Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies don't have the draft captial to land Lukosius. Wonder why that would be...

Them and Port missing on targets because of no capital

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

The stance from the MFC President;

Demons, Roffey said while Kysaiah Pickett was homesick the gun forward wasn't considering a trade.

"He's got a new, beautiful little baby and his family's, some in South Australia, some in WA and yes, he gets homesick, but we work through that with Kozzy, that's not a new thing," she said.

Asked if she was concerned it could escalate into a trade request, Roffey said no.

"I've been told that's not even a consideration from his management," she said.

Demons, Roffey said while Kysaiah Pickett was homesick the gun forward wasn't considering a trade.

"He's got a new, beautiful little baby and his family's, some in South Australia, some in WA and yes, he gets homesick, but we work through that with Kozzy, that's not a new thing," she said.

Asked if she was concerned it could escalate into a trade request, Roffey said no.

They'll say that for now, closer to the trade period though he'll make it I reckon.

That was fun while it lasted.

I hate it, but I'd accept it.

We seem to be able to identify and develop rucks pretty well, so no doubt we'd find a replacement.

Odin Jones could probably cover, and Kuek has done stints anyway

I just think we’ve got to give a player up of reasonable value if both these trades are to happen. Murphy and perhaps Simpson or Erasmus are the others if you’re younger players with potential rather than best 22 players.

Players like Brodie, Emmett, Reidy or Aish aren’t going to add much value to any trade I’m afraid.

Whilst I think Knobel looks talented and having him fill in for Darcy in two years time rather than Reidy would be ideal, I think we can manage without him tbh.

Imagine this lineup:

Ryan, Cox, Chapman
Clark, Pearce, Walker
Sharp, Brayshaw, O'Driscoll
Bolton, Treacy, Frederick
Jackson, Amiss, Pickett
Darcy, Serong, Young
Switkowski, Sturt, Johnson, Fyfe, Wagner

I guarantee I've missed someone but please tell me if I have.

If I were Fyfe, I'd be thinking long and hard about making a personal sacrifice to free up some money to get the salaries of Bolton/Pickett over the line. Every 100k helps. If he's on 400k then he could offer to play on for 100k. He's made millions from playing and investments (e.g. Pirate Life). Should be set for life.

Bit more difficult for Sonny, as he would have made good coin along the way, but nowhere near as much as Fyfe. But we could strike a deal to employ him long term as an assistant coach from 2026 onwards (or 2025 if he retires) at an inflated salary.

I’m not necessarily disagreeing, but unless he’s a guaranteed part of our 22 why would he? He’s already given a lot to freo. Doesn’t owe us anything imo

Yes there’s some smoke, but can anyone see any fire????

the mueller report see GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine we get Bolton and Pickett this year, Warner next year and then get Schultz back for cheap down the line, best small forward depth in the league,
It would be absurd if our biggest deficiency became our greatest strength in one trade period. In my opinion we'd have the best small forward group in the AFL if we got Bolton and Pickev combined with Freddy and Switta with Walters as depth.

All I see is confirming Pickett gets homesick a lot and hasnt "formally" requested a trade. Also sounds like the club understands his "homesickness." Definitely a whole heap of fire and smoke there

nothing is set in stone and I reckon player movement will be RIFE these upcoming years. Contracts mean nada these days; but....IF it is to happen, it needs to be Kossi declaring it and wishing it, and that's where it probably falls into the unlikely stage at the mo (without being a 'Debbie Downer', Mr. Justin...just to borrow from you there!).

Media will want to drum up piranha-levels of frenzy amongst footy fans with finals looming and then the off-season, keep the carousel of coffers going around.....they'll be all-sorts of 'trade rumours' spruiking up left, right and balls of centre....you watch!

As the saying goes ‘Never believe a rumour until it’s been officially denied.’

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back