• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Kozzie Pickett a touch overrated?
I’ve watched him a lot and while he is a class player, he’s got a few flaws too.
His goal kicking accuracy can be horrible at times. He treads a fine line on the discipline front too (I actually don’t mind this brute physicality though as we have too many soft players in our B22 in my view relative to most other teams).
His pressure and ground level game is elite for sure but I’ve seen him kick some seriously momentum sapping behinds and even out on the fulls over the last couple of years in big games.

Bolton is a classier player for mine.
However our small forwards are so bad that getting either or both is a massive improvement.
He’s a 23 year old who has kicked 35-40 goals in every season except his first. If that’s what he’s like with his flaws I can’t wait to see what it looks like when he irons them out.

Too optimistic.

I think it's highly likely our first pick in this draft will be beyond 30. We'll probably get some of the Tigers late junk back with whatever we give them.

Can't happen if we want to trade our first for next year. We have to use one of our firsts this year in the draft.

IF Kosi requests Freo we just need to create 2 packages and message both clubs.

9, 17 for your player and your future 2nd
10, F1 for your player and your future 2nd

Then it becomes about who wants pick 9 more.

Both are ‘fair’ deals in that they feature 2 firsts and we can grab future points and potential early 2nds.

It will likely be all 3 and next years first. 10 and 17 for one and 9 and F1 for the other.
Ive never been nervous about an off season before. I am this one. Yep trade all 4 first rounders get Picket and Bolton if it means throwing the Saints second in to get one of the deals over the line do that too. Richmond will pay a decent part of Boltons salary as they have to to meet minimum cap requirements. Its a very unique opportunity. Hopefully the Port pick ends up earlier than 17 as that will help trade negotiations.

Ive never been nervous about an off season before. I am this one. Yep trade all 4 first rounders get Picket and Bolton if it means throwing the Saints second in to get one of the deals over the line do that too. Richmond will pay a decent part of Boltons salary as they have to to meet minimum cap requirements. Its a very unique opportunity. Hopefully the Port pick ends up earlier than 17 as that will help trade negotiations.
Using ports first to help secure Pickett.

Delicious

He’s a 23 year old who has kicked 35-40 goals in every season except his first. If that’s what he’s like with his flaws I can’t wait to see what it looks like when he irons them out.
Here here!
Does he make us better is the question?
And by how much?
A goal a game?
I am very excited!

Incorrect. I've posted numerous times on this. Amiss and Erasmus (2021) satisfy the 2-in-previous-4 years rule for the 2024 and 2025 trade periods.
Ive looked into it and its such a strange rule. You can apply to use your first pick even if you breach the one in 4 year quota (which I now realise we wont if we trade our 2025 1st). Basically the afl has to rule that trading your first is a bad idea for a club or something like that for the rule to be enforced.

If this is real and we can get both these guys the club just has to find a way to get it done no matter the cost(picks). Makes our forward line elite and in spurts both can play on ball and have real pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

Would love to know whether Morris is saying WC are at the front of the queue based on actual information he has or just his opinion and assumption that because we're going for Bolton we wouldn't also go for Pickett
Probably Richmond trying to convince we need to pay more for Bolton tbh.

Think they want all three first rounders. They were probably prepared to throw in some pretty good picks back (i.e. first two picks in the second round) but they'd still get the three first rounders.

Liam Ryan to Freo confirmed.

Pickett is young enough that West Coast can justify it.

I'd still be surprised because he'll cost plenty and small forwards aren't usually the centerpiece of a rebuild.

Yeah can’t see it personally?

They’re giving up pick three or a future first for a small forward?
Think they’re about two years away from being able to consider it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back