Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised Pickett is so low tbh. Kicked basically 40 goals a season for his past four seasons and is only 23.
At a good contract, he'd be my number 1 as well, overpaying in picks be damned

Bolton option is the best from that list for mine

There's something immensely dick swinging about the potential of giving Richmond pick 9 as part of a deal for Bolton but keeping pick 10 ourselves. With Walls in the house, it has all the potential of Richard Tambling vs Buddy Franklin episode two.

I agree. I want Erasmus to be able to give the likes of Patrick Cripps the don't argue so that he can create his own space in stoppages.
He tried a don’t argue on the weekend. Didn’t end well. At the time on the Peel thunder thread a few posters were very negative. I had a different view. I was impressed that he had a go. The outcome was poor and he probably should have just dished off an earlier handball but he will take that learning away and hopefully drive himself to improve and get stronger. Often the fend off is more about timing but there is definitely an element of upper body strength required. His arms still look quite slight. East Perth packed their midfield in the wet with big strong bodies (some of them usually play up forward as mid to tall forward - Tedesco, Randall and Ameduri ). The three of them look like they eat 6 high protein meals, daily supplements and smash the gym daily. Those three are big solid bodies. Add to that Crowden isn’t exactly a small unit (aside from his height).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking contracted stars, clubs arent letting them go for less than ew
Aside from Pickett (who I know you rate very highly) the values are about right. Pickett and Bolton about on par trade value. You are overrating Picket just a little. I do agree that he perfectly fits a need for Freo. His regular suspensions do hurt though.
  • Bolton: 1m a season, 9 and 17
  • Warner: 1.2m a season, 9, 10, 27 (with late pick coming back)
  • Pickett: 800k, 9 and 17
  • Petracca: 1m, 9 and 10 plus F2
The talk on Petracca is that the cost will be too high. Talk of the highest value trade ever. He wants out but understands the trade cost just won’t be doable so is realistic that he may well have no choice but to remain at Melbourne.

Also Sydney won’t entertain a trade whilst in contract. So it is a matter of if out of contract next year we engage in a trade and the price will be better for us being out of contract.

Aside from Pickett (who I know you rate very highly) the values are about right. Pickett and Bolton about on par trade value. You are overrating Picket just a little. I do agree that he perfectly fits a need for Freo. His regular suspensions do hurt though.
  • Bolton: 1m a season, 9 and 17
  • Warner: 1.2m a season, 9, 10, 27 (with late pick coming back)
  • Pickett: 800k, 9 and 17
  • Petracca: 1m, 9 and 10 plus F2
The talk on Petracca is that the cost will be too high. Talk of the highest value trade ever. He wants out but understands the trade cost just won’t be doable so is realistic that he may well have no choice but to remain at Melbourne.

Also Sydney won’t entertain a trade whilst in contract. So it is a matter of if out of contract next year we engage in a trade and the price will be better for us being out of contract.
I jacked up the Pickett price because realistically, Melbourne need extreme overs to let him go. Agree, he should be the same or less than Bolton really. Petracca is at least older and kicking up a stink, I can see them letting him go for a not insane price.

If the Martin being spoken of here was the one at Essendon, I would be pleased to see the club interested. But Jack from Carlton!! I mean really. If we loom at him I would be very much amazed.
The kid from Essendon can play, good football nous. Reads the play well. Great kick and a hoid kick for goals.
But I guess like most being spoken of here, is under contract.

Hold the 3 first round picks the team can improve with what we have , remember we lost 3 players that would be in our top 6 players Darcy, Pearce & Tracey. Please don't go for the dregs from other teams. 3 1st rounders we surely we get one star. Bolton 's game has dropped off badly, Baker is average at best. If we want to go for these players no more than a 2nd rounder or forget it.
Not happening, why add another 3 young Victorians to our squad when we have enough young talent already.

I jacked up the Pickett price because realistically, Melbourne need extreme overs to let him go. Agree, he should be the same or less than Bolton really. Petracca is at least older and kicking up a stink, I can see them letting him go for a not insane price.

Won’t happen but I’d like to walk away from the Bolton deal just to see how much of a stink Shai would kick up.
They’d be giving him away

Have to ask.
Pickett is the perfect player for Fremantle. Exactly what’s needed. He’s 23, has Jackson who’s also a premiership teammate.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back