Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ridiculous comment. Imagine if we had Bolton playing this year instead of Banfield. We would have won ALL 6 of the close games we lost and currently be on top of the ladder.
Exactly. Plus imagine how many goals Bolton would have scored in a team that led the AFL in clearances so a high performing midfield rather than a midfield that was constantly thrashed throughout the year. Plus if anyone looks up Bolton's record playing

While I'm happy to be getting Bolton, I would feel a little better if we could get the price down to 9 and the Port first and keep his contract under 1m a year. Would appreciate Bolton more if he help be signing on a couple extra years at bargain rates. Bolton is pushing this move as much as anyone, would.be nice if he can help

I find it surprising Richmond had to give him a 1m a year contract to keep him in the first place.
I think there were multiple factors with Shai signing that huge deal.

He signed off the back of an AA season where he had 80+ shots at goal, he was splitting time mid/fwd too, absolutely elite
+ its likely his contract was a bit backended, Tigers were coming off a strong period and had been backending a little bit through it. (Which you do to keep a group together and win flags)

From the heart.

Happy Music Video GIF by DJ Mustard

Bit of a side-bar but Richmond played that Tom Lynch contract super well by back-loading it to when they dipped down the ladder.

Kind of the inverse of us with Lobb and Neale.
They've been pushing back all of their contracts, its a smart thing to do when you try to build a dynasty

Problem is it can all come crashing down at some point.

Cats take a different approach and have stayed relevant for a long period, other factors help them though

Priority 1 - try trade in Warner and Shai Bolton this trade period using all 4 1st round picks (3 -2024 and 1-2025)

Priority 2 - if can’t get Warner in then try for shai bolton (2 picks) and baker (1 pick).

Priority 3 - Shai Bolton (2 picks) and use 1 pick on best available small forward in draft.

I think if this is the situation, then simply you say no to Bolton.

Does Bolton in, and Sturt out move the needle that much. I don't think so.

I want us to keep Sturt and not going to argue his much we should pay for Bolton, but saying Bolton doesn’t move the needle that much is just wrong. What we lack are game breakers who can win you 3/4 games a year off their own boot. Most teams above us have one and although they might not be the most consistent performer every game, those 3/4 games they turn each year makes the difference from being top 4 or out of the 8. It’s the last piece of the puzzle

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want us to keep Sturt and not going to argue his much we should pay for Bolton, but saying Bolton doesn’t move the needle that much is just wrong. What we lack are game breakers who can win you 3/4 games a year off their own boot. Most teams above us have one and although they might not be the most consistent performer every game, those 3/4 games they turn each year makes the difference from being top 4 or out of the 8. It’s the last piece of the puzzle

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bolton always plays quality at optus

So rather then go the bonafide gun wanting to come to Freo that literally ticks boxes we need ticked, you’d take up 3-4 list spots and gamble with 3-4 unknowns?

You’re just ignoring the incredibly high likelihood Owies and Richard’s wouldn’t come to us, unless we pay them ludicrous overs.

The others are crabs mate. There’s reasons no one grabbed Winder in the mid season draft and couldn’t get games with Eagles… Eagles mate! The team with more opportunities than any in the last 3 years and he couldn’t make it. Why aren’t you so critical on those facts?

Berry we may still be able to grab.

Johnson? That’s just a stupid waste of everyone’s time. Bloke had 6 touches in his last game.
Firstly I agree we should trade in Bolton. There does need to be a limit set on the trade value and no more than 9 or 10 along with the later teens pick and something back to us with draft pick swaps. No way we should offer 9 and 10. He is exactly the type of dynamic small forward we need.

It is my opinion and that is general feel really that Liam Baker will choose WCE.

With regards to Winder he is much better and more rounded player than the one who played West Coast and got himself in trouble. I understand he has some knee troubles but still been very consistent this year with both midfield possession numbers and hitting the scoreboard. We have reportedly shown some interest and he could be selected as a DFA or SSP Rookie.

As for ND and Berry. I personally believe it is important for us to hold a decent first round pick. This first round pick could be used on Berry if he is determined to be the most suitable and best selection at that pick.

This guy every now and then update the phantom draft. Look like he considered many trades and changed the draft order . Have a look at our draft picks and look like we kept our middle first round and a pick 19 appear ... and we have pick 30 as well. Any idea? does he think Port will have pick 17 which slided to pick 19? can't work it out.

This was a rubbish phantom draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back