Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

27yo Key forward Josh Schache has been delisted by Melbourne.

Melbourne. A team that desperately needs a mature key forward.

(Former #2 pick! )Schache must be really bad at footy.

Who was the Freo bloke here banging on about Schache? Are you gonna admit he's a bust now, or are you double-down and spam Wallsy with Schache highlights?

Actually think this is one of those that gets done pretty early.

Clubs have plenty of time to work things out between now and trade week, and with the other noise around, would be keen to get their work done, then see how they could 'help' other clubs get deals done.

Who was the Freo bloke here banging on about Schache? Are you gonna admit he's a bust now, or are you double-down and spam Wallsy with Schache highlights?
That was Swiggy but to be fair, Swiggy hasnt yet heard of an opposition player he wouldnt want to purple. He's the ying to go_the_dockers yang

Be a pretty short video.

TikTok would work

The Twomey one where it's like a sidenote to Rioli
I read "Rioli" at the start of that and stopped there...

Odd that they have dispensed with the contemporary tradition of requesting trade to "Western Australia" already for Bolton and just gone straight out Freo.

This might a case where West Coast isn't interested given the price and his age. They really shouldn't be.

That was Swiggy but to be fair, Swiggy hasnt yet heard of an opposition player he wouldnt want to purple. He's the ying to go_the_dockers yang

I would love Baker, Richards, Warner etc in purple.

I just don't rate Bolton that highly, and at the reported cost of multiple firsts I don't think he is worth it.

I would call Bolton an anti money ball player. Looks great in highlights, but the stats don't back it up. He is also poor defensively.

I just don't rate Bolton that highly, and at the reported cost of multiple firsts I don't think he is worth it.

I would call Bolton an anti money ball player. Looks great in highlights, but the stats don't back it up. He is also poor defensively.
For what it's worth, I appreciate you rolling with the punches and keeping up your opinion despite so many disagreeing. Different opinions and a bit of banter make the place fun

Me.. happy to be wrong, but who knows if he come here, Voss couldn’t get a game at Essendon… they need a forward too.

Love how everyone acts on here like they have never been wrong. At the time freo needed a key forward he was playing good VFL footy for the dogs. Never said he was Wayne Carey but anyway we move on. Clearly some can’t

Plenty I think wouldn’t look great in purple. None freo have been linked too. Surely after watching Sunday most would agree we need more class in front half, not Josh schache. But Martin for free on a base salary plus match payments…..

Look at Collingwood they won a flag last year with Billy frampton. They all don’t have to be world beaters clearly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty I think wouldn’t look great in purple. None freo have been linked too. Surely after watching Sunday most would agree we need more class in front half, not Josh schache. But Martin for free on a base salary plus match payments…..
I'm with you on Martin, so long as it's basically free.

Me.. happy to be wrong, but who knows if he come here, Voss couldn’t get a game at Essendon… they need a forward too.

Love how everyone acts on here like they have never been wrong. At the time freo needed a key forward he was playing good VFL footy for the dogs. Never said he was Wayne Carey but anyone
Voss hadn't played a single AFL game and won a VFL best and fairest. We spent the whole summer watching him train before giving him an opportunity.

Schache had more than enough opportunities at Brisbane and Western Bulldogs. I was shocked he got a third opportunity tbh. Makes a plank of wood look like Wayne Carey.

How's Martin's pressure? Because after watching this whole season, what I am sure we don't need is anymore forwards who don't pressure.

Except Shai of course.
It’s not great and I’m not saying he walks in to best 22 if freo get Bolton but he adds depth.

People on here overate some of the players on our list so much

Voss hadn't played a single AFL game and won a VFL best and fairest. We spent the whole summer watching him train before giving him an opportunity.

Schache had more than enough opportunities at Brisbane and Western Bulldogs. I was shocked he got a third opportunity tbh. Makes a plank of wood look like Wayne Carey.
let it go GIF

Bolton is inconsistent, lacks defensive pressure and misses plenty of shots at goal.
Come on down Shai, you will fit right in mate.
Back home, snug with family; seeing old friends....I know you were kidding, and that's good for the old mental health after a SERIOUSLY disappointing finish to 2024 - but there's a lot that could go right with the right application. New club, new friends - already a multi-Premiership winner. It's all about 2025 now, this is the crux hour, the next thing...trade period (!).

Look, there are ZERO guarantees, and people are still (rightly) sore from the weekend, but Freo has a pretty decent squad that's clearly missing some silk. And I think Bolton has the silk. Will it always be good, dare I say...even great?! Probably not. But it might just be enough, and then there's Warner. If they come, you can at least guarantee it will look damn fine on paper! It's whether that translates to green grass day or not...I reckon there's a decent shot there. Time to get fancy, one David Walls!

How's Martin's pressure? Because after watching this whole season, what I am sure we don't need is anymore forwards who don't pressure.

Except Shai of course.
Pretty decent tackle numbers tbh.

2023:

1724741474815.png

2022:

1724741422813.png

Odd that they have dispensed with the contemporary tradition of requesting trade to "Western Australia" already for Bolton and just gone straight out Freo.

It is more a case of everyone knowing WC don't have the draft capital to go anywhere near satisfying Richmond in a trade.

It's one thing to have your opinion, but you have some really bizarre takes. In one post you were saying Bolton is a top 80 player in the league, and then you say you don't rate him highly. A player ranked 80th in the league is an excellent player. On pure maths it's in the top 5 players at any club.

And I've given you some stats that do back up what a valuable player he would be. His performances at Optus which are exceptional. Over 8 games, he averages 22 touches, over 2 goals, 112 SC points. He polled coaches votes in 6 of those 8 games, including 31 coaches (6+9+9+7) and 9 Brownlow (3+2+2+1) votes in the 4 games Richmond has won. This is where he will play every 2nd week. But of course you don't care.

It's one thing to have your opinion, but you have some really bizarre takes. In one post you were saying Bolton is a top 80 player in the league, and then you say you don't rate him highly. A player ranked 80th in the league is an excellent player. On pure maths it's in the top 5 players at any club.

And I've given you some stats that do back up what a valuable player he would be. His performances at Optus which are exceptional. Over 8 games, he averages 22 touches, over 2 goals, 112 SC points. He polled coaches votes in 6 of those 8 games, including 31 coaches (6+9+9+7) and 9 Brownlow (3+2+2+1) votes in the 4 games Richmond has won. This is where he will play every 2nd week. But of course you don't care.
If he backs those numbers up just at Optus next year we arent losing any home games. I wonder if he's genuinely putting in a little more every time he's played at home or if there is some weird reason why he's so good there

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back