Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

F**k me. 70 pages since Sunday's game. Read a fair chunk — lots of bemoaning our list, debate over whether Winder would be a better option than Bolton, and worrying that Baker might choose WC over us. Was chewing up too much work time, so had to stop around 4 yesterday afternoon and just skip straight to the end this morning.

What have I missed?
We’re gonna win the premiership next year and Richmond/Melbourne are going to pay for it

We can do it.
Next year, Warner out of contract. Salary might be tight but I’d be looking at chopping the Banfield, etc anyone on short contracts above minimum wage
Nah, no way. You'd have to lose Brayshaw to have the money and we aren't losing Brayshaw.

What reason would they have to retire if they thought they could contribute?
Not many people throw away money either haha

If I were Fyfe, I'd be thinking long and hard about making a personal sacrifice to free up some money to get the salaries of Bolton/Pickett over the line. Every 100k helps. If he's on 400k then he could offer to play on for 100k. He's made millions from playing and investments (e.g. Pirate Life). Should be set for life.

Bit more difficult for Sonny, as he would have made good coin along the way, but nowhere near as much as Fyfe. But we could strike a deal to employ him long term as an assistant coach from 2026 onwards (or 2025 if he retires) at an inflated salary.

Nah, no way. You'd have to lose Brayshaw to have the money and we aren't losing Brayshaw.

There’s some smoothing in the 6 year deals we’ve been doing.

“Andy instead of 900 over 4 would you accept 750 over 6…here’s a Bolton and Kozzie shaped carrot”

There’s some smoothing in the 6 year deals we’ve been doing.

“Andy instead of 900 over 4 would you accept 750 over 6…here’s a Bolton and Kozzie shaped carrot”
Plus any bonuses from left over space.

He's ain't leaving and we don't push best 22 players out that want to play for us

Don't need to push, just need to select Draper over him sometime next year. Then it will be his idea. If his form is anything like this year (I know injuries) then it won't even have to be contrived.

I don't think we get value for money out of Cox or Darcy. I'd want to see their best next year or I am perfectly comfortable with either leaving to bring in a player that will give us more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine Garlick and the management group meeting On Monday. They would have been worried how the club will deal with bitterly disappointed supporters. Wednesday he calls a meeting on how the club will keep a lid on the uber excited , orgasmic supporters . 😂
It would be like our forward line if we got Picket and Bolton in terms of going from the sublime to the ridiculous. Eg just like a forward line requiring skill and pace getting two super quick and skillful one touch players.

I'm good with it. If Warner was 100% happening you'd have to think about it but it's very likely he just stays in Sydney. No brainer for me. Get these 2 now.
I still think Warner is more likely than Pickett. Melbourne are going to need a big shove before they concede and burn their list to the ground.

But imagine if Pickett & Bolton ends up being Hogan and Lobb 2.0.
Go Away GIF

I’m not sure the AFL will sign off on it. Freo will be hogging all the flags plus mark and goal of the year.
I was thinking that the VAFL would put in some bullshit clause change on the eve of trade week so as we could not recruit the dynamic duo if they were both confirmed to come to us or send Methcoast a priority R1 pick for losing Barrass just to shaft us.

We can do it.
Next year, Warner out of contract. Salary might be tight but I’d be looking at chopping the Banfield, etc anyone on short contracts above minimum wage

I would guess Banfield might be the opposite. I can see him being one we keep if he plays on for minimum chips because his family wealth is enough. Willie Creek Pearls were turning over 10 million in revenue in 2014 and have kept growing (21 million last year). And from what I've read, it is a reasonably profitable industry. I can legit see Banfield on our list until he is 32 and people keep melting when we sign him up for another 2.

I would guess Banfield might be the opposite. I can see him being one we keep if he plays on for minimum chips because his family wealth is enough. Willie Creek Pearls were turning over 10 million in revenue in 2014 and have kept growing (21 million last year). And from what I've read, it is a reasonably profitable industry. I can legit see Banfield on our list until he is 32 and people keep melting when we sign him up for another 2.
Banfield be giving everyone's partners pearl necklaces. (wholesome)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back