Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not even Ralph is saying upfront the two best picks for Bolton, like, no one thinks it should cost that much then more than one is suggesting a top 12 for Baker which is just insane. Twomey even scoffing at 23 for Baker which is FAR close to his value than 10 IMO. Just bizarre
Most are now saying the unknown is how much salary Richmond will pay and how that would effect a deal for both. Richmond are massively under the minimum cap if Graham, Bolton, Baker and Rioli leave. If Richmond pays a significant part of Bolton's salary then we'd have to up our trade offer.

It's got to be the agents driving this.

They want Bolton out and Baker wants the Tigers compensated. That's the only rationalisation I have for it.
I'd almost agree, if Bolton's agent wasnt arguably the biggest dufus in that industry. No way he has this pull / power

Owies and Switta are very different players though. Owies is a pure goal sneak who basically gets the leftovers from Curnow and Mckay but provides SFA up the field and is diabolically selfish at times.

Switta is not as much a goal scorer, but is 10x the player in terms of work up the field and creating scores for others.

My view on it atleast
Yeah in all seriousness go away. Among other things Switta's got two years of a contract to run and is in our leadership group. Just like Bolton won't get traded for anything less than the maximum of his trade currency due to his contracted status Switta won't get traded for an offer less than his maximum trade value. Which in his case is an early second.

Yep fair enough, I'm usually the type to try to see the positives in players, but I guess personally I'm putting a line through him as a player who will make it. Offer him to whomever wants him.
Leg speed is his area still to improve. He has done a good job improving the other two. But if we don't have a future for him, then sure, let him go.

Yeah in all seriousness go away. Among other things Switta's got two years of a contract to run and is in our leadership group. Just like Bolton won't get traded for anything less than the maximum of his trade currency due to his contracted status Switta won't get traded for an offer less than his maximum trade value. Which in his case is an early second.
We need a Carlton tax of 20% added on top I reckon. Future 1st or apply elsewhere

Yep fair enough, I'm usually the type to try to see the positives in players, but I guess personally I'm putting a line through him as a player who will make it. Offer him to whomever wants him.
Erasmus isn't slow and you severely underestimate his trade value. He only appears slow when he's at the very end of long runs. Over 100metres he'd be in the top dozen at the club just like Worner is. In my opinion he's moved past Johnson too. His form at WAFL level is elite. As he's one of the hardest trainers at the club underestimate him as much as you like as he'll prove you wrong in time. All he needs is an opportunity.

Leg speed is his area still to improve. He has done a good job improving the other two. But if we don't have a future for him, then sure, let him go.
His leg speed and repeat sprint work looks to have improved a ton in my view. When players were doing repeat sprints last preseason he was dominating according to some of the training reports.

Erasmus isn't slow and you severely underestimate his trade value. He only appears slow when he's at the very end of long runs. Over 100metres he'd be in the top dozen at the club just like Worner is. In my opinion he's moved past Johnson too. His form at WAFL level is elite. As he's one of the hardest trainers at the club underestimate him as much as you like as he'll prove you wrong in time. All he needs is an opportunity.
I hope he does.

What do you see as his trade value, and what do you think I think his trade value is given I haven't mentioned it?

His leg speed and repeat sprint work looks to have improved a ton in my view. When players were doing repeat sprints last preseason he was dominating according to some of the training reports.
Doesn't always look that way in the game. He is running out of stoppages more this year though. Definitely a progression in that area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he does.

What do you see as his trade value, and what do you think I think his trade value is given I haven't mentioned it?
I wouldn't trade him. His value to us as a potentially good player is more than we'd get at the trade table. In my opinion I view him way better than most here after watching at Peel. I think he would be considered ahead of Johnson if given the same opportunity. He could very well come close to winning the Sandover despite missing games.

I wouldn't trade him. His value to us as a potentially good player is more than we'd get at the trade table. In my opinion I view him way better than most here after watching at Peel. I think he would be considered ahead of Johnson if given the same opportunity. He could very well come close to winning the Sandover despite missing games.
I rate him higher than Johnson. I think they will both be ok, but different

If mids get out the front, nobody is defending that including any of our players and Andy is one of the best in the league at it.

But Fyfe gets smoked anywhere. He just can't close space.
If Young doesn't get absolutely torched in the last few seconds against Essendon when everyone at the ground knew it was going to Merrett we make finals.

Doesn't always look that way in the game. He is running out of stoppages more this year though. Definitely a progression in that area.
Erasmus was a late starter to football as he was a cricketer of his junior sporting days. He was also one of the players who lost potential development due to Covid. I think he runs to the wrong spots a fair bit and that's what gives him the perception of being slow as he's constantly covering more ground than he should be. In terms of speed he was known for his speed out of stoppages as a junior. I think the added muscle he has put on has slowed him down a bit but he'll get better at carrying the extra muscle as the years go on so his likely to regain some speed. One of the reasons we drafted him was actually his athletic profile. He was a gun 100 metre runner when competing at junior level.

I think he'll go close to the Sandover as well, doesn't mean he's going to make it in the AFL.
Most people on here watch Peel games too.

Surely Switta doesn’t request a trade unless he’s agent has already found a suitor? Like Schultz had been talking to Collingwood

Sounds like Petracca is on the move to Carlton. Everything else will be off Broadway
That'd be so juicy. I want it for the drama.
Surely Switta doesn’t request a trade unless he’s agent has already found a suitor? Like Schultz had been talking to Collingwood
Definitely.

It almost never happens that a player asks to leave without knowing where they are going.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back