the ladder.

Kind of the inverse of us with Lobb and Neale.

I mean, it does, Bolton is a vastly superior player, even Sturts dad Spirit Level will admit that. It shouldnt cost Sturt though when we are re-signing inferior players that are easier to replace such as Wagner and Banfield.
I mean yeah but i also see them as different players with different roles, it shouldn't be one or the other.

download (14).jpeg

Does anyone think Walters will retire if we get Bolton?
No, only if he decides he doesn’t want to risk playing any WAFL at all. I recon he’d stick around and back himself in to get a spot. He’s had flashes of brilliance and good games. Bolton might even unlock a better match up and make him a tad more dangerous again.

richards trade in
Winder dfa
Hit the draft with 4 top 25 picks.berry is a must.

One more mature age small forward if you can find one. Maybe someone like Matt Johnson from Frankston, but he is just someone the stays look good. Have not seen much of him

Is Bolton a small forward? I think he plays his best footy when rotating through the midfield. Even if we get him, we need a small forward as well.

So rather then go the bonafide gun wanting to come to Freo that literally ticks boxes we need ticked, you’d take up 3-4 list spots and gamble with 3-4 unknowns?

You’re just ignoring the incredibly high likelihood Owies and Richard’s wouldn’t come to us, unless we pay them ludicrous overs.

The others are crabs mate. There’s reasons no one grabbed Winder in the mid season draft and couldn’t get games with Eagles… Eagles mate! The team with more opportunities than any in the last 3 years and he couldn’t make it. Why aren’t you so critical on those facts?

Berry we may still be able to grab.

Johnson? That’s just a stupid waste of everyone’s time. Bloke had 6 touches in his last game.

So rather then go the bonafide gun wanting to come to Freo that literally ticks boxes we need ticked, you’d take up 3-4 list spots and gamble with 3-4 unknowns?

You’re just ignoring the incredibly high likelihood Owies and Richard’s wouldn’t come to us, unless we pay them ludicrous overs.

The others are crabs mate. There’s reasons no one grabbed Winder in the mid season draft and couldn’t get games with Eagles… Eagles mate! The team with more opportunities than any in the last 3 years and he couldn’t make it. Why aren’t you so critical on those facts?

Berry we may still be able to grab.

Johnson? That’s just a stupid waste of everyone’s time. Bloke had 6 touches in his last game.
Agree to disagree

If it costs us Sturt and other players. I do.

Plus it costs us draft picks.

I don't think it gets us closer to a flag.
Ridiculous comment. Imagine if we had Bolton playing this year instead of Banfield. We would have won ALL 6 of the close games we lost and currently be on top of the ladder.

I think he should regardless so we don't have the sadness of him spending half or more of 2025 at Peel.

But that's selfish by me and I understand he's going to be retired forever.
It's such a bloody shame that a lot of our club champs have missed/may miss out on a premiership. We wouldn't be having this discussion if we won the 2013 gf like we should have.

Agree to disagree

My point is when the list managers are adding they’ll have 1 or 2 players on their mind to fill a particular area of need. They won’t roll the dice with 4-5 list spots for that one spot and hope one comes good.

So, you get ONE player. Who do you pick? You can’t hedge your bets and hitch your wagon to 5-6 guys you think we could target and grab them all.

The opportunity cost with using a hypothetical 2 firsts would be Berry (if going for a similar player) + one other kid around pick 15. I’ve already posted that the combination of 2 players around pick 10-15 is more likely to not be worth Bolton. I’ve used the actual drafts.

I mean let’s await the details, but we’re not giving up our whole draft hand.

We’re giving up picks likely outside top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A goal kicking small forward is a gaping hole in our list. I don’t see us winning a flag with what we have.

I think we have to go for Bolton - offer our best and 3rd best first rounder with a second rounder coming back.

Unless of course there is a sure fire gun small forward available in the draft which I don’t think there is.

A goal kicking small forward is a gaping hole in our list. I don’t see us winning a flag with what we have.

I think we have to go for Bolton - offer our best and 3rd best first rounder with a second rounder coming back.

Unless of course there is a sure fire gun small forward available in the draft which I don’t think there is.

For Freo Berry is our best chance and he could take a number of years to be at that level.

Bolton wants to head to WA and we have the draft capital

I understand where go_the_dockers is coming from here. We’re likely paying Judd level trade price for someone who ain’t anywhere near Judd. I understand he’s contracted, and I understand he fills a need for us, but does that mean we should bend over forwards to bring him in. I just hope Richmond are paying a big chunk of his salary. And we get a second back.

I understand where go_the_dockers is coming from here. We’re likely paying Judd level trade price for someone who ain’t anywhere near Judd. I understand he’s contracted, and I understand he fills a need for us, but does that mean we should bend over forwards to bring him in. I just hope Richmond are paying a big chunk of his salary. And we get a second back.
Judd was 3 + JJK (pick 4) + 20 IIRC.

It won't even be in the ballpark of that. We don't have capital anywhere near those levels even if we were stupid enough to pay it.

It’s been an interesting discussion over the last month . If we all go back 6 months it seemed the obvious targets were MacDonald from Sydney , we needed a bigger body in the midfield , Fyfe couldn’t get his body right Brodie was next up ? How do we kick goals without Schultz and we got shafted on the Henry and Schultz picks.

Wow look where we are now
Treacy , amiss and Jackson have kicked over a 100 goals
Freddy banfield and Sturt with Walters ( maybe 70 )
Young has become the second coming of Bont
And Fyfe has won us games
All the time unearthing Draper
Losing Darcy and. Cox in the first game

We now have 2 top 10 picks another first rounder and 4 inside 26
And now it turns out Shai wants to come to Fremantle Warner will be next year
2 great nga’s next year and possibly another in Lucas in 26
I think some perspective would be handy

I want Bolton at the feet of our talls and the opportunity to use him at times in the midfield
We have the picks and according to Taylor the cash

In walls I trust

Last edited:
richards trade in
Winder dfa
Hit the draft with 4 top 25 picks.berry is a must.

One more mature age small forward if you can find one. Maybe someone like Matt Johnson from Frankston, but he is just someone the stays look good. Have not seen much of him

Is Bolton a small forward? I think he plays his best footy when rotating through the midfield. Even if we get him, we need a small forward as well.
And how does that makes us better next year or 2026.

It’s been an interesting discussion over the last month . If we all go back 6 months it seemed the obvious targets were MacDonald from Sydney , we needed a bigger body in the midfield , Fyfe couldn’t get his body right Brodie was next up ? How do we kick goals without Schultz and we got shafted on the Henry and Schultz picks.

Wow look where we are now
Treacy , amiss and Jackson have kicked over a 100 goals
Freddy banfield and Sturt with Walters ( maybe 70 )
Young has become the second coming of Bont
And Fyfe has won us games
All the time unearthing Draper
Losing Darcy and. Cox in the first game

We now have 2 top 10 picks another first rounder and 4 inside 26
And now it turns out Shari wants to come to Fremantle Warner will be next year
2 great nga’s next year and possibly another in Lucas in 26
I think some perspective would be handy

I want Bolton at the feet of our talls and the opportunity to use him at times in the midfield
We have the picks and according to Taylor the cash

In walls I trust
Finally someone talking sense👍🏻

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back